Modern Ranger Loadout

Silas5150

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Optactical. They had the cheapest, and I thought they had them in stock. 1-2 week delay.

Oh ok.

Just FYI, in case you REALLY don't want to wait, SKD has the doubles (RG, KH, CB) for $18 each in stock (quick disclaimer, I'm NOT affiliated with SKD).

Found these on news.soc.mil:

090524-a-6095h-515ybt1.jpg

Using the fast-rope infiltration system, Soldiers from 7th Special Forces Group, Fort Bragg NC, and Rangers from 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, G.A. descend from MH-60 Black Hawk helicopters from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment hovering over the infield of Lowes Motorspeed Speedway in Corcord N.C. during the Coca Cola 600 NASCAR pre-race military appreciation show on May 24, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Trish Harris, USASOC News Service)

090524-a-6095h-730mbt9.jpg

Rangers from 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Fort Benning, G.A. stand at attention on the infield of the Lowes Motor Speedway as they are honored for their service to the nation during the Coca Cola 600 NASCAR pre-race military appreciation show in Concord, N.C. on May 24, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Trish Harris, USASOC News Service)

Whats that I see in the second picture.... Simple MICH NVG plate.... and if you look close there is a Kpot version in the back. And a TT triple mag shingle.... if this were the squeals thread there would be a lot of arguing going on about how there is no way that is real..... it would have to be photoshopped.

Regardless, thanks for the pics!

ehh, one has a mag in? Not in any disrespect, but they seem a little....Unorganized...

Unorganized... how did you come up with that incorrect assumption?

1 mag would 99% be security rounds.

edit: those ACU's are normal, they just have a different tint. All the ones I have that were issued don't all have the same tint but are all the same.

I'll go with the 1% and say he has blanks.... he does have BFD attached.

And as Fatal said, the diff colors on the uniforms mean little to nothing. You may simply be seeing one guy who has been in batt a short time and maybe a couple of more that have their uniform for a year or more. If they were wearing woody cams you would see about seven different shades. And that would be between four guys as the trousers and jackets faded at different rates.

Unorganized... how did you come up with that incorrect assumption?

1 mag would 99% be security rounds.

edit: those ACU's are normal, they just have a different tint. All the ones I have that were issued don't all have the same tint but are all the same.

It probably is a security magazine, or maybe just empty magazine to show a condition 3 weapon?

What are those attachments at the end of the SCAR? Are they like barrel caps (to keep dust out) or BFA's.

security mag? Or it could be part of his squads sop? or his team leader told him to put it in? or he is from regt and not 1/75 and they always rope with mag in? or the opisite. Lots of reasons, you didnt knowtice he is wearing knee pads and no one else is? My bet is he is from rhhc, cause we always rope with mags in and with knee pads, and the mag is prolly empty if it has rounds im sure they are live or what would the point be? They take the train as you fight thing really really really serious and we only use blanks for very few things.

security mag? Or it could be part of his squads sop? or his team leader told him to put it in? or he is from regt and not 1/75 and they always rope with mag in? or the opisite. Lots of reasons, you didnt knowtice he is wearing knee pads and no one else is? My bet is he is from rhhc, cause we always rope with mags in and with knee pads, and the mag is prolly empty if it has rounds im sure they are live or what would the point be? They take the train as you fight thing really really really serious and we only use blanks for very few things.

Like falling out of choppers into a race track to show off how cool you guys are? ;)

Whats that I see in the second picture.... Simple MICH NVG plate.... and if you look close there is a Kpot version in the back. And a TT triple mag shingle.... if this were the squeals thread there would be a lot of arguing going on about how there is no way that is real..... it would have to be photoshopped.

Regardless, thanks for the pics!

Not to mention the eagle plate carrier

maybe you should hold off a bit more is to come soon.

O rly? Can you elaborate?

In the background you can also see tan/MJK/some other synonym for tan gear. Were there non-Rangers involved? (Nevermind, reading the caption helps!)

Here is why I don't think that it is blanks ( although it could be ) Its a race track and having little brass rounds out there isn't a good idea. I don't really see them wanting to have them go out and police call the brass. Just my take on the blanks, now for security rounds every single time we went off base with a large group of Marines, we had security rounds. One Marine would carry 1 magazine full of live rounds in case something happened. Like someone stopping the bus we were riding on, holding us up at gun point at a restaurant or any other place we stopped. Granted, they are highly trained but you never know what could happen. Who knows in the crowd, down in the pits or anywhere else. You can also see in the other group of soldiers there is a guy with a mag loaded, I can't really see if they have mags loaded in the picture with them fast roping. So I cannot be for sure on if they had blanks or not, but from my experience with dog and pony shows ( which is what this is ) someone has security rounds.

I will leave the Opsec part out but in the states we carry security ammo, who is going to protect them if someone held them up at gun point? Obviously at this event there would be police around, but better safe then sorry. I doubt it would look good if 30 SCARs were stolen at gun point.

Archived