Biggest Failure

warbirds

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my fail but that of a friend. Target shooting in my yard with my TM 1911...

I shoot a bit, then he asks for a try. I flip up the safety and hand it to him. He tries to pull the trigger and I say "The safety is on, do you know how to work a gun?" He replies "Yeah, of course!" and then proceeds to examine the gun for a minute and hit the mag release, dropping my mag on the ground. :P

Face mask fogged up prior to a frontal assault on an enemy base. The call went up to charge, i felt obliged to join my team in the heroic effort to liberate the base. then i blacked out.

I ran into a tree.

First: Running into a room, getting a bead on one of the opfor, pulling the trigger and realising I'd left the safety on. Got absolutely mullered, full auto from about 5m :)

Second: Test fired my old MP5 in the garden after doing some work on it. Went back inside and messed about with it a bit. Now, when testing an empty airsoft weapon, I have a habit of putting my hand over the muzzle to create an air buffer for the piston. Reconnected the battery, placed hand over muzzle and pulled the trigger, forgetting that I hadn't cleared the last round out of the hop after I'd dropped the magazine out. 320fps, straight into the palm of my hand at point blank range. Ouch! :D

You live and learn :rolleyes:

It seems quite a few ppl leave the safety on, but for me, it's not forgetting to turn of the safety, but with a fidgity motion, I click the safety on and off on my P90. So there have been times when I've need to react to people popping up, and not been able to fire back first time.

Another fail I've had, this one is pretty annoying. Since before most Sunday games I've always had problems with lack of sleep, due to last minute gun repairs/battery charging/sorting out gear, I generally sort everything out for my team. So one morning, our team came to pick up all the stuff, we loaded the cars and left. As I got there, I noticed that I had left my pair of boots outside my room....... Since it was woodland, the staff weren't happy when I was running around in a pair of Adidas Allstars. sigh.....

A fair while ago at my old urban site while I was still renting, I went to cross some open ground and scramble down an embankment to get a better position on the other team. The only problem was that I hadn't counted on how steep this bank actually was, so I start running down it, realise I can't stop, manage to get to the flat concrete at the bottom with my legs going faster than they had any right to be. A few comedy super long steps later I manage to face-plant into the ground on top of my (now in two pieces) rental ak. Oops.

Emptied most of a box mag on an M249 without hitting anything but the local flora and fauna...

Fortunately, the last couple of hundred rounds I had led to lots of pain on the part of the enemy team :D

Just had a right good giggle at some of these posts.

Last year at Ground Zero Weekender myself and a teammate thought we'd be sneaky sneaky and spent nearly an hour crawling underbushes through bracken, hot and dirty only to be shot by our own team who had followed a path parallel to us and taken the enemy we were sneaking up on.

We felt pretty stupid.

reached for glock in holster. somehow managed to shoot myself in the foot.

went on some big trek and was hidden cleverly under a platform sticking out of a valley wall, a few of the opposing players wander into the valley unaware, they get a few meters away, i run out from my hiding place very dramatically thinking i would do a hollywood yell and take them all out in one burst of auto. sadly ye olde safety was on. so all 6 of them shot me, alot. then laughed.

this one isn't my fail but i cracked up. guy throws bfg around top of staircase, bounces off the helmet of the guy crouching there back down stairs leading to a loud swear and much hilarity.

1# Pulled out my Glock 18 for last resort shooting between the trees, one BB hit a tree bounced off and hit my right in the chin. Was fun tho.

2# Some dude loading up a grenade launcher shell accidently triggered it in the safe zone, BBs were flying everywhere, what a waste of 250 :L

3# Diving for cover, i flowerpot my barrel

much like badwitchproject, i was in the gear up room playing with a shell and thought it was empty so pushed the button on the back and boom. had no bbs but made one guy jump and spill the gun he was woring on all over the ground

• 3 weeks later...

Defending a little fort from just a force of 2, I had a good shot from a small window spacing on an advancing enemy, brought my gun up, aimed down the sight, and shot the piece of wood I was taking cover under.

I forgot the sights are not the barrel itself.

I got him later on, but it would've been a nice kill.

i was behind a container with a couple of my teammates. so when a guy poked around the corner i was watching, he asked me to surrender. Since surrenders are optional i proceeded to TRY and shoot him. only to realize my magazine wasn't in completely and that it had dropped on the ground. i looked down at my dropped mag, looked back up and walked off the field :rolleyes:

Laid in wait about three feet from a guy on the other side of a bush for about 5 minutes, absolutely silent. He came round the corner, looking out, not towards me, and I open fire (he was far enough away when I fired that a bang kill wouldn't have been appropriate...), and my P90 does what? Dry fires... Oh yes...

I take myself out, as I did not want to end up on the recieving end of his M249...

This could be considered either an epic fail or an epic win, depending on how you look at it. I was the last on my team during a backyard game, and was hiding behind the corner of a house, with the enemy team closing in on me. I couldn't take them all on with AEG's using a pistol in the dark, so I ran for it. I ran across the yard screaming "JIHAD!" (just for dramatic effect) and shooting in their direction. Well, I didin't get shot, but I did run so fast that I broke a small concrete lamp lining the edge of a driveway in half and killed my knee. I doubled back around and killed one, only to be surrendered by the other.

'Twas fun!

Just in today.

I was spearheading a counteroffensive against some well-established OpFor. I ran ahead, took heavy return fire, and decided that it was best to retreat and use another tactic. As I turned to sprint back to my own line, two of my own men shot me - full frontal fusillade from my neck to my groin - thinking that I was the point man of the enemy.

Couple hours ago I was installing a MOSFET into an MP5K, took sooooo long.

Plugged battery in to test before closing it up, dropped the gun and fired a round right into my leg :/

Ok, so it works fine, etc. Spend another hour putting it back together, trying not to crunch the wires anywhere, etc. Fire it a few more times, works great. Put the mag in to make sure they fit, drop it out. All of a sudden, something shorts, the MOSFET blows, and the gun starts shooting uncontrollably. After it shoots me another time, in my haste to unplug the battery I start pulling on the foregrip, forgetting that I put the pin in :/

Which of course snaps the front end clean off at the top of the reciever near the bolt.

I manage to burn my left hand on the overheating MOSFET, and finally unplug the Deans.

So I'm left with a loss of about 6 hours of my time, an MP5K that is both completely unfixable and not mine (so I have to replace it :() , and a burned hand.

Remember kids, you can never use too much heatshrink tubing :/

We played a game where one team has to traverse a road that has "landmines" on it. The landmines are metal plates that are painted camo on one side and bright orange on the other. Your team's engineer has a metal detector and must sweep the mine and flip it over to clear an area. After a mine has been cleared, your team can spawn there. The opposing team sets up ambushes and defends their mines.

So throughout the game, our team got slaughtered while pushing up into enemy fortifications and trying to take out the mines. For every successful charge, we lose probably 40-50 members, leaving only 10-15 to defend the new position. Luckily, people respawn so they can reinforce the captured territory while the charging team is waiting for respawn. We reach the final mine and it is visible. We all know there it is. We form up in a valley, prepare for the final push that we know will have very heavy resistance, as all the enemy flanks should have been recalled to reinforce the front. A countdown is initiated. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4-

Out of nowhere, our engineer saunters over in plain site to the mine and flips it over, ending the game.

Where was the rush? Where was the defending team? We had all that energy building up for the last huzzah and the whole thing was very anti-climactic.

Another fail: In spawn, while loading up mags, my friend is messing with his G36C, with the muzzle right up in my face. I say,

"You mind NOT pointing that at my face?"

"Don't worry, the safety's on."

He looks down, and it was on full auto. Looks back up at me and smiles embarrassingly, "My bad..."

Playing a game very similar to above, called IED. There were three IEDs along a road, and the attacking team was supposed to get their engineer to them to pick them up. Once that was picked up, spawning moved back. We defended the first two to the death. Once the second one was taken, I stayed forward to delay them. When it became 1 versus twenty, I decided to run away. There was a rather large branch bowing some two and a half feet in the air. I try to jump over it, but my right boot gets caught under, sending me flailing into the ground.

From behind me I heard a couple of calls of "Oh *suitcase*!" and some laughing. While still sprawled on the ground, I got lit up.

Second failure from the same game. I was walking back to respawn, and I hear that the game was over. What? Apparently the enemy engineer walked right in with the group heading back to respawn. He then went to the IED and picked it up. What a lemon.

My biggest failure was crossing a bridge at my local site. this was the only bridge we were allowed to cross as was under fire. the bridge is only 5meters long. i run and fell through centre of the bridge and then stuck half of my body showing. Get shot like loads and yelling hit.

Another fail was when i told some kid to turn the other way as he might get hit in the face. Next thing that happens was a Gas grenade gets lobed over and lands between his nuts. BOOM!

We were playing a bomb planting scenario and I was the bomb carrier. I broke off from the main squad in an effort to slip in past the defenses; and it worked. I was about 20 feet from the bomb site when i reached into my butt pack looking for the bomb and it wasn't there. Turns out i had dropped it near the insertion point :(

Archived