Biggest Failure

warbirds

Playing a pistols & shotties only CQB game this weekend, I found myself behind enemy lines with 4 backs to shoot at, 5m away in an open corridor.

Slung the pump-action & drew the trusty Marui Glock, popped out of cover, pulled the trigger & you guessed it, that blinkin stupid safety catch had some how flicked on. Got spotted & managed to get the shotty up in time to pop one before being shot by the other 3. :rolleyes:

I am now removing that catch from all my Marui Glocks. <_<

Greg.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've had my fair share of fails...

Such as sliding down a ridge with my team, and having the barrel of my gun (that was hanging from a single point sling through my CIRAS) wedge into the dirt between my legs so that the barrel got nice and dirty and so that I got hit in the face with the stock of my own gun...had a nice fat lip after that one. <_<

And of course I've fallen plenty of times... once I had just respawned and was trying to get back into the city to help my team, so I was running down a hill (nobody else except a couple mods were around) to get there faster, tripped, twisted my ankle pretty bad, and skidded about 5 feet on my knee pads. Pretty embarassing since there weren't even any enemies around. At the same field I also ran from one building in the city to another only to trip on an uneven board and fall right into a deep puddle of mud/dirty water.

Another one was just this past Saturday, where my friend brought a few home-made 'nades. They were just small firecrackers in a plastic easter egg filled with bb's. Unfortunately, they didn't really work. Maybe he filled them up with too many bb's, but when the firecracker went off the bb's didn't really fly out. So I carried them with me because they still make a "bang" and are fun to mess with. At the end of the day my entire team was standing around right after the game ended so I lit one and dropped it in front of me. Expecting nothing but a little bang, half the team and I get hit with about 50 bb's...apparently that one 'nade decided to work lol...

Oh, and I've had my fair share of times when I went to shoot somebody only to realize I still had safety on or that I didn't have a mag in my gun.

One more from this past Saturday: Wasn't my fail, but a teammate's fail...we found an IED which was next to a "dirty bomb" that our team needed to extract. We had one demo man per team who could pick up and move the IED's, otherwise if somebody else touched them they would explode. Stupidly, a teammate picks up the IED and decides to throw it to get it away from the bomb we had to extract...it lands and kills everyone in the area...about 10-15 people. And as it turns out, our demo man was on the way to get the IED out safely when he was killed by said IED when it was thrown. The guy running the game was up in the Mod tower about 75 feet away and saw the whole thing and just laughed and told us we were all dead.

Lol Did you guys say anything to the idiot that threw the IED?

Unfortunately nobody seems to remember who actually threw it...but he was killed in the blast too, so I'm sure he figured out that he shouldn't have thrown it. Plus, a bunch of us were talking about it for the rest of the day on and off, so whoever actually threw it probably heard us talking about "the idiot that threw the IED and killed half our team" lol.

Oh well, live and learn. :rolleyes:

So..

Last time time i used my ESS oggles i hadnt had much issue with fogging, mainly because it was in winter, so i used my fogtech, it worked great on the goggles, but my eyeglasses still fogged. So i ditched my glasses.

Then i realizes just how much i sweated during a game in 90 +degrees and my chest rig, the lens on my ESS were soaked, i couldnt see a thing. So i kneel down, the guy who shot me was 10 feet from me in the brush....

First big game i went to my cell phone rang. I was with a group of guys and they all laughed at me. :P

That's not really a failure, I keep mine on as I'm usually the teams first aider!\, its handy to have the phone on at all times for me, Just in case!

Today's OP:

Ran out of bbs/gas and the team ran out of respawns. I barely got out of the respawn point with my dead rag tied comfortably and securely to my head. A teammate and I decided to do a last banzai run before heading back to the FOB(me still with my dead rag on). I start running and first thing I hear is "HOLD YOUR FIRE! DEAD MAN RUNNING". Not thinking, I continue to run with my dead rag on and they realize my big failure and open fire. Once slowly falling to my death, a friend yells out "HEY PEPSI, YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO TAKE OFF YOUR DEAD RAG BEFORE YOU DO THAT!" Sadly, I was the only one in the banzai charge, but my friend did manage to use it as a distraction and the remaining of the team to push forward.

my biggest failure was when i had to climb into a window without realizing there was already a door to get into :P

another failure for me was upgrading my very first gun...big bad decision for a new player :( .

I just remembered another of my phail moments.

One of the games last summer, I was carefully flanking around a team that was going to attack my team's position.

Most of the other team didn't realize I was hiding out in the trees, and daring to the next one whenever they weren't looking.

Just as I thought that I was safe, and about to get some really nice kills, I get shot.

The person who shot me said that because I wore ACU, all he saw was a grey blob moving through the green trees.

ACU= definition of fail itself.

After doing some distance cover on a control point, I ended up going SOCOM and hunting for a teammate who had turned out to be a "Navigation Expert." Gone 15 minutes looking for him, almost fall 10-15 feet into a creek. Make it back to my team, get my primary slung back on, head back to the control point. We top the hill and 20 feet from me is an enemy with another 3 behind him. Surprised the hell out of him, raised my Masada, squeeze, and safety. Upset their ambush though. Don't know how the sniper posted 10 feet up a rock hill above them missed them though.

Same game, camping in cover on the side of the road to let a teammate recover and hydrate. Get in a small firefight from the control point ahead of us. Nothing's hitting us so we keep there a bit. A group of three enemies go past in front of the direction I'm laying. I think nothing of it, they're out of bounds, I figure they're dead. One guy creeps up near us, almost to the fence marking the boundary line. He realizes we're the other team, almost *suitcases* himself, jumps back, fires and misses all of us at 10 yards. We light him and his buddies up and tell them they're out of bounds anyway. Turns out, the kid was 16 and "mature enough not to swear" when he got pissy about missing us and being out of bounds trying to say that we were when they were farther off the road than we were.

And I forgot to put the battery in my Masada before the game. Luckily I got it before the game started only to find out my squad leader was retarded and I could lead my squad better even though it was my first OP.

After doing some distance cover on a control point, I ended up going SOCOM and hunting for a teammate who had turned out to be a "Navigation Expert." Gone 15 minutes looking for him, almost fall 10-15 feet into a creek. Make it back to my team, get my primary slung back on, head back to the control point. We top the hill and 20 feet from me is an enemy with another 3 behind him. Surprised the hell out of him, raised my Masada, squeeze, and safety. Upset their ambush though. Don't know how the sniper posted 10 feet up a rock hill above them missed them though.

Same game, camping in cover on the side of the road to let a teammate recover and hydrate. Get in a small firefight from the control point ahead of us. Nothing's hitting us so we keep there a bit. A group of three enemies go past in front of the direction I'm laying. I think nothing of it, they're out of bounds, I figure they're dead. One guy creeps up near us, almost to the fence marking the boundary line. He realizes we're the other team, almost *suitcases* himself, jumps back, fires and misses all of us at 10 yards. We light him and his buddies up and tell them they're out of bounds anyway. Turns out, the kid was 16 and "mature enough not to swear" when he got pissy about missing us and being out of bounds trying to say that we were when they were farther off the road than we were.

And I forgot to put the battery in my Masada before the game. Luckily I got it before the game started only to find out my squad leader was retarded and I could lead my squad better even though it was my first OP.

My first failure was this last Sunday during a deathcard game. I saw a medic healing a deader; with my war-head on, I ran in to take them both out and nab their cards. Sprayed at them, intending to kill the medic, but to my horror no plastic flew. I stood there for a second with a gaumless look on my face; realising I hadnt been shot yet, I decided to reload. Though, in my panic, I couldn't drop my mag out of my gun, standing there like a numpty flailing around, I was finally killed and my card was stolen <_<

That was the first game we lost that day...

...thankfully it was the last though :D

One from me...best one I remember anyway...storming forward to take a bunker whilst suppression fire is going off. Get about halfway, suppresion fire stops as we'd not co-ordinated and everyone ran out of ammo!!

...not so bad but then I run dry too!! Got about five AEG's opening up and shooting my nuts out. Painful and embarrsing.

Mate of mine...got a large smoke out, lit it, waited a bit for smoke to come..BOOM!!...only turned out to be a thermobaric grenade. Lesson learnt, we all colour code pyro now.

The greatest fail so far would probably be when I was using a friends Glock 18, and just as I was about to fire on a unsuspecting victim the slide fell right off, ending up with me getting shot instead )=

My biggest faliure is stuck in the middle of a firefight behind a tree i go to reload and end up dropping my high cap with the door open.

Biggest failure i've seen is when my friend went to load is M4 wasnt looking what he was doing and tried to put the mag in upside down, and then wondered for 5 minutes why it didnt fire and started muttering that everyone was cheating.

During an "assasination" game, where I was the assassin with only my 1911:

There was a gate, with stairs next to it. The path the VIP had to take forced him to go right through the gate. He had a single gaurd with him. So, the gaurd opens and holds the gate and walks through and I double tap him. The VIP pulls out his gun and and hides behind the corner, thinking I'm further down. I stand up and unload half a magazine into him... However, every single BB managed to hit a bar of the fence. Then I had to go chase him everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Happened about a week ago, geting ready to go in the morning and spending 20 minutes to pack my friends car full of equipment only to get to the point where we're picking up or friend to realise we've covered the back seat in gear and having to spend another 30 minutes reorganising it so that we could fit out friend in the back as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well not really a fail that happened in game but more of a fail question asked on our teams forums by a newer member...

by Audio on 17 Jul 2009 16:39

now i dont want this to sound like a really stupid question, which i know razor is gunna say it is... but are the guns okay in this much rain being electric an all....?

by Lucky on 17 Jul 2009 17:06

Not a silly question at all mate, just need to understand some of the physics behind it.

Just remember to wear rubber soled boots so you don't earth yourself with the live electrics that your gun contains. At worst it will give you a nasty electrical shock or in some rare cases it can react with the plastic bbs. Of course because of plastic being non conductive but the AEGs inner barrel being extremely conductive it can lead to electrical acceleration of the projectile down the barrel. In effect this will turn your perfectly legal AEG into a section 5 firearm as it will be a rail gun and the BB will be able to achieve insanely high FPS.

Now the upshot of all this is the plastic BB will heat up to glowing hot temperatures and you will see the bb being turned into what looks like a plasma ball. Looks amazing on full auto almost like a lazer coming out of the end of the barrel and you also get the sonic crack as the bb is accelerated to almost the speed of sound, yeah the electronic acceleration really can get it up to that speed.

So just to sum it up, wear rubber soles making sure your boots dont have the metal eyelets that the laces pass through, dont carry lose change in your pockets or other metal things and you should be fine.

by Lucky on 17 Jul 2009 17:26

Just as a further note to this, here is a video example of what I am talking about...

by Elfy on 17 Jul 2009 17:31

My second ever game borrowing Luckys then brand new gun it happened to me and he had to fix lots of things inside it

by Razor on 17 Jul 2009 21:39

my famas has never been the same since that thunder storm. mohawk is has been trying to rebuild the body for it for about about 2 years, *suitcase* me self when the barrel arched to that guy infront of me

by Audio on 17 Jul 2009 22:30

haha, you's being serious here lol, or just taking the ###### outta my stupidity? lol

by Lucky on 18 Jul 2009 08:22

Yeah mate, I don't mess around when it comes to AEGs. In fact if you search through the photobucket you will find pictures of BBs deeply embedded in very chewed up trees from it, in fact if memory serves thats from when Raze's famas arced out.

The you tube video is just recreating what happens.

When it comes to stuff like this you will find me and raze suddenly go deadly serious as we have had it happen to our weapons before and it isn't pretty.

by Razor on 18 Jul 2009 10:24

yeah, its wierd how many people don't understand the dangers.

Sad to say he bought every word completely and was very worried about turning up to a training session that had a light shower going on :)

Archived