Pictures of your rides

It was a manual roof with brand new roof fitted. Another guy had a hardtop with stripped paint for 300Euro. Damn...what a mistake I made. The color (white) put me off the car....

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the....

Is that the board that can ride like a snowboard?

Exactly. The middle set of wheels prodrude below the other four, so you ar always riding on the middle and one side. The middle ones are castors that are spring biased to the center but freely rotate 360 degrees. This enables you to carve like a snowboard and even do 180s and 360s and keep on bombing the hills. :)

Nice man. I have been looking at those in desire for a while. How does that thing ride??

Here's Mine

Well, it is very flat out here where I live, so I have not been able to truly test it out. I mostly ride it like a normal skateboard, but because it was purpose built for carving down hills, the bearings arent as fast as I'd like them to be. Just pushing it around everywhere can get tiring. Once you get going though, it's very smooth, and boy can she turn :D .

-Jake

I need one! To settle my snowboarding needs during the off season. Which happens to be every day except 1-2 weeks :P

Ebay is your best bet. They run about $500 after shipping and such...luckily mine was a Christmas gift of sorts

-Jake.

P.S. Or were you talking to him?...sorry bout that

Edited by Sasquatch
Ebay is your best bet.  They run about $500 after shipping and such...luckily mine was a Christmas gift of sorts

-Jake.

P.S.  Or were you talking to him?...sorry bout that

Yeah that BMW Board sure sounds nice. I would love to try one of them out. I love the way it turns. it just looks like it would be smooth and a tight turner like you said. I had a Dirt surfer for a while it is was a *badgeress* to kick around on the flats.

The freeboard is a bit less pricey. I got mine for $50 off of ebay. Im not sure if they make this model board any more but i do know the last time i checked they had some cool new ones. Even brand new they arent too expensive. If you get one you may want to check into getting the foot clips. They are quarter circle looking pieces that attach to the board to help keep your feet in while you ride. But you can just step right out if you begin to fall. If you are trying to get as close to snow boarding you are going to want them. I have found my self wanting to get a set for a while.

Check out their website. They have some killer vids.

http://www.freeboard.com/main.html

Edited by ferretkiller
Yeah that BMW Board sure sounds nice. I would love to try one of them out. I love the way it turns. it just looks like it would be smooth and a tight turner like you said.  I had a Dirt surfer for a while it is was a *badgeress* to kick around on the flats.

The freeboard is a bit less pricey. I got mine for $50 off of ebay. Im not sure if they make this model board any more but i do know the last time i checked they had some cool new ones. Even brand new they arent too expensive. If you get one you may want to check into getting the foot clips. They are quarter circle looking pieces that attach to the board to help keep your feet in while you ride. But you can just step right out if you begin to fall. If you are trying to get as close to snow boarding you are going to want them. I have found my self wanting to get a set for a while.

Check out their website. They have some killer vids.

http://www.freeboard.com/main.html

Actually, to tell you the truth, I rather dislike snowbaording. I kind of, um, hurt myself on my fist try and that kind of ruined the experience for me. I bought the Street Carver because it looked really cool and fun to ride. I think I've seen the freeboards on a couple sites before. Now to check out that site...

-Jake

Actually, to tell you the truth, I rather dislike snowbaording.  I kind of, um, hurt myself on my fist try and that kind of ruined the experience for me.  I bought the Street Carver because it looked really cool and fun to ride. I think I've seen the freeboards on a couple sites before. Now to check out that site...

-Jake

That will definatly ruin boarding for you. I have had the worst injuries in either snowboarding or Pole Vaulting.

Jake, How does that board slow down?? Is it the carving back and forth that regulates the speed??

It is kind of ironic, here in most of us pictured you with a Beemer or like a lexus with your illustrious guns and you drive a volvo...

Albeit I guess that's the secret to affording expensive guns... cheap cars hmm... wait I've paid mine off and I still can't afford expensive guns... damn...

It is kind of ironic, here in most of us pictured you with a Beemer or like a lexus with your illustrious guns and you drive a volvo...

Albeit I guess that's the secret to affording expensive guns... cheap cars hmm... wait I've paid mine off and I still can't afford expensive guns... damn...

Volvo cheap? Since when?? And yes I do own a Volvo, two actually.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Volvo's are very good put together cars.

Mine has just been converted for road use and is still going strong after 250+ races.

That does say something about the reliability of their engines, doesn't it? ;)

Though I can't see why Titleist owns a XC70 when a V70 AWD would have been just as good for whatever he uses the AWD for.

Edited by Moriquende
That will definatly ruin boarding for you. I have had the worst injuries in either snowboarding or Pole Vaulting.

Jake, How does that board slow down?? Is it the carving back and forth that regulates the speed??

It's so bad on the flats it slows itself down :D . But seriously, just turning back and forth slows it down, not that I ever get it going that fast to begin with...

-Jake