Crye's new website

Sonny

your BLACK!?!?!?!?!? i assumed everyone here was asian. XD

holycrap!!... you're ASIAN?!?!?!?!?!??... i assumed everyone here was Black. ;P

IMO Crye's Gen 2 line up is well thought out and designed to be funtional. One of the smarter things they have done was to internalize the knee pad adjustment system, making it easy to use and a bit more practical. Pocket placement has also been improved.. in fact the pockets are so roomy (yet keep a low profile), that i dont think ill have to carry my ususalt thigh mounted dump pouch. (which will make my load lighter and allow greater movment) Worth every penny IMO.

you can read the MM write up here if u r intersted...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the terminator load out thread in the gear section your question has been asked and answered.

But

No, he is wearing black www.UR-tactical.com direct action pants. A very good alternative to the CP pants but are based loosely off of the gen 1 combat pants.

Comparing my gen 1 khaki pants to the gen2 RG combat shirt and pants. The gen2 material is thinner than gen1. the fabric is 50/50 nyco ripstop on the gen2 which is typical summer-weight BDU material. My gen 1 khaki is 65% polyester, 35% cotton. Gen 1 material feels more sturdy and thicker.

but this is a good thing for use in hot-weather.

did you guys notice that the elbow and knee pads are no where to be found on the website anymore. now who bought all of them?

Apparently if you call in, you can still get the pads. Not firsthand experience, but that's what I've been told.

I do like having the elbow pads on my Gen 1 shirt. The only downside is it causes your elbow to become rather sweaty. I haven't gotten a chance to use it in the summer though, so it may be worse then.

Last I spoke with Crye on Friday (14 MAR) they asked if my order had one or the other and told me that they are still avalible and they are made on site. They seem to be trying to keep pace while keeping things done in house. After which I found my order had already shipped and was not subject to a possible back order.

It's surprising their terms only call for that. There are many, many restrictions on the purchase of that class of armor at the state level, heck it's even hard to come by it in Texas.

Even though they have that whole thing saying they would I would bet good money they would refuse to sell you the armor.

you buzzkill :P

my set of elbow pads came with only one velcro band. (i believe this band is used to secure the elbow pads to your forearm). So if that is the correct reasoning, why then would they only send one? ? SOZE... did u recieve 2 bands or one? just curious, thnx.

I got 2 bands. one for each side

Anyone from the West Coast recieve their orders yet?

Not exactly on the west coast...but half way there in Iowa.

I just got 1 of 3 of my orders. Surprisingly it was my second order. My order number was low, #0023, #0026(what I just got), and #0214(knee pads). All with UPS 3day select. I thought with a low order number mine would be one of the few shipped first. Kind of disappointed on it taking a week to get just one order.

However...having genII pants in MC and black all makes up for it :) Now I just need the shirts and pads to go with them...which was my first order. I have to say the combat pants are so amazingly comfortable compared to any BDU's Ive ever worn.

IMG_1010.JPG

I got 2 out of my 3 orders last week. One actually ended up in my neighbors's house. I got the combat shirt and field pants. still waiting for the combat pants.

I agree with the knee pad placement being awkward...atleast on my field pants. it seems to be tilting to the sides. And it really doesnt look that good with knee pads.

Archived