Blaster ''Devil'' Heavyweight BBs

Hammerfall

I thought i'd start a new thread for these, now i have more info courtesy of Landwarrior.

Basically, they come in all the same weights as the Madbull BBs, in bigger quantities and i think they're virtually the same colour too. However, LWA said that ASG told them these blaster BBs are higher grade than the madbull ones :D They're expecting them in soon too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/e107_plugins/au...ts%2FIWA%202009

The top pictures there, you see them in the cabinet - that is all as of yet.

However, LWA here in the UK, were one of the companies involved in the production, and were at ASG in September partly due to it. LWA then came back to me saying that these are higher grade than Masbull, or so ASG say - they're NOT jsut rebranded.

Everyone claims they have the highest grade bb's

Agreed and somehow they claim to sell them at bulk prices / quantities compared to the benchmark 0.29 SGM. I guess I must be a "natural born skeptic" too :)

I have used BLASTER 0.30g before and they were nothing special.

Hopefully, I'll investigate the MADBULL 0.40g this weekend.

Good Hunting ;)

I agree, but this was ASG giving the ''high grade'' info. They only distribute the BBs, so if they say they're higher grade than another BB that they also distribute, then i imagine they're not ######. I dunno though, i too am a skeptic - only tests will tell :)

I agree, but this was ASG giving the ''high grade'' info. They only distribute the BBs, so if they say they're higher grade than another BB that they also distribute, then i imagine they're not ######. I dunno though, i too am a skeptic - only tests will tell :)

Anyone that makes money off if it isn't to be trusted IMO, haha.

They'd surely make more effort to push the more expensive BBs? (presuming Blaster's will be cheaper than MBs, as the retailer said)

Wrong. They are likely to push bbs with a higher gross profit.

If 5000 of bb (1) costs $10 to buy and sells for $15, the gross profit is $5

If 5000 bb (2) costs $3 to buy and sells for $10, the gross profit is $7

Therefore it is more profitable to sell the cheaper bbs. Now if the return rate or the level of dissatisfied customers is high with bb (2), then it would be more advantageous to sell bb (1). Got it? :)

I get you, as i say the proof will be in the proverbial pudding :)

And more often than not the product being touted is something they picked up en-masse clearance because it is/was trash and the original seller was trying to get rid of it.

I thought i'd start a new thread for these, now i have more info courtesy of Landwarrior.

Basically, they come in all the same weights as the Madbull BBs, in bigger quantities and i think they're virtually the same colour too. However, LWA said that ASG told them these blaster BBs are higher grade than the madbull ones :D They're expecting them in soon too.

You beet me to it, I have a sample qty. of the .4's coming & should get round to testing them as soon as the wind dies down.

Rumor has it, they are made by the same folk that make the MB ones. This is probably based on the obvious colour & weight similarities.

I'll post results. ;)

Greg.

Yep, i've found Blaster 0.30's to be the perfect soultion for my M14 (not quite cutting the mustard for my VSR) and their 0.25's i use exclusively in my other AEGs. They're not just some cheapo brand that buy their BBs in a clearance - they're all made in Japan and are relatively high precision. In my experience, they offer brilliant value for money in the UK market, with a bottle of 3000 0.25's coming in at £8 - which is enough for me to keep faith in them bringing out a good heavyweight BB :)

It's only the Teflon-coated ones people disliked.

Apart from some people barking on about them being slightly less consistent than SGM's, I always found 0.29 too light, and only really good at short ranges.

My best kills out at long range have come with Digicon Straight .43g's, with a nice, gentle HOP curve. I've had some okay ones with 0.36g's too, but they're a bit unpredictable at range, like the SGM's.

I find VSR users love the SGM's.

Ben.

It's only the Teflon-coated ones people disliked.

Apart from some people barking on about them being slightly less consistent than SGM's, I always found 0.29 too light, and only really good at short ranges.

My best kills out at long range have come with Digicon Straight .43g's, with a nice, gentle HOP curve. I've had some okay ones with 0.36g's too, but they're a bit unpredictable at range, like the SGM's.

I find VSR users love the SGM's.

Ben.

'Ello. :D

I have also found that the Tans preferred .43 Digis.

At that time there was no .43 alternative, so it may just be the weight, not the brand.

If that assumption is true, the MB & Devils may be real good news for ya.

I'm picking up the Devils later today. If the wind stays down long enough, I'll give 'em a go & post results. I wont have time for anything too scientific but I should be able to give you a first impression.

Greg.

Greg.

Well, Airsoft Armoury have them and they're wanting £23 for a bottle of 3000 0.36s and £28 for the 3000 0.40s. I wasn't expecting that price, gutted :(

When you divide the price into £ per 1000, that's not too bad a price. When my site operator was still able to get them, he was charging £11 for a bag of Digicon .36's, and £13 for a bag of Digicon .43's. Multiply those by three and you get £33/£39 respectively.

Fair enough, you'll have to factor in the cost of postage, but from my perspective the prices on those Blaster heavyweights are good.

Apart from some people barking on about them being slightly less consistent than SGM's,

Straight BBs have horrible inconsistencies in weight and size compared to SGM. It was confirmed numerous times in-game, off-game, by micrometering and weight checking. (See my tests in BB comparison)

Blaster .30 is OK for AEGs, but not consistent enough for sniper rifles. They're nothing special.

bb-teszt2-sm.jpg

What that table doesn't explain is why SGM's are so *suitcase* through my Tanaka's. According to that, they should be the best, and they're not - the Digicon .36's are.

Greg: My siteowner PM'd me saying he's got these in to try out. Let me know which one you find works the best, and I'll get some.

Ben.

What that table doesn't explain is why SGM's are so *suitcase* through my Tanaka's. According to that, they should be the best, and they're not - the Digicon .36's are.

Greg: My siteowner PM'd me saying he's got these in to try out. Let me know which one you find works the best, and I'll get some.

Ben.

Yeah, I think this sort of thing can't be taken out of context. A bb, is after all, just a bb. Add all the variables of a gun into the equation & the results can be surprising.

For some time I have thought that there is an optimum weight for each fps, ie: 300fps=.2, 328=.23, 400=.3 etc. You can see where I am going with this.

But I don't think it's that easy. Hop efficiency & barrel length & diameter will have their say. For instance, a perfectly spherical 6mm bb will behave differently in a 6.01, & a 6.08 barrel. No one (to my mind) has come up, with the 'perfect' gap, between the bb & barrel. Ie, 5.95mm bb: 6.03mm barrel?????? Does a 6mm bb in a 6,03 barrel, do the same as a 6.02mm bb in a 6.05mm barrel?????

Any how, I have the 3.6 & 4's.

It's still a little too windy to really prove anything, but I just took a few pot shots with two vsrs (497ish fps & 535ish fps).

Both of these guns have lalax 6.03 barrels & are capable of 8" groups @ 70m on a calm day with sgms.

With the .4's, 9 out of 10 shots hit a 12" square @ 70m. I have to say that was impressive as the wind was still up & I couldn't actually hit the target at all with sgms. :mellow: ( I did eventually, when there was a lul in the wind)

The .36's were ok, 7/10.

Unfortunately all this proves to me is that the bb's are ok, & the heavier bb's are less effected by the wind. No news there.

The other thing that was instantly obvious was the bb colour. Both the green .36 & tan .4's were much harder to track than a white/off white bb.

I know this is stating the obvious, but I had hoped that as the colours were relatively light shades it wouldn't make them too invisible. I personally like to see where my bb's go & neither of these bb's make that easy.

The Tan .4's were a little easier to see, but disappear when against a light brown, earth back ground. Fine against foliage.

The green .36's were as you've guessed, the opposite of the .4's. Either way, harder to see.

I would say, phone AA & get a bottle of the 4's before they sell out. Give 'em a try, it's only £30,,,,,,ish.

Even if they turn out to be plop in my gun, they may be great in yours.

They are definitely great wind beaters, & I'll be keeping them for windy days (like today) when I wouldn't normally snipe because an sgm won't even go straight for the M.E.D. I just wish they did them in white.

Greg.

Archived