USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is really cool, Joe!

CurlyBoy: I think a CIRAS would fit better as it has more adjusting options. The OTV fits more like a jacket, by the looks of it, and I would that it won't fit as well as other vests, such as the CIRAS. Well, the OTV has a lot of MOLLE space, so besides the looks, I don't think there are any advantages to it. It's probably just a "personal prefferance" thing, but for a Marine impression Id go with the OTV, for anything else, I'd go with the CIRAS. But that's just me :)

I've owned an OTV for a while now and I'm just plain getting tired of the lack of mobility. They're designed for urban areas/vehicular patrols whereas the CIRAS/SPC are more geared toward mobility and moving on foot. That's why the marines are still keeping the MTV but also moving to the SPC. In fact I'm so tired of the lack of mobility in my OTV I'm getting an MBSS next lol.

And Joe that ranks in the top 5 most badass gung ho tattoos I've ever seen.

That is really cool, Joe!

CurlyBoy: I think a CIRAS would fit better as it has more adjusting options. The OTV fits more like a jacket, by the looks of it, and I would that it won't fit as well as other vests, such as the CIRAS. Well, the OTV has a lot of MOLLE space, so besides the looks, I don't think there are any advantages to it. It's probably just a "personal prefferance" thing, but for a Marine impression Id go with the OTV, for anything else, I'd go with the CIRAS. But that's just me :)

Actually I love plate carriers like OTV's. I find it much easier to shoulder my weapon with. Unlike CIRAS type vest and those big thick shoulder straps. But hey, that's just me.

i like to think so. im no motard and i dont try and put it off on other people. its just how i feel.

-Joe

Joe, you should know we ( Shadow & Me ) are the types of Marines who make fun of the moto Marines. But it's all in love so don't worry about it ;-)

How can that be wrong? I have mags on both sides. :huh:

It's easier to pull mags from your non-firing hand, like Squeeze said. Your setup is typically for a left handed shooter, but to each his own.

Joe, you should know we ( Shadow & Me ) are the types of Marines who make fun of the moto Marines. But it's all in love so don't worry about it ;-)

I might make fun of moto Marines from time to time, but most of the ones I know I genuinely like.

Moto Marines are the most reliable Marines. Moto Jarheads just *fruitcage* things up, make gay jokes, and rely on their PFT score to get promoted then whine when they can't make Sergeant even with a 300 PFT. Haha.

I'm sure Joe falls in the Moto Marine category.

pic from a game this weekend, taken before we packed up and left, I didnt get any pics personally during the game, but there was a guy from the hosting team taking pics and video, so when he releases them, i'll post up some more :)

2009-12-27164314.jpg

enjoy :D

wow thanks count lol and squeeze :) I really appreciate those words, hehe makes it all the worth while, all the effort I put into the impression when I hear those words lol

I very much like the SDS otv, its really great lol, I almost ran my CIRAS for the game, but didnt have time to rig the pouches up in time lol

Archived