USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
then its a bad mistake.

and no KWP, definately not.

-Joe

Hmm, I am no expert, but to me the H&K IAR is like a top-of-the-art carbine that has all the M4's flaws ironed out plus has a slightly heavier and longer free-floating barrel and can shoot full auto if need be.

Hmm, I am no expert, but to me the H&K IAR is like a top-of-the-art carbine that has all the M4's flaws ironed out plus has a slightly heavier and longer free-floating barrel and can shoot full auto if need be.

And would cost the US Military A LOT to replace all the M4 carbines out there with a system that is marginally better at best. I cant think of a single moment in my life, where I've gone "Dang, I need a free float barrel on my Carbine length rifle" Because at 200 yards, hitting someone in the nose isnt good enough, we have to hit them in their left eye ;). There are a lot of things about the H&K that they use as selling points that are stupid overkill for a carbine length rifle, the Free Float barrel is one of them. It's a Carbine, designed for distances up close, Free Floats really shine at long ranges...

On top of that, H&K wants the US military to replace all of their magazines with H&K's version which fixes the magazine issues... unfortunately, the military isnt going to just up and drop the several billion STANAG mags to buy several billion of the H&K's design...

The 416 and IAR are over priced for what the military wants. Remember, the US Gov buys stuff from the lowest, but "quality" bidder, not because it's a supperior weapon system...

Joe, are you going to be in AZ the month of March?

Well, I finally got some good pictures made. They were taken by my sister who is a photographer on the side. Sorry if this is my first post, I've been lurking these forums for months just checking things out, and waiting for these pictures. I'm quite active on ASF and ASB if anyone is also on there.

As far as my gear goes, everything is issued except the vest along with the drop pouch, radio pouch, mag pouches, and hydro carrier

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6515.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

IMG_6544.jpg

IMG_6545.jpg

urpeace: yeah i will unless i get put on a surprise deployment ;)

but i agree. we need a real big improvement to warrant replacing our weapons. i understand the IAR, because it fills a role that we need. i dont agree with the magazines though, thats a waste of money. plus, Pmags are awesome.

nice pics dodcrazy

-Joe

And would cost the US Military A LOT to replace all the M4 carbines out there with a system that is marginally better at best. I cant think of a single moment in my life, where I've gone "Dang, I need a free float barrel on my Carbine length rifle" Because at 200 yards, hitting someone in the nose isnt good enough, we have to hit them in their left eye ;). There are a lot of things about the H&K that they use as selling points that are stupid overkill for a carbine length rifle, the Free Float barrel is one of them. It's a Carbine, designed for distances up close, Free Floats really shine at long ranges...

On top of that, H&K wants the US military to replace all of their magazines with H&K's version which fixes the magazine issues... unfortunately, the military isnt going to just up and drop the several billion STANAG mags to buy several billion of the H&K's design...

Well, how long does a STANAG mag live? I don't really know, but it seems likely that new mags are issued all the time, and that old gets scrapped. Changing all the mags would be hard, but phasing out the old could be doable, so that all troops have new mags in say a year or something. That said, they would probably be better of with Pmags if what the internets are telling me is true.

Archived