Has Anyone Tried This?

fr3sh

It's possibly a silly topic but yesterday I had the weird idea of supergluing two bb's together and firing them in my BAR-10. They surprisingly held up and were accurate at about 50 feet!

Unfortunately my gun's piston sear has now gone lol so I can't carry on my quest for a new type of projectile lol, but anyone else tried this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somewhere a Brummie's head has just exploded with inspiration.

Lol I completely agree I have to try this! Come on guys I have heard of .43s and I have heard of hop-up you dummies it was just a weird idea that I came up with so gimme a break lol I just thought It'd be interesting to see it didn't think it would be that stable in flight.

Who knows perhaps some airsoft BB manufacturer comes across this post and invents a new shaped projectile that goes further and doesn't require hop-up lol :P

Ooh certainly an interesting read.. I remember reading something a while back ago though..

p.s. angelmaker the tanio koba twist barrel for vsr is rifled but only works below 328fps if i remember correctly... now if only they made a bb like the one on airsoft canada that could be rifled at higher fps :o

I use cotton buds* in my maruzen shotgun to give the "slug shot" affect, unfortunatly they are far from stable, and it would be mean to shoot them at another player in game so they are far from really "airsoft" just a bit of a laugh.

*thats a "q-tip" to the yanks.

Oh ok, I thought it was rifled... rifled, spiralled.. potato potato (ok that expression doesn't work online lol), just messing spiralled hey - so could you care to enlighten me on why it doesn't work on higher fps? if that is indeed the case? lol

I use cotton buds* in my maruzen shotgun to give the "slug shot" affect, unfortunatly they are far from stable, and it would be mean to shoot them at another player in game so they are far from really "airsoft" just a bit of a laugh.

It would be helpful to shoot them at my brother's ear, he's got an unbelievable amount of ear wax! lol on a more serious note any idiots reading this don't shoot pellets or anything at anyone, let alone their ears..

It's presumed they don't work at high FPS, due to the air pressure not being enough to hold the BB away from the barrel wall. If a BB hit the spiraled barrel wall, it would start to bounce, and produce all manner of weird spin. The FPS it's said to work at, is just the right amount to keep the pressure around the BB, in a stable and consistent manner through it's barrel time. That's the theory anyway.

I'd imagine with 2 bbs glued together, the rear one will be buffered by the air cushion, and the front one will be happy to follow the grooves in the rifle and wobble about a bit. If it does that predictably, it could have a very interesting flight path.

just an idea for the 2 bbs glued 2gether how about dremmeling small grooves on the rear bb 2 act as a fletching does on an arrow! in thoery the longer bb should have quite a stable flight path especially if using a heavier one at the front! the main problem is imparting spin as has been mentioned! just wondered if adding angled grooves would help?

They were called Shark Fins or smthing. Anyhow, they were like super light weight 0.18g and thus a complete fail. Addition to that they were with such poor QC that it simply was made to FAIL.

RAP4 system still uses them I think somewhere.

B.

Archived