BEST AEG MP5

jond36

Anybody have good things to say about MP5s. It appears that there are so many new models coming out. I am particullarly intrested in Blow backs. Is the G&G and Toptech the same? They're different right. Also CYMA looks good. I just don't know what to get and they are all under $200 for the most part.

While the blow backs are cool I'd try and steer clear of them. They have just that many more moving parts, and thus that more things that can fail.

So just buy another cheap non-blowback clone like a Galaxy that way if your blowback model goes down you've got a back-up that uses the same mags.

I have several different makes of MP5, and the CYMA model 049 (the blowback version) is by far my favourite. Having taken it apart I can say that the blowback is really simple and doesnt offer many more parts to go wrong at all. I have found that the accuracy and consistancy of the shots to be very good indeed from the cyma, far outperforming all of my other guns. I have not seen the toptech model, so cant comment on that, but I am looking forward to buying my next mp5, which will be another cyma model, just not decided on the sd or k.

CA B&T's are in my opinion awful when there are better ones around.

I had aCA B&T MP5A2 for a year. I broke the stock, split the hand guard, sent the torch flying and scratched it to hell. The front build is awful due to no outer barrel (G&G/CYMA/Top Tech has one), and resulted in front wobble even though I tightened it every once a while. The hop unit was about the only good thing about it, even that after changing the bucking. The internals were typical medicore CA and the motor whiny and slow responding.

Yea, I'm being over dramatic. Still, wouldn't buy one again.

I've got a CA B&T MP5A5 model myself, I strongly regret not buying a CYMA over it. The first day of play the ambi selector fell off onto the forest floor never to be found again. The sliding stock has a bit of wobble to it, but that's more of an inherent design flaw than anything. As Abelius said, there is no outer barrel which sort of irked me, though my front set didn't wobble really. Stock performance leaves something to be desired too, hop is good but all my buddies JG's and other clones perform the same if not better. I later installed an SD kit on it, lost the tabs that keep the hand guards in place on the first fielding of it as they're so loose. Final straw was last week when I was running with the gun slung behind my back and the whole front end fell right off. I'll admit this was an error on my part as I didn't install a nut on one of the screws that secures the front end in place but it just set me over the edge to buy a new gun. For the price, the CYMA seems far superior being a G&G clone.

Cyma MP5 blowback is by far my most liked MP5.

Build quality is spot on.

I was going to get an ICS model and the deal went south. I am glad it did as shortly after I bought the CM 049 and have been incredibly pleased with it over all. I think at most it needs a new rubber and downgrading as its a bit hot.

Just to point out, he asked for AEG not gas blow back :)

Im in the same situation as you. I want an Mp5, it needs to be metal, and it must cost less than $200

ive asked so many times, read hundreds of reviews, and still cant decide. Eveyone seems to have a different opinion. Havin only held an ICS mp5a4, i found it a good weight but a small amount innacurate.

The best plan is probably just to chose maybe 2 or 3 design features, such as accuracy, range, reliabilty, ROF, and choose based on which ones match it. Personally, im just looking for a gun thats gonna last and maintain accuracy over time

Also, you need to consider the way you want it to look. SD, navy or standard? folding, J or solid stock? external features?

Cyma/G&G/Toptech isn't GBB, it's AEG with "blowback" (it's pretty rubbish, however). The CA's are complete rubbish.

ICS 100% - ICS are bringing out new versions of their MP5's with a split gearbox and stamped steel receiver, wait for it!

Why? The CYMA is a brilliant AEG, and ICS have a long history of making ICS-specific internals. Nae thanks.

Except the current ICS MP5s take normal parts, i can't think of anything in them that is specific (apart from the quick takedown body perhaps).

The stamped steel split gearbox MP5s should pwn everything though when they come out, hopefully they won't take too long to release it.....

Why? The CYMA is a brilliant AEG, and ICS have a long history of making ICS-specific internals. Nae thanks.

Cyma may be brilliant, but the only non-standard part (iirc) in the ICS M4 split-gearbox is the anti-reversal latch which allows the forward assist to actually function to release spring tension. I can't imagine the MP5 V2 split-gearbox (when it comes out) will be choked full of non-standard part. Total speculation on my part.

The G&G is the best ive seen yet, it has a really strong cocking bolt and its very satisfying to "HK slap it", the toptech is exactly the same gun with blowback and minus the impressive bolt. hence why i wont prefer the G&G. its the most rigid ive seen yet and ive worked on those CA and ICS, both of which have their good points and bad points. the CA has rubbish internals and its a bit bendy. the ICS is kinda shiney and looks a bit cheap imo. I also stripped a cyma MP5 the other day. it too was a little shiney for my liking but its a hell of a lot cheaper than the others. it could do with some tuneups though. :)

Cyma blowback is not rubbish. It gives a great sound and does move the gun. Its great fun. It has surprised everyone that has used it.

Adds a greater level of realism without the silly prices and costs of GBB.

Its a half way house, but its better than not having it fun wise.

While I have no experience with the "blowback" MP5"s I do have several other MP5's including TM, CA, and Systema and have played with nearly all other major brands offerings. By FAR the best MP5 I have ever owned or used is the Systema. While the price may seem to put it out of reach for many, if you were to buy a stock MP5 (TM for instance) then add upgrades and modifications to it, you will find you nearly spent the same amount. I bought mine when they first came out and have nothing but great things to say about it. Great rate of fire, very good range, accurate straight out of the box. In fact I find I use it more than my decked out PTW. The only negative I have would be the magazines, besides the low capacity mine gave me problems at first but have been ok since breaking in. I would highly recommend the Systema MP5 to anyone who is serious about airsoft.

While I have no experience with the "blowback" MP5"s I do have several other MP5's including TM, CA, and Systema and have played with nearly all other major brands offerings. By FAR the best MP5 I have ever owned or used is the Systema. While the price may seem to put it out of reach for many, if you were to buy a stock MP5 (TM for instance) then add upgrades and modifications to it, you will find you nearly spent the same amount. I bought mine when they first came out and have nothing but great things to say about it. Great rate of fire, very good range, accurate straight out of the box. In fact I find I use it more than my decked out PTW. The only negative I have would be the magazines, besides the low capacity mine gave me problems at first but have been ok since breaking in. I would highly recommend the Systema MP5 to anyone who is serious about airsoft.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!

No.

The cheapest I could find a MP5 PTW for was $995USD.

Now, let's see:

CYMA MP5 (CM049 series, metal body, improved hop-up unit and blowback): $103USD

Now, that comes with metal bushings, a 6.04mm tightbore as stock and a gearbox that is pretty damn smooth.

But let's say we really want to tune this thing into a beast. Ok. But I very, VERY much doubt you will spend $892USD worth on upgrades.

The CYMA doesn't need upgrades. It has a tightbore as stock, a very effective hop-up unit and the gearbox is as smooth as a TM. Perhaps you need to replace the spring with a 1J jobby to keep it good for CQB, but that's really about it.

And if you can't find a 1J spring for less than $892USD then I suggest you look again.

Shipping costs were not included - they would be the same for either gun, so that's a moot point.

Oh, and mags for the CYMA are a piece of ###### to find. The PTW mags are pricey, unreliable and harder to find.

Archived