http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T...515472968003644

Those are also on the way for me. Intend to have three complete BCG when skirmishing just in case...that's about 60 $ vorth of parts.

Anyway, got replacement nozzles, the AGM ones that they have on PX. They are NOT as the stock ones. THe plastic feels more sturdy, it is far less "see trough" than the stock ones and are more yellowish. Will post a picture when I goet back from work.

Now with the replacement of the nozzle my AGM mag works fine, but the GHK isn't feeling so good. when i push it by hand a bit more the cycling is ok, but when it just sit's in it's place , the cycling is sluggish. Damn.

Edited by mutikasha
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking getting one of these AGM rifles. I know for sure I would want to get the RA-Tech NPAS so I could actually skirmish the thing. I would also like to solve the double feeding problem, which the only way I could see taking it away is buying the complete RA-Tech barrel and hopup set. Is there any more price effective way of doing so? The complete set is kinda $120... I was also thinking of getting the complete RA-Tech NPAS with the plastic nozzle. Do these pose any problems being installed? And I also have in my list the reinforced bolt catch.

I am still using the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle in my gun. I have put through about 3000 rounds through it using duster gas. The only wear on it came from hitting the valve lock on the magazine.

IMO duster gas is the way to go for durability. Its up to the user to do modifications on part #4 and the flute valve to improve power efficiency.

We only have more and less powerful variations of green in Croatia, and it is getting cold...15C....so duster is a no go.

Theoretically with this cheap nozzles, if one were to superglue part 1 and 2in addition of using the pins, and then relieve the stress to the back of part 2 the thing should work. But there is no more disassembly then, but with 8$ worth of nozzle...

Searched the topic, haven't quite been able to come up with a definitive answer. I've got the 061 version, has the actual distance between the front sight and barrel nut been figured out in terms of which types of hand guard will fit? Purely because I can't find the actual AGM RIS in stock anywhere, I'd just like to fit a bog standard KAC style rail unit but I've no idea if other brands will go on there. Would changing the outer barrel likely effect this?

I went to a store in Taipei today and the staff told me something EXTREMELY strange- G&P outer barrels/complete front ends dont fit? What is this!?

As long as you get a barrel nut that's meant to be used with thin-collared barrels then you should be good to go.

The reason I think that the shop told you no is because the AGM barrel nut is meant for thick-collared barrels instead.

Anyways, I got my RA-Tech NPAS BCG and it looks good. I'm heading over to Home Depot to get some O-rings and I'll post up how it works out. I might go to a dusk game tonight...

-Luis

Skirmished the AGM for the first time this weekend and I really liked it. Expended about 300 to 400 rounds, no miss feeds. Dribblers present as my GP rubber is still in transit. The replacement AGM nozzle is still in one piece, and proven to be far more durable than the one that came with the gun.

Issues observed - while the AGM standard mag worked flawlessly, the GHK on had some troubles. It worked well when i adaed some presure on it pusking it into the reciever whilst firing. Shoulden't these things have the rubber a bit higher than the AGM ones? Have to inspect the nozzle a bit more, maybe some part of the magazine is pushing it up a bit. Anyway, the greatest problem with the gun is it's hop which I plan to remedy with the GP rubber. Now it is precise up to 30 meters, pass that the bb's go left to right as they pleese.

I meaqsured up a couple of GHK mags before, height from top of the mag catch cut out to various points on those mags (top face of seal and BB feed) was identical to the AGM mag on those ones.

course that depends on all GHK mag shells having the hole thats drilled thru them in an identical spot every time. If it isnt then thats going to affect placement of the internals relative to the outer shell, and its the outer shell mag-catch cut out that dictates how high the mag internals should sit under the bolt carrier and nozzle.

If that hole in the shell for the thru pin was to end up 0.2mm lower than it should be the mag internals are going to sit 0.2mm lower, if the hole was 0.4mm higher than it should be mag internals will be 0.4mm higher than they should be

thats before you even get to mag catch cut out hole itself (aain would cause positioning problems) and even worn mag catches that allow mags to rest lower than they should in the magwell.

Edited by snorkelman
luis21, could you please clarify what you mean when you say thick/thin collared? So a G&P delta ring would fit a 5ku barrel?

Sure.

If it's thick collared then it has a bigger base where it attaches to the upper receiver. AGM and the WA have this kind of barrel.

If it's thin collared then the bse is way thinner and the barrel nut has more threads. G&P, Inokatsu, JM, JG, and the 5KU barrels are thin collared. This is the same way on real AR-15s so if your upper receiver is mil-spec threaded then you can use a real barrel nut.

And yes, a G&P delta ring should fit a 5KU barrel.

At any given time you can also use spacers to get the best barrel nut to barrel match too.

-Luis

the JG has a thick shoulder not a thin one

only AGM with thick shoulder are 061 and 062 (AGM 063 064 have thin shoulder)

nobody's confirmed the JM yet one way or the other

you can use spacers with thin shouldered barrels to let them work with thick shouldrered barrel nuts, but not the other way around

Edited by snorkelman
the JG has a thick shoulder not a thin one

only AGM with thick shoulder are 061 and 062 (AGM 063 064 have thin shoulder)

nobody's confirmed the JM yet one way or the other

you can use spacers with thin shouldered barrels to let them work with thick shouldrered barrel nuts, but not the other way around

Thanks for clarifying, I messed up with some.

Anyways, I just tested the $14 hop-up chamber that's a copy of the PGC. One word, it's nice.

Well worth the money and more.

Eliminates BBs rolling out the barrel and there were no feeding issues.

I tested w/ .2g BBs and they were accurate. Can't wait to see what .28g BBs can do.

-Luis

Little question:

The AGM barrel nut will fit in G&P metal body with 5ku metal barrel?

AGM Internals will fit in G&P metal body?

Thanks

Only use the AGM barrel nut if you absolutely have to - in this case you can use it along with spacers as the 5ku barrel is the thin shouldered type, but you'ld be better off with a real steel or G&P barrel nut. Not only will you avoid the need for spacers but the nut itself will have much better threads.

to fit AGM internals in a G&P receiver you'll also need:

a G&P or real steel compatible buffer tube and the nut that's used to tighten it against the receiver - the AGM buffer tube has its own unique threads and wont fit

a G&P Prime or cheap chinese 'barrel extension' thats the part that fits around the hop unit and goes into the frotn of the upper receiver along with it. On the AGM that part is moulded into the upper receiver and cant be removed for fitting into the G&P

if you're buying a G&P receiver new then it'll come with the two take down pins, if you're buying a G&P receiver secondhand (eg someones upgraded theres to a prime MBK) then check and confirm wether the pins are being supplied with it. The AGM front pivot pin is narrower than the G&P one and cant be used on the G&P (unless you want a LOT of wobble between upper and lower)

Only use the AGM barrel nut if you absolutely have to - in this case you can use it along with spacers as the 5ku barrel is the thin shouldered type, but you'ld be better off with a real steel or G&P barrel nut. Not only will you avoid the need for spacers but the nut itself will have much better threads.

to fit AGM internals in a G&P receiver you'll also need:

a G&P or real steel compatible buffer tube and the nut that's used to tighten it against the receiver - the AGM buffer tube has its own unique threads and wont fit

a G&P Prime or cheap chinese 'barrel extension' thats the part that fits around the hop unit and goes into the frotn of the upper receiver along with it. On the AGM that part is moulded into the upper receiver and cant be removed for fitting into the G&P

if you're buying a G&P receiver new then it'll come with the two take down pins, if you're buying a G&P receiver secondhand (eg someones upgraded theres to a prime MBK) then check and confirm wether the pins are being supplied with it. The AGM front pivot pin is narrower than the G&P one and cant be used on the G&P (unless you want a LOT of wobble between upper and lower)

Thanks for the reply.

For the buffer tube and the barrel extension no problem, because I've buyed the G&P Multipurpose stock complete with the buffer tube and the G&P complete Hop-up unit complete with inner 6.08 barrel.

The threading of the nut for the barrel is the same right?

Thanks

threading is close enough to fit but the AGM nuts arent all that great - they're a lot more prone to jumping the threads than a RS or G&P nut with better defined threads.

Thanks, I've heard about the AGM magazine catch requires some filling to fit G&P receiver, did you confirm?

Thanks for clarifying, I messed up with some.

Anyways, I just tested the $14 hop-up chamber that's a copy of the PGC. One word, it's nice.

Well worth the money and more.

Eliminates BBs rolling out the barrel and there were no feeding issues.

I tested w/ .2g BBs and they were accurate. Can't wait to see what .28g BBs can do.

-Luis

hey luis can we get a link to that hop-up when you get a moment , that is for aeg barrels correct?

Thanks, I've heard about the AGM magazine catch requires some filling to fit G&P receiver, did you confirm?

hole in the lower receiver for the G&P mag catch rod to pass thru needs opened up on the AGM receiver, so there'll be no need to alter that on the G&P when fitting the slightly narrower AGM rod thru it.

G&P and Inokatsu mag catch buttons are slightly wobbly when fitted in an AGM receiver so the AGM button may well be a little tight when fitted in a G&P lower. Difference between all the different buttons is only 0.2mm so not much alteration neccessary there if it is too tight a fit

same goes for the actual mag catch part of the assembly - measurements on all of them are within 0.2mm

any minor mods you do need to make, do them to the catch and button not to the G&P receiver :)

hole in the lower receiver for the G&P mag catch rod to pass thru needs opened up on the AGM receiver, so there'll be no need to alter that on the G&P when fitting the slightly narrower AGM rod thru it.

G&P and Inokatsu mag catch buttons are slightly wobbly when fitted in an AGM receiver so the AGM button may well be a little tight when fitted in a G&P lower. Difference between all the different buttons is only 0.2mm so not much alteration neccessary there if it is too tight a fit

same goes for the actual mag catch part of the assembly - measurements on all of them are within 0.2mm

any minor mods you do need to make, do them to the catch and button not to the G&P receiver :)

Absolutly.

What do you think about the G&P 6.08 inner barrel with G&P Hop-up Unit (68 dollars) and RA-Tech Red bucking (5 dollars)?

If I install a 6.03 or a 6.01 precision barrel (CQB length) I have a dream gun?

You think if that receiver plus the complete NPAS Alu group Ra-Tech will handle the CO2 when it will be released?

It's a big price to fix and upgrade it (about 700 euros), but I want a definitive GBB-R.

Thank you very much.

luis, what type of bucking does the PCG copy use?

and has anyone got any info on the CA receiver?

-does it have the barrel extension?

-same threading as AGM front-set?

-seems to be real steal threading on the buffer tube... confirmation? (gunner says AGM won't fit and recommends a chinese copy.. a real steal copy?)

Hey guys, bit of an update with my gun the 062 ris version, it's gone through 2000 - ish rounds... the bcg is still going strong, the charging handle hasnt snapped of yet... altho the bolt stop ping pong paddle has snapped off, so am using the one from my 061... Did some work with the original hop up chamber, cleaned it, added some teflon tape now the bb's can go up to 70 meters before dipping down

the 061 is now officially a sparepart gun :P thinking about stripping the body, anodizing it and get some trademarks engraved on it, I'll let you guys know how it turns out

got 2 bomber mag no leaks, no misfeeds, Decided to do some seal tape work on the 062 magazin, was surprised to see that it was different from the 061... the little o-ring that kept getting loose on the 061 mag was not present, and the place where the o-ring was, on the 062 mag the part was different, more of a dome shape...

my gun :D

M4RISpimped.jpg

M4RISpimped2.jpg