WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

Did I miss a max range test somewhere in the past pages?

Is the pistol grip the same as RS grips (i.e. can I toss a MIAD on it)?

Anyone with an ARES EGLM get it to fit?

1. IDK

2. Yes. Someone on GGI has an RS M4 grip on his.

3. I'm not sure, but the same guy on GGI, jaker, I believe has an EGLM on his

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DamnLion, mine is also cracked all the way down the side.

BrooklynBorn, remove one of the selector switches. Be careful not to lose the ball bearings or the springs that fall out. Make sure the hammer is cocked and gently wiggle and turn the selector out of the lower receiver. Then remove the screw inside the lower receiver holding the trigger unit in and on the right side near the mag release is a screw that also needs to be taken out. You can then carefully wiggle the trigger unit up and out of the lower receiver.

The gun needs some real world testing under a proper test plan and not a staged pop video context.

I will buy a WE SCAR but not until all the niggles have been properly identified, processed, fixed and improvements reflected in production rifles and spare parts.

I will happily take a SCAR for testing purposes for a fixed period and then buy the new improved rifle. I'll bet there are many here who would enter into such an agreement. This is called 'User acceptance Testing' where users are let loose on a system that has only so far been subject to clinical controlled testing by designers.

Testing should take place in different climates to take into account any environmental factors. For example in Summaer the UK/ Northern Europe we get wet and warm weather. In the middle east it's baking hot and in other parts such as south america its wet and humid.

If WE allocated just 30 rifles to this, it would pay off far better than a handful of local engineers. Users/ Operators do the most unexpected of things that engineers will not likely do under clinical conditions. I think the financial benefit of this approach will provide a huge payback as opposed to the mounting negative press the rifle is getting here.

WETTI- I volunteer!

The gun needs some real world testing under a proper test plan and not a staged pop video context.

I will buy a WE SCAR but not until all the niggles have been properly identified, processed, fixed and improvements reflected in production rifles and spare parts.

I will happily take a SCAR for testing purposes for a fixed period and then buy the new improved rifle. I'll bet there are many here who would enter into such an agreement. This is called 'User acceptance Testing' where users are let loose on a system that has only so far been subject to clinical controlled testing by designers.

Testing should take place in different climates to take into account any environmental factors. For example in Summaer the UK/ Northern Europe we get wet and warm weather. In the middle east it's baking hot and in other parts such as south america its wet and humid.

If WE allocated just 30 rifles to this, it would pay off far better than a handful of local engineers. Users/ Operators do the most unexpected of things that engineers will not likely do under clinical conditions. I think the financial benefit of this approach will provide a huge payback as opposed to the mounting negative press the rifle is getting here.

WETTI- I volunteer!

This is essentially happening only we paid for the rifle first

This is essentially happening only we paid for the rifle first

No it is not happening right now unless you of course you have:

- A formal test plan agreed with WE including detailed after action reports

- Specified and documented operator and environmental conditions

- A formal direct (voice and e-mail) communications channel to WE and WETTI

- A free flow of ammunition and spare parts

- A non-disclosure agreement so that any negative outputs/reports/results are not spilled onto public forums

The above is a non-exhaustive list. Having people make a consumer purchase only to find numerous flaws resulting in a mixture of speculation on breakage causes, possible fixes, variations on fixes, complaints and criticisms within uncontrolled conditions is not any test plan or regime I or anyone else for that matter might recognise.

What's happening here is bad publicity and is putting a lot of people off.

I'd also add that I'll bet that 100% of people here who bought a WE SCAR did not expect to be testers.

being a first generation buyer will always result in some kinks in the system because unexpected problems will always surface that a producer can not predict or accurately test for. (not saying these are or are not unavoidable problems that the we scar is having)

However this does not mean that accurate testing must be skimped upon at the cost of potential customers.

Just contacted Evike today, was told the black version will not come with the "reinforced stock" and that part will not be avalable till next week. They do not know when they will start carrying other spare parts, that are failing. As a NCO in the US Army, I would have real trouble suggesting this to any counterpart as a viable military/law enforcement grade training system. Some fairly major factory defects, without an official plan from the company and negitive spare parts/support available from a US distributor.

Disapointed

Special K

Hmmmm, I sure am glad I held off on buying one of these, Despite these small issues it still seems like a very nice piece of kit. I mean dose anyone regret their purchase?

Nope.

Edit: Evike emailed me back saying that they don't actually have any trigger parts. This is contrary to what I was told by EvikeGuy on asr. I'm not liking this.

First external failure; slammed the folding stock closed too hard, then broke off the locking tab for the folding section. Have to buy a VFC one :(, but right now held by electrical tape. Will buy an extra VFC folding hinge to see if they're interchangeable. If they are, then great news - WE parts are interchangeable with the VFC.

Guess what BravoCompanyUSA brought in today? XD

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

MIAD fits PERFECTLY, though you have to use the stock screw - the Magpul one is too wide.

IMG_0887.jpg

PMAG is too long, but as expected - need to cut off the upper feed stoppers.

<3 Magpul.

There's actually PMAGs for GBBRs and it fits the WE SCAR? I haven't been following the progression of GBBR's before the WE SCAR so I wouldn't know. But that's awesome.

I think the financial benefit of this approach will provide a huge payback as opposed to the mounting negative press the rifle is getting here.

WETTI- I volunteer!

Nothing's gone wrong with my rifle so far except the little crack from last week which doesn't really seem to be getting worse... I am content therefore I don't post complaints. Also I was fully aware of compromises since these are the first batches but so far there are way less of these 'compromises' than I had prepared for.

I just got that plate in today. I agree, I don't think its reinforced but just an identical spare.

2009-07-271357.jpg

As a NCO in the US Army, I would have real trouble suggesting this to any counterpart as a viable military/law enforcement grade training system. Some fairly major factory defects, without an official plan from the company and negitive spare parts/support available from a US distributor.

Disapointed

Special K

IMO, I agree this would definitely not fit in as a military training device. Maybe the WE M4 was a good fit I don't know but this WE SCAR definitely is not and I say this only because the thing is not meant to be treated roughly. If I had the intent, I'm pretty sure I can break this thing in two if I wanted to. I'm not saying its cheap, it just doesn' t seem nearly good enough for rough military/law-enforcement type of abuse... pretty much the same for most airsoft guns. So if WE actually had plans to put this into the Training Weapons catergory, I think they failed. If they just wanted it to be an airsoft rifle airsofters can have fun with, they win. I think the WE M4 was a better training equipment.

It has only been out for a few weeks, so honestly it's a bit too hasty to decide that. If WETTI puts as much effort into this as they did the WE M4 and fixed the issues addressed by the airsoft community, this gun has the ability to fulfill that role in the future.

Sorry, they're real steel PMAG's. I'll be attempting to do a mag conversion with them in the future. I know it's been discussed before but I'll try as hard as I can.

I just thought I'd put in my two cents. I got my SCAR on Friday and was really looking forward to breaking it in this weekend. With all the talk of breaking stocks I decided to reinforce with a bit of foam rubber between the recoil spring and the stock plate.

I started shooting with green gas and really liked the kick but noticed that 2 out of 3 rounds hooked to the right and that I had no real effect with the hop-up. I broke down my SCAR and swabbed the barrel. There was a lot of gunk so I figured this was causing the right hook but as I played with the hop-up I noticed that nothing happened. I turned the knob but nothing happened. It really seems that the nub (or whatever WETTI has) wasn't installed and I've still got rounds hooking to the right.

I just thought I'd put in my two cents. I got my SCAR on Friday and was really looking forward to breaking it in this weekend. With all the talk of breaking stocks I decided to reinforce with a bit of foam rubber between the recoil spring and the stock plate.

I started shooting with green gas and really liked the kick but noticed that 2 out of 3 rounds hooked to the right and that I had no real effect with the hop-up. I broke down my SCAR and swabbed the barrel. There was a lot of gunk so I figured this was causing the right hook but as I played with the hop-up I noticed that nothing happened. I turned the knob but nothing happened. It really seems that the nub (or whatever WETTI has) wasn't installed and I've still got rounds hooking to the right.

I have that exact same hop-up problem, and I'm trying to get a how-to for taking the hop-up apart so I can get in there and fix the dang thing. I think maybe the nub is stuck up inside there, so I'm gonna tear into it and find out. As soon as some one helps me out and tells me how to get it apart :rolleyes:

I have that exact same hop-up problem, and I'm trying to get a how-to for taking the hop-up apart so I can get in there and fix the dang thing. I think maybe the nub is stuck up inside there, so I'm gonna tear into it and find out. As soon as some one helps me out and tells me how to get it apart :rolleyes:

the rubber hop up sticks out by design, even without pressure applied from the bearing. its like a camel toe when the hop up is turned off.

it just spreads out the v when you dial + hop. you will always see the v nub even with the hop up off.

i would take extra care, i almost lost my bearing when i took it apart. but its nice to have two spares from the fire selector switch.

make sure the vnub is centered perfectly into the hole.

The "nub" is a ball bearing which applies pressure to the hop up rubber. The way they have designed the hop up really does not leave much room for adjusting. The default position is already applying too much hop up even without any additional pressure.

Reportedly there is an aftermarket hop up in development. We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime my hop up works fine when oily. When its dry they shoot for the stars.

Edit: ^ you beat me to it.

Archived