WORLD PREMIERE - WETTI/AFC version WE AWSS SCAR

WETTI

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now if I'm the first person to click onto this I should get a pat on the back but...

The SCAR and the M16 use the same mags, and we know WE are going to be doing an M14 and a SCAR-H, perhaps they will both use the same mags and thus come out roughly the same time?

Cross-compatibility would make the WE system an absolute winner.

Now if I'm the first person to click onto this I should get a pat on the back but...

The SCAR and the M16 use the same mags, and we know WE are going to be doing an M14 and a SCAR-H, perhaps they will both use the same mags and thus come out roughly the same time?

Cross-compatibility would make the WE system an absolute winner.

doubt it about he Scar-h, and M14 mags being the same, nothing a like. Ive heard something about an Sr-25 type gun somewhere, so if i had to guess they would make the Scar-H use Sr-25 mags( which i honestly think would suck)

doubt it about he Scar-h, and M14 mags being the same, nothing a like. Ive heard something about an Sr-25 type gun somewhere, so if i had to guess they would make the Scar-H use Sr-25 mags( which i honestly think would suck)

What is to stop them changing the shell between the SR25/SCAR H and HK417? The size of the mag is simlar, it's just the outside that is different.

What is to stop them changing the shell between the SR25/SCAR H and HK417? The size of the mag is simlar, it's just the outside that is different.

Nothing wrong with changing the outside( that makes sense),but i was talking about making Scar-h mags being compatible with Sr-25( as Sr-25 mags are closer to Scar-H mags then M14),i.e being able to put Scar-H mags in SR-25 and vice versa. which i think would suck because they aren't compatible in RS.

well anyway, I received mine today. I bought the C02 version pre-order with evike.

I may post a review soon, but here's the initial thoughts:

no FNH trademarks present, although the serial number is.

the upper receiver has an odd sheen, actually looks better in natural light.

feels absolutely rock solid. everything feels comfortable and somewhat familiar

C02 mag -- 90 shots on one 12g C02 cartridge.

hop-up is definitely not great stock for .2's

recoil is surprisingly close to that felt on a stock Sun Project M16, IMO.

really intuitive dissassemble procedure.

so, its basically a two thumbs up, I'm pleased and cant wait to skirmish with it.

WOW - thats impressive! I'm getting 60 shots per CO2 bulb on my M16. Is yours a high or low flow valve?

I'm not sure.. how can I check?

the cooldown was still slightly more noticeable on automatic than I expected,

but I never fire more than 3 or 4 bbs in succession anyway, so I'm still terrifically happy.

Yea I was meaning to write that you could feel it too, but thought it would be hard to understand if it was someone who has never used the cartridge before.

Even though it would be very impractical, has anyone tried a Magpul Ranger plate with the co2 magazine?

I bought a pack of PTS Ranger plates and they fit my C02 mags just fine. They are easier to remove in the field with gloves on, and you get some protection if your mag falls out and hits a rock--what's impractical about them? You just have to keep something else handy to remove the plug.

I'm not sure how the RS Ranger plate works, but the PTS version is all one piece. Just pop it off like you would do with the stock floorplate.

You will want to bend the lips of the mag very slightly to get a snug fit. A few light taps with the base of a screwdriver was all it took.

I bought a pack of PTS Ranger plates and they fit my C02 mags just fine. They are easier to remove in the field with gloves on, and you get some protection if your mag falls out and hits a rock--what's impractical about them? You just have to keep something else handy to remove the plug.

Thats good to hear - thanks. The original base plates are not the best for screwing the plug on/off anyway I find. Would be good to fashion something with a T-handle to do the job and just wear it around the neck on a lanyard!

Don't know how you can tell other than chrono results. Mine came with a high flow valve but I'm going to get one of those adjustable valves. I'm assuming lower fps equals slower CO2 consumption.

I believe that more CO2 Gas gets wasted in order to keep FPS down- i.e. less gas is used to propel the BB but the same amount of gas is expelled from the mag in any case. The hammer still hits the mag gas release valve with same force and speed. The variable valve in the bold carrier assembly has no impact on the magazine valve.

Are you sure? I don't have personal experience with the WE system but on my GBBs the hammer stays down on the firing pin until the slide (in this case the bolt) comes back to lift it. Diverting gas towards the blowback rather than the BB would in theory cause the hammer and firing pin to be lifted from the valve sooner. Right?

Are you sure? I don't have personal experience with the WE system but on my GBBs the hammer stays down on the firing pin until the slide (in this case the bolt) comes back to lift it. Diverting gas towards the blowback rather than the BB would in theory cause the hammer and firing pin to be lifted from the valve sooner. Right?

What you say seems to make more sense- I'm possibly talking poo!

In any case I got my TS-Custom variable guide/rod but don't know how to fit the valve nozzle on it. Anyone have an installation guide?

Cheers

Tony

What you say seems to make more sense- I'm possibly talking poo!

In any case I got my TS-Custom variable guide/rod but don't know how to fit the valve nozzle on it. Anyone have an installation guide?

Cheers

Tony

Well I don't know for sure either. They only way to really tell would be to adjust the system and perform tests to see if there is a difference in gas economy.

Archived