AR15 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of net do you use to get that effect?

Some old gym bag I had, nothing special, it was just laying around so I cut it to lay flat.

What was the original idea behind it mate? Meant to be a full on L119 or just fancied a couple of the parts?

Its supposed to be a full on L119 & I have the rest of the parts on another lower (not 100% finished yet, it still needs the CAR stock and a lipo buffer tube), but I burned out the contacts on it. That lower will get a similar paint job once I get it back from my friend who is doing the work. So really its a work in progress.

I'm thinking about using a CTR stock instead of the CAR stock though...

magnification optics on airsoft guns fail hard, I would recommend an aimpoint micro because they are so light.

I don't understand why a Barska Euro-30 would be fail on an airsoft gun replica. If you don't know already, the Euro-30 has a 1.25-4x magnification; 1.25x is fine to engage target close and you still have the option to increase the magnification to scout or engage targets at further ranges.

With an Aimpoint Micro & 3x AP Magnifier, the total weight is about 18.7 oz while with a Barska Euro-30 on a LaRue replica mount, it is 21.7oz. Difference is just 1/4 of a can of soda. I understand ounces equals pounds, pounds equal pain but I believe an extra 3 ounces is worth not having the hassle of flipping/attaching the magnifier behind the Aimpoint but instead just turning a power ring.

Azn, I think the Barska Euro-30 LaRue Mount combo would look nice. You don't see that combo often.

Now if you could find/make a Cat Tail that would be an awesome combo especially if your replica will have range.

Edited by Reincarnation...
I don't understand why a Barska Euro-30 would be fail on an airsoft gun replica. If you don't know already, the Euro-30 has a 1.25-4x magnification; 1.25x is fine to engage target close and you still have the option to increase the magnification to scout or engage targets at further ranges.

With an Aimpoint Micro & 3x AP Magnifier, the total weight is about 18.7 oz while with a Barska Euro-30 on a LaRue replica mount, it is 21.7oz. Difference is just 1/4 of a can of soda. I understand ounces equals pounds, pounds equal pain but I believe an extra 3 ounces is worth not having the hassle of flipping/attaching the magnifier behind the Aimpoint but instead just turning a power ring.

Azn, I think the Barska Euro-30 LaRue Mount combo would look nice. You don't see that combo often.

Now if you could find/make a Cat Tail that would be an awesome combo especially if your replica will have range.

Yar, exactly why I'm getting the Barska - it has a very good range of magnification switching. Though the size does turn me off (isn't viewing diameter of the scope 25-30mm?), otherwise it'll look great.

A Cat Tail? Is there one made for the Barska scope, or is it universal?

EDIT: Seems expensive for a $70 metal ring XD. I might just get a friend to machine one for me.

Edited by aznriptide859

Here's my contribution to this fine thread.

725066462_HAh2d-L.jpg

Ala-Major.Pain

725067953_GdaEB-XL.jpg

725066554_HCzuT-L.jpg

I don't know what generation the PTW M4 variant is at now. Mine is the first of the MAX generation with an upgraded 6.04 barrel. Her 3-round burst mode has found many a good target. She's proven herself very durable and faithful throughout the three some odd years I've had her.

She's still my main battle rifle (with the SPR as a distant secondary) to this date.

Edited by sgtHanzo
A Cat Tail? Is there one made for the Barska scope, or is it universal?

EDIT: Seems expensive for a $70 metal ring XD. I might just get a friend to machine one for me.

Not to my knowledge. Agreed, $70 for metal ring is a bit much. Thank goodness for friends with machining gear :D

My primary and only replica, which I haven't finish building, has 7.5" barrel. Really no need for magnification with such a short barrel, so right now I plan on running with an Aimpoint Micro.

If I ever decide that I need some magnification with the maximum range of my replica, I know I will pick up an adjustable magnification optic for sure. I believe something 1-4x is enough to cover all the range for airsoft.

I don't believe I have ever purchase a magnified optic with a set power; my first powered optic was from Mojji and that was way too much with a 3-9x even though I only used 3x to engage and the 6x to scout ahead.

I'll probably grab a Millett DM Scope with the "donut-dot reticle" if I ever decide I want a scope for a replica. Probably either made my own Cat Tail or give in and purchase a $70 Cat Tail.

One of my buddies has a Cat Tail on his Millett DMS and it really helps him adjust the power ring especially when he has gloves on. Not only does it give you more leverage and material to manipulate, it provides a "head up" indicator of what magnification you are at depend on the location of the tail.