VFC'S SCAR GBB

pjcat1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point I was making is that they've done gas before, not whether if it was a brilliant success or not. Yes, the first batch of those were huge pretty paperweights with a ton of issues but the second batch had addressed the issues to some degree. Hopefully the lessons learned in the M82 are applied to ensure that the same mess would not reoccur. If you have concerns or don't want to deal with possible issues with the first/initial batch, just don't buy the first batch and take a wait and see stance then.

• 2 months later...
Looks cool but was it me or perhaps the bad video quality but did the bolt group look like its got a lot of wear on it? Around the 2:50 mark during the video.

you will probably find that the model they show there would've been tested quite thoroughly, knowing VFC.

I love it how the upper receiver is the PROPER DAMN COLOR! none of this "Pimp greeny-gold" *suitcase* you get from WE, Dboys etc.. its actually TAN

Now, I know it'd be a pain in the *albatross* to record a video in different languages, but if they're not gonna say anything they could have just put up a video of the disassembly and firing part instead of 2 minutes of looking at a gun. That could have been done with 4 or 5 pictures.

On the plus side, looks like it's running WA style mags. 50 rounds, less leaks and no pointless little brass bit in the chamber.

I agree why film it doing nothing pictures will do on the website

i tried WA, AGM, G&P and WE

cant wait for VFC they know what they are doing and knowing them it should be skirmishable out of the box with no parts needed

Also why have a vert grip if your not gonna use it ?

Love it! (I won't buy it sadly, because Scars aren't my cuppa tea and neither are GIM guns even if they look cool) The correct BCG (without that stinky brass cylinder thing and extra long nozzle that the WE has) and correct length of bolt travel make this thing awesome for me.....

I love it how the upper receiver is the PROPER DAMN COLOR! none of this "Pimp greeny-gold" *suitcase* you get from WE, Dboys etc.. its actually TAN

*immediately checks my WE* Hahah you're right. Its a kinda pink compared to this VFC. Oh well.... pink SCAR FTW! :P

It looks like the ROF is WAY faster and the bolt locks back alot farther than my WE:

Untitled-5-1.jpg

DSCN1491-1.jpg

Looks like a fine weapon, although I personally would wait for the reviews to give the final verdict.

If this turns out to be good AND shares WA-style magazines, I just might get my hands on one. I've been thinking about replacing my three AEGs with GBB equivalents (keeping the AEGs as a backup option). Let's hope that it's reasonably priced.

Sorry if someone else already mentioned this but for such a high end brand, I was hoping VFC would use the version of the SCAR that United States SOCOM and Army Rangers are using. You see, they're so used to their M4s and M16s, that going to a different selector would just be too difficult, so FN redesigned their selector.

Link to "I am being issued a S.C.A.R." thread

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&...=2&t=280622

Picture:

scarselector.jpg

BTW, it's slightly longer on the pictured side than the reverse side.

As for the color of the upper:

scarlcqc.jpg

It appears that there a quite a few versions of the selector switch out there. The VFC release matches what's posted on the FNH website for what that's worth.

The various colours of the weapon will vary based on what sort of light it was shot under, and any post processing of the images. If you look at these photos the colours seem very off key, but this is the real deal.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25067

As long as it doesn't take them 5 years to release this I'll be happy!

• 4 weeks later...
It appears that there a quite a few versions of the selector switch out there. The VFC release matches what's posted on the FNH website for what that's worth.

The various colours of the weapon will vary based on what sort of light it was shot under, and any post processing of the images. If you look at these photos the colours seem very off key, but this is the real deal.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25067

As long as it doesn't take them 5 years to release this I'll be happy!

These pics show that the WE is very very close to the real steel colour if not near identical!

Archived