VFC'S SCAR GBB

pjcat1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this is true, than what GEN SCAR was pictured in the link on the last page. I was an issue SCAR so that leads me to beleive it is a GEN IV but it have the M4 style selector setup.

EDIT: The link I mentioned: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&...0622&page=1

woops I had it the other way around yea the next gen scar was expected to have a M4 type selector. once again the revision would most likely be a lead off into a MOD 1

Those guys at VFC are pretty sneaky.....It looks like the main picture on their poster is not a airsoft at all. It is actually a picture off FNH's website. This would explain the errors in their design, they based it on the civilian version.

LINK: http://www.fnhusa.com/mil/products/firearm...amp;mid=FNM0108

A few things that are different between the pictures, barrel length and stock position. Both of these things could be easialy adjusted in photoshop. The color of the two pictures was quite different, however.

EDIT: Realized I should probably mention I Have know way to know if this is true; I was looking for info on the SCAR and came accross FNH's webste and realized the picture looked familiar. I am just calling as I see it.

Here's the photo from the FH website.

FNM0110mb.png

If you select the CQC version you get the right barrel length. So basically the only thing different is the butt stock position.

Also, I don't think this is a civilian version. First, you said it came from the FNH USA site. Full-auto on a civilian version? I don't think so. Another thing is that the AAC flash hider definitely means it's not a civilian model

ahhh im soo confused soon theres going to be a SCAR spotters guide and a degree on it too :P i soo want one now but the mags are too low capacity and expensive on WE guess people like me will have to wait until the chinese start doing their thing before i can get on the GBB rifle waggon :( lifes a b*tch eh

ahhh im soo confused soon theres going to be a SCAR spotters guide and a degree on it too :P i soo want one now but the mags are too low capacity and expensive on WE guess people like me will have to wait until the chinese start doing their thing before i can get on the GBB rifle waggon :( lifes a b*tch eh

Too low capacity? I think we've been too spoiled by video games with unlimited ammo. 30 rounds is the standard for this type of weapon. And since it is a simulation weapon and not a mere toy. I think they got it spot on putting a 30 rounder on it.

What I would like to see are US $20.00 magazines for the WE. Then that would put it in the same ballpark as some of the high-end AEG mags in the market in terms of price range. Then you can load up with as much magazines as you want - if you can bear the weight.

Oh... and about spotting. If the VFC trigger assembly is the one on the pic of their coming soon poster. Then it's the version which has the "A" at top dead center and "S" at the forward level setting unlike the WE which has "A" at 45 degrees upwards and "1" at horizontal postition and "S" at 45 degrees down.

Too low capacity? I think we've been too spoiled by video games with unlimited ammo. 30 rounds is the standard for this type of weapon. And since it is a simulation weapon and not a mere toy. I think they got it spot on putting a 30 rounder on it.

But for a gun that shoots a much more consistent round than an a 6mm BB. 30 rounds of plastic=/=30 rounds of brass. You need more to be as effective as you would be with a RS rifle, unless you are in CQB.

You need more to be as effective as you would be with a RS rifle, unless you are in CQB.

I dont know about the rest of you but my WE GBB shoots a hell of alot better than 90+% of the aegs ive fired.

i know i love milsim but i have never had the chance for a milsim game :( im stuck with fighting people with like 12 HI CAPS and gunning from the hip because they want to be some super awesome elite rambo surfer dude if there is even such a thing i didnt mean by alot i ment sort of 50 rounds as with 30 rounds i carry 12 midcaps atm and 12 gbb mags = wayyy to expensive for a 15 year old geardo with no job im waiting for a black one and one last question what capacity do the WE m4 mags take and will they fir in the SCAR as it probs would be cheaper to pick up some secounds hands form people selling their m4s then £23 per mag :( i need to win the lottery or get a decent payed sumer job lol

i know i love milsim but i have never had the chance for a milsim game :( im stuck with fighting people with like 12 HI CAPS and gunning from the hip because they want to be some super awesome elite rambo surfer dude if there is even such a thing i didnt mean by alot i ment sort of 50 rounds as with 30 rounds i carry 12 midcaps atm and 12 gbb mags = wayyy to expensive for a 15 year old geardo with no job im waiting for a black one and one last question what capacity do the WE m4 mags take and will they fir in the SCAR as it probs would be cheaper to pick up some secounds hands form people selling their m4s then £23 per mag :( i need to win the lottery or get a decent payed sumer job lol

:o

Periods, man (also commonly known as full stops in other parts of the world). They ain't just a monthly thing for the ladies. ;)

Sorry mr spelling nazi :P i type in a hurry. Sorry.

It's cool. I was half-joking. (ONLY HALF!) :P

It's just that I didn't know where to stop and breathe while reading your post. :o

Anyway, having just returned from a year-long hiatus from airsoft, I'm in awe at the rebirth of the GBBr (last designs from the '80/early 90's). I can't decide which one I want!! This VFC sounds worth waiting for, though (if I can be patient enough).

It's cool. I was half-joking. (ONLY HALF!) :P

It's just that I didn't know where to stop and breathe while reading your post. :o

Anyway, having just returned from a year-long hiatus from airsoft, I'm in awe at the rebirth of the GBBr (last designs from the '80/early 90's). I can't decide which one I want!! This VFC sounds worth waiting for, though (if I can be patient enough).

i think alot of people are thinking that but i never guessed that after the WA M4 CQBR all this awesomeness would suddenly appear looks like marui man has his work cut out for him lol

Also, I don't think this is a civilian version. First, you said it came from the FNH USA site. Full-auto on a civilian version? I don't think so. Another thing is that the AAC flash hider definitely means it's not a civilian model

The picture I posted before on page 3 was a picture of the civilian SCAR.

The picture I posted before on page 3 was a picture of the civilian SCAR.

??? Huh? Sorry my comment was about Oggy's post saying that VFC based their SCAR GBB on a civilian version of the SCAR. Is he referring to just the color or the design?

Yes. the image you posted is of the civilian semi-auto only version.

Now for others to compare the two... the civilian version of the SCAR - the SCAR 16S can be found here. This is the civilian semi-auto version called SCAR 16S. The S stands for semi-auto only and not Standard.

Experience the reliability, accuracy and versatility of the FN SCAR™ 16S and 17S, the civilian legal, semi-auto only versions of the U.S. Special Operations Command’s newest service rifles. The SCAR 16S is chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO (223 Rem.) while the SCAR 17S fires the 7.62x51mm NATO (308 Win.) cartridge. The innovative gas-operated, short stroke piston system reduces fouling for greater reliability. Both the SCAR 16S and 17S feature user-interchangeable, free floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrels with hard-chromed bores. Models with 10- or 30-round detachable box magazines (DBM) are available. Fully-ambidextrous operating controls instantly adapt the SCAR S-Series to any user. The receiver integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail plus three accessory rails enable mounting of a wide variety of tactical lights and lasers. The side-folding polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and length of pull, and is colored authentic USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth.

FNH USA SCAR 16S page

FNM0152mb.png

CIVILIAN SCAR 16S .You will notice that the selector only has 2 positions. S and 1. Next is the flash hider. It uses the standard birdcage flash hider instead of the AAC flash hider for the AAC suppressor. Also take note of the 16 1/4" civilian legal barrel.

FNM0108mb.png

MILITARY version of SCAR - this model is the Mk16 Standard. You will notice the S-1-A selector and the heavier barrel. Also it uses an AAC suppressor ready flash hider on a shorter 14" barrel.

The VFC SCAR has the S-1-A trigger group and if they are basing it on the image they included in their ad. It would be the Mk16 CQC version. Clearly this would be the military version instead of the Civilian 16 1/4" barreled, semi-auto only, SCAR 16S.

I really wouldn't pay too much attention to the color differences of the catalog images. The controlled lighting of a studio can change the way it actually looks.

Why are we still talking about this?

I jumped to conclusions and figured the FNH website would be directed more toward the civilian market rather than military. kodiak already brought this up an entire page ago, I thought we had all agreed the linked picture was mil not civi.

That being said, although I think the SCAR in the linked picture is a mil version, I don't think it is the current issue version of the SCAR.

Why are we still talking about this?

I jumped to conclusions and figured the FNH website would be directed more toward the civilian market rather than military. kodiak already brought this up an entire page ago, I thought we had all agreed the linked picture was mil not civi.

That being said, although I think the SCAR in the linked picture is a mil version, I don't think it is the current issue version of the SCAR.

Sorry about that. Yeah. I saw your posts.

The civi scar does not use a birdcage flash hider.

Its using an FN branded PWS FSC556 muzzle brake.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I guess FNH USA just didn't bother updating the images on their site and still have the one with the birdcage flash hider on.

Archived