• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I'm probably going to pick up another KJW soon, so I can do more things with it :D

Where did you guys get yours btw?

I bought my from KJW M4 - http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KJW-M4-CARB.htm and it is serial # KJ00217.

Donut, please help, I can not read KJ Works webpage, please translate for me news release. http://www.kjworks.com.tw/new.php

Thank You for the help Donut!

After seeing so many people say "I'd get this but without spare parts support I don't feel comfortable" I decided to email KJW directly and asked how I could buy spare parts if something broke. They said,

"If your M4 was made by our company.

You can purchase a replacement part from us.

Please tell me what part number you need.

I’ll quote you soon.

Thanks!"

So it would appear that KJW is clearly willing to work directly with customers in getting spare parts. I dont know what payment methods they would accept but I would imagine that can be sorted fairly easily. Anyways, its good to know that there ARE parts out there if they are needed. Maybe not as convenient as your local airsoft shop, but they are out there.

I bought my from KJW M4 - http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KJW-M4-CARB.htm and it is serial # KJ00217.

Donut, please help, I can not read KJ Works webpage, please translate for me news release. http://www.kjworks.com.tw/new.php

Thank You for the help Donut!

You mean the little bit about 1-250? It's just saying that those had some issues, and it is recommended you send the gun including the mag back to the company and they will replace some parts for free to fix the problem of not locking back some times.

The other part says the first 300 will have running serials

You mean the little bit about 1-250? It's just saying that those had some issues, and it is recommended you send the gun including the mag back to the company and they will replace some parts for free to fix the problem of not locking back some times.

The other part says the first 300 will have running serials

Hey Donut,

What happens if you do not send it back to replace the parts, is it going to cause damages to the gun?

Also, do you know what parts they are going to replace or need to be replaced to fix the issue?

I rather replace it myself than send it back to Asia with all the waiting and shipping fees. They should just ship the replacement parts, rather sending the whole thing back.

Thanks

Yeah, I was just a bit confused.

I'm probably going to pick up another KJW soon, so I can do more things with it :D

Where did you guys get yours btw?

We bought ours on WGC Shop and they're Serial #>300 because Reciever is without markings.

Intrudershop has a M4A1 Steel Front kit for KJ GBB/MARUI AEG. It already has the cuts. It costs $210, but it's steel. Check it out.

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_produc...roduct=1361#top

Keep in mind the Intruder sells KJW's M4 for "Suggested Retail Price: USD 450.00".

So I hope this barrel will be cheaper.

C'mon $200? Even Inokatsu's barrel is cheaper!

Btw I like the way you contacted the KJW. Maybe we should try establish coop like WE fan's.

Edited by Amadem
Dang it, dang it, dang it, dang it! I want a KJW so bad, but if they are gonna stop the import, i doubt I would get one in time anyways. I guess now I'll have more money to spend on some MC gear <_<

I ordered mine through AirSplat.com and they are in Los Angeles, California. No customs to worry about as it is state to state mail.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KJW-M4-CARB.htm

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-KJW-M4GB-MAG.htm

No worries about the ban as Koba-san's design is Not the WA design and there is absolutely No Way this gun can fire or be modified to fire live rounds. So buy with confidence,,,

You are allowed to upload videos and youtube, guys.

I'm pretty sure that it ll make people happy. =D

Ok, but what are you wan't to watch in these vids?

Btw. I was working on my L119A2 / C8 CQB project today, precisely on the front set.

dscf3651z.th.jpg

Outer barrel and RIS Rails is some chinese AEG ones (probably PJ) rest is from KJW/TK.

Everything fits well and really tight. (had to fix barrel to fit HU, but believe me it's very easy, I don't even have special tools).

After work been for shoting. Fired ~500bbs (total is about 2,5k) still without any problems. Everything works excelent, specially the Bolt Stop.

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009

1200 Hours

Temperature 107F / 41.6C Afternoon in Arizona

Propane Gas Used - Coleman Propane Fuel - http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/Produ...&click=2744

- Firing Mode = Rapid Fire - Semi Auto - Fully Automatic

2 key items to watch for - monitor performance of Magpul B.A.D. Lever and continue to monitor performance of magazines.

Possible Issue With Added Weight of BAD and Proper Bolt Lock Operation

Continue To Monitor BBs 'Stove Piping' in the BB Feed Channel of Magazine.

Began testing with customary fill once, load 3 times per magazine, gun ran as expected for the 6 magazines.

Next began shooting the gun from improvised urban positions:

Urban Prone - Primary Side 2 Magazines

Urban Prone - Reaction Side 2 Magazines

Fired Inverted (Upside Down W Magazine Pointing Up) 2 magazines

Encountered No Issues, BB flight path normal, shot groups average.

Propane Bottle Becoming Low:

Began testing gun operation with low bottle conditions - fill magazine - ability to fire 5 to 8 full power shots - dramatic power depletion in following 2 shots, out of gas with one more shot.

Repeat Test 3X on both magazines - Gun ran as normal - no issues.

Propane Tank Fully Empty - Disposed of Properly In Proper Receptacle.

Began using new propane tank, found magazine 2 BB tray stove piping again. Percussive maintenance performed, magazine loading normally. Found magazine 2 double fed into gun, stripped magazine, racked bolt, cleared jam, inserted magazine, charged bolt, began firing. Magazine 2 double fed again and several times after, noted that magazine 1 had not double fed but magazine 1 did stove pipe in the magazine twice during the course of the day.

Noted that the gun had consumed 52 magazines and had yet to be lubed. During the course of disassembling the gun and lubing found first notable failure(s).

Item # 9 Cup Seal Had Torn!

IMG_1508.jpg

Item # 15 Bolt Cup Had Fractured

IMG_1516.jpg

Item # 7 Bolt Carrier Exhibiting Heavy Gouging

IMG_1510.jpg

Lubed components - assembled gun and carried on - shot a total of 4 magazines and had my first failure to fire. That's correct, rack the charging handle, move from safe to semi, pull trigger and nothing, had to move fire selector forward and the gun would fire with no pressure on the trigger. Trigger would not reset after firing. Removed BCG from gun - inspect BCG and found the nozzle interior the bolt cup had destroyed the spring and the nozzle plunger as well. At this point gun is now exhausting propane as the plunger rests in the normally open position from its spring. The expanding gas pushes the BB forward before the gasses overcome the spring pressure closing the plunger. Thus filling up the bolt cup driving back the carrier and carrier group back into the buffer tube assembly.

Item # 17, 17A, 35

IMG_1517.jpg

After Complete Disassembly of the gun, found a small piece of what was left nozzle plunger lodged under the trigger group.

Essentially now after 64 total lifetime magazines what I had left was a GBB laying in wait for KJW to respond to emails about getting me some replacement parts. Parts that I am hopeful will get soon. Undaunted I forged on and assembled the gun, loaded up a magazine, to my surprise not only did it shoot the BB but the bolt cycled as well.

One thing I noted was how the magazines were really exhibiting cool down now that the nozzle plunger was no longer there in the bolt cup to keep the efficiency of the gas consumption down. Noted also was magazines were now at 2 reloads per gas fill as the efficiency of the gun was NG!

Surprisingly though the gun is still firing, not only that but the bolt is now locking back after magazine with the BAD Lever having no effect what so ever on the operation of the bolt stop

Total Magazines Expended Today = 44

Total Issues / Incidents Encountered = 26 / 2 Issues = Magazine & Bolt Related

Total Bolt Locking Back After Last BB = 70

Total Magazine Count Expended = 84

Total Round Count = 2752

I JUST RECEIVED MINE TODAY!!!!!

I ordered the KJW M4 last Thursday and received it today.

Impression:

My first impression was, man this thing is beautiful. It is very sturdy and it looks and feels it's made from great materials. There was only one wobble, which came from the stock. Other then that, there was not wobble at all. I made it less wobbly by putting electrical tap inside the stock tube, and it worked pretty good.

Firing:

This is my first Gas gun ever, so you get the point. I was trying to figure it out how to use it by reading the manual, but it was in Chinese. I figured it out by just looking at the pictures, it was more than enough. I inserted the magazine and pulled the charging handle, getting ready to pull the tiger. Pulled it, nothing happened, again, not thing happened. OH f**k, what the hell am I doing wrong. Then I took the magazine out, pulled the charging handle, then pulled the trigger. It worked. So I pulled the charging handle again, inserted the magazine, pulled the trigger, and it fired beautifully. I was very loud and jolted my shoulder back. I thought this was nothing like the youtube video of this m4 being fired. It was just pure fun. It was hard to adjust the hop up and it is still not adjusted, but it was still pretty accurate. I was shooting at a .9 floz regular ozarka water bottle at about 110-120 ft away. I hit it once and others were pretty close. I usually can hit that target about 5/10 time on my AEG. Just imagine if it had a longer tbb and a better hop up, oh boy.

Problems:

My first problem that I have encountered was that the bolt does not lock back on the last bb. The serial number on the gun is 154. On the KJW website they said serial #1-250 will have this issue, and send it back and they will fix it free of charge. I might email them and see if they can send me the parts and I will fix it. I really do not want to ship it back to Taiwan and let them ship it back, too much trouble and shipping fee.

IF YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO FIX IT OR IF YOU KNOW IT MIGHT CAUSE DAMAGES WITHOUT THE REPLACEMENT PARTS THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! ANY INFO WILL BE GOOD. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Other problems was that, on the first shot no bbs comes out, always comes out on the second shot. I have no idea way, so again if you guys know why please let me know.

Other than that, no issues were encountered.

Conclusion:

I have shot five magazines worth of bbs and it's still fine. It's a very good gun and works beautifully, except for the bolt lock. Using propane, this gun shoots very very hard. I would use .28g bbs and above or use duster gas. I will probably try duster gas next. I believe with a longer and tighter barrel this gun will be more accurate than it's already is. Hop up is ok, but it's probably still breaking in, so it might get better as I shoot more. Also, if you get this gun, the first thing you should do is clean the barrel, because it is very dirty and oily inside. Over all great gun and hopefully I will fix the minor problems that I have encountered. If you want this gun than get it, because it is reliable and able to use in a skirmish right out the box.

Other problems was that, on the first shot no bbs comes out, always comes out on the second shot. I have no idea way, so again if you guys know why please let me know.

You have to pull the charging handle back to chamber the first BB if it's a fresh mag. If it's a reload, you need to hit the bolt catch tab to make the bolt return, thus chambering the first BB.

Edited by GaMeFrEAK1018
hey any chance of fps readings raven1?

just to see how much not having the bolt cup effects fps.

I'll have that by tomorrow afternoon; the gun in stock factory form using .25g BBs running propane gas shot 440 fps consistently.

3 mag reloads at 32 BBs per gas refill.

Again and surprisingly: The Gun Is Still Running

Broken gas seal,

Broken bolt cup,

Scarred / Gouged carrier,

Broken nozzle plunger,

Additional Notes:

Observations of Gun In This State

Bolt Lock Did Not Fail To Lock Back - Positive and Consistent Bolt Lock.

Increase In Felt Recoil - Gun Kicking Noticeably Harder.

Increase In Audible Muzzle Report - Gun Got Very Loud.

Magazine Cool Down - Magazines Gathered Large Droplets of Water Condensation!

No Effect On Hop Up - BB Flight Path Initially Altered, Once Readjusted Hop Up Performed As Expected.

Configuration of Functional Accessories:

Redi-mag Installed,

Magpul B.A.D. Lever,

Custom AEG CQBR 10.5" Barrel,

No Response From KJW as of yet regarding my request to purchase replacement parts.

PLEASE NOTE:

KJW has however responded to a previous inquiry regarding the warranty issue of the gun as the gun serial # is KJ00217 and falls within the KJW recall notice regarding the KJW M4 Buffer, Buffer spring and magazine recall,,,

Edited by Raven1

Not sure if this was ever posted but I was curious how the KJW achieves that consistent full auto ROF as far as I can tell from videos. Is it due to that rubber band? And has anyone actually had success acquiring replacement OEM parts?

And has anyone actually had success acquiring replacement OEM parts?

Raven1 have said that he will contact KJW. So we ll know the prices soon. =)

In videos, i would hear bolt lock, rate of fire with gaz (named), shot range, macro views of the gun, etc etc.

It's pure-noob-vids, but it is kwl. :ph34r:

Edited by Yatsum
Not sure if this was ever posted but I was curious how the KJW achieves that consistent full auto ROF as far as I can tell from videos. Is it due to that rubber band? And has anyone actually had success acquiring replacement OEM parts?

I has to do with the bolt cup design and the nozzle plunger inside the bolt cup.

As the gas enters the bolt cup from the magazine (Same entry point as all gas guns - underneath through the gas port inlet) the gas expands pushing out the BB first as it is a positive pressure design once the BB is gone gas in now directly moving around the nozzle plunger out through the nozzle into the inner barrel. The nozzle has a plunger that is held open by a small spring. That spring is over come by the gas pressure acting on the plunger effectively closing it shut. The plunger is shaped like the water stopper in your sink - except put an o-ring around it for better seal and that is essentially what the nozzle plunger is. Once the nozzle plunger is shut by the pressure of the expanding gas. The gas at this point begins to act on the back half of the bolt carrier group. Driving the carrier into the buffer tube.

Is it due to this nozzle plunger that keeps expanding gasses from escaping out of the nozzle. This design is very efficient as essentially All Of The Gas is contained in the bolt cup to drive the carrier back. There fore less gas is needed to drive the BCG assembly into the buffer, which is why the gun consistently operates at 3 BB reloads per 1 gas fill. Another added benefit is there is no cool down as you are not spraying the hop up assembly with escaping gasses. Keeping the magazine from experiencing rapid cool down.

Now that my nozzle plunger is no longer, the gun still works - all be it, very inefficiently. 2 reloads per gas fill, magazine cool down very evident, kicks much harder as there is much more gas being used to drive the BCG into the buffer.

The crazy thing is this gun is still running, reliably - but for how long - we'll soon find out!