FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my Famas currently

G2Side.jpg

G2Cut.gif

I picked up a second Red/Green Dot scope on these forums for pretty cheap awhile back. I use the front scope as a "Bullet Drop Compensator" Where the dot is a bit lower then the primary (Red). I'm going to test it out soon enough and see if it helps out any.

Also I'm awaiting a Nextorch T9 Flashlight from Atlanta. I got the barrel mount already. I plan to do a review on the T9 considering it's only $25 and outputs 110 lumens. Does anyone know if the accessories for the G&P T9 will fit?

I've eliminated creaking 100% in the front, I'm about to start on the rear (I've narrowed it down to only 1 spot where creaking is present. This spot has possibly 90% of the whole guns creaks.) Fight now the front end is solid as a rock. If I move the foregrip the whole upper moves it's on so tight. There are some prelim. pictures in my album Here of where to apply the tape, but I'll post a guide somewhere soon. (I was thinking the Projects section because if it goes in Tech it will get lost like the last one.)

EDIT: I just looked at the second picture. I really like that one lol.

That's my favorite Mag. Nice and beat up. I think the guy who used to own it repainted it because the paint feels different and flakes off easily. I wasthinking about chopping a STAR mag really really short. Shorter than a VN mag just to see the looks.

Edited by Kingcodez

that's sweet, maybe mount the flashlight on the underside of the barrel. I've never heard of the idea for 2 red dots, both being sighted for different ranges. Pretty cool I think 1 aimpoint would look sweet but that looks interesting and kind of cool too, let us see the finished product.

don't you dare! If anything i'd get more mags, scopes, and a really cool silencer. It'd be a waste to buy a nade launcher, if anything I guess get a M203 and custom fit it..... search google images "FAMAS M203" nad you'll see what I mean.

Edited by trfo2o

This is what I DON'T want. The M203 is way too far forward. I want the M203 trigger as close to the Famas trigger as possible. I may have to cut off the Saftey to do so but I'd like to be able to pull the 203 trigger with my middle or ring finger.

But for the sake of being diferent, I'd rather stick a Madbull 203 on but I need to see more pics of it (All I've seen is stock images) Or Maby a Mosquito M203.

MasMags.jpg

Just took that one.

I need to start doing this outside.

Anyways, Boba that looks great. I just might do that.

Also It worked, I eliminated ALL (Known) creaks from the Famas. My Pics aren't the best but they work. I'll make a guide later today. But right now, I can hold the butt stock and the front (Think how you hold a board before you smash your head through) and twist the gun and nothing makes noise.

The perfect tape is actually Duct Tape. I use the black kind. It sticks anywhere, either does or dosen't create friction, and is easy to cut. The Elec. tape was too squeaky in it self and left tape smudges.

Do you think it'd be possible to wrap the GB in a thin foam?

I read about Dynamat:

Dynamat works wonders.      You buy it in large sheets from any car audio store.  Its about a millimeter thick, and has a sticky layer on the back so it can be applied like tape

Right now my GB is covered mostly in Duct Tape.

There's a guide on Airsoftplayers.com

But that's for TM magazines.

For othermags, you use the same guide, except you make another cut in the magwell.

Pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Kin...shedMagwell.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Kin...AS/DSCF0181.jpg

Just make a square notch. Make sure that it is WIDE enough to take the feed lip of the magazine (Example G&P Midcap) And it must be a bit longer.

Just make a 1.5cm Square like the one shown.

People will say that you can just mod the Magazine and not have to worry about the magwell, but in my experience the magazine could be pulled out without triggering the mag catch.

Also, if you mod the gun itself, you can use your buddies Mags provided that their either: Modded, or you physically hold the magazine in (Best to be used in desperate situations)

If you need a step by step guide, I think I still have it on my PC so just PM me and I'll shoot it over.

you know what's been bothering me? The FAMAS hasn't had an updated version. They should come out with a sweet all new kind that uses some version gearbox that's compatible with all the internal upgrades available today.

i bet someones gonna say "CA is coming out with one I think" they seem to be coming out with everything these days.

CA is not coming out with one I´ve asked them at the IWA in Nürnberg ;) Rights for the FAMAS and for the Uzi belong to Cybergun......

And there are lots of tuning parts. Nearly any Tuning Cylinder can be made to fit the V1 shell. Any piston and pistonhead is fitting. Nozzles, Springs, bearings, bushing, gears...everything available...only problem: It´s not written on the package ;) And all these answers are here in this board.

Well the real Famas body IS plastic.

I'm pretty happy with what I got. I like being different anyways. If CA or someone turned out a new Famas, you'd see them everywhere.

If your willing to put the time in, you can do anything with the Famas.

Speaking of time, I made the guide.

Click Me to Read

I made one of those junktastic Freewebs sites. If it was on a static page it might be easier to direct people to it than having it on a forum. I probably will post it here soon. And again, this isn't a comprehensive guide. This is just to give you ideas on where to place the tape.

Nope, Their plastic.

OR atlease the mech houseing (area behind trigger unit) and foregrips are. The rest COULD be metal, but most likely isn't.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as21-e.htm

The real Famas is 3.8kg and mine (Airsoft) is like 4.5 so unless stee weight less than plastic (Which it very well might) then its plastic.

AFAIK Plastic can get dinged up too :)

My magwell looks like I've been smashing it with rocks.

I think I've turned my Famas into an Armalite.

G2Launcher1.jpg

G2Launcher3.jpg

G2Launcher2.jpg

The launcher is great, but I think I might trade it in and get a M203 lol

Only problem is some of my MAG midcaps were cut wrong. I keep forgetting that the Famas needs a TIGHT fit for M16 mags. I guess that's why I buy Famas standards.

And cheap magazines.