FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a Model-Shop for RC-stuff and got a motor and a set of plastic gears. A large ones is direcly mounted on the winding gear of the highcap and is driven by the pinion gear. Therefor I need a little bit more power to wind up the high cap.

Actually the boxmag has a capacity of 1000 BBs. Winded Up FAMAS highcap will last for about 400 rounds. After this I can re-wind the motor by pressing the red button below the ammo belt giving me a 50 BB load when pressing the button

ROF is reduce to 600 or 800 rpm and the weapon is designed as a suppoert weapon. So IMHO this "re-charging" is only fair to the other players as the range of this weapon is much higher than a stock weapon.

But I am planing on a gearbox to completely wind up the system by motor :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Hells_Nightwatchman

Oh...I´m an average guy....1,88 and some 180 pounds.... The FAMAS SAW only looks this huge and heavy.... in fact the CA 249 is way heavier..... to heavy IMHO

mittel-2029.jpg

And the final version after some minor modifications...changed to SV grip and handguard....

Last thing missing is the gearbox.... stay tuned :) Will be a little bit special.

Edited by Boba_Fett

Here is my Marui FAMAS SV - I love me some FAMAS

FAMAS.jpg

FAMAS1.jpg

I've attached a rail on the bottom of the handguard/battery cover - but I haven't found anything to put on it that I've really liked yet. Anyone have any pictures of a FAMAS with a short XM203? perhaps a short M203 RIS version?

I kinda like the look of the one with the mosquito molds grenade launcher on it - I might go that route.

Very nice.

I see you have a M16 mag in your baby.

Did you modify the gun to take M16 mags, or the mags to fit the FAMAS?

By the looks of it, M16 mags to fit mag well: on the pic of the full loud out the M16 mag has a mag clip hole on the front, and on the side on pic of the FAMAS, theres no mag release catch on the side like there would if the FAMAS had been modded especially to take the mags. :P

By the looks of it, M16 mags to fit mag well: on the pic of the full loud out the M16 mag has a mag clip hole on the front, and on the side on pic of the FAMAS, theres no mag release catch on the side like there would if the FAMAS had been modded especially to take the mags.  :P

Yeah, as I browsed through the whole thread I caught the answer after I'd posted the question.

I wonder if anyone has tried to mod the FAMAS to take the M16 mags, as I understand that the real steel takes them, and I can't imagine French grunts modifying M16 mags to fir their weapon.