FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i assume you've done a little research on putting new motors in the famas. id say go for it, you can probably do it. also i thought u were going for more fps? why the turbo and not the magnum? i would get a systema torque up motor and save some money, those motors arnt all their cracked up to be.

i assume you've done a little research on putting new motors in the famas. id say go for it, you can probably do it. also i thought u were going for more fps? why the turbo and not the magnum? i would get a systema torque up motor and save some money, those motors arnt all their cracked up to be.

Well, it's shooting upper 300's, possibly slightly over 400. I would really like it to be right at 390, so I can still have lots of FPS, without going over the FPS/sniper limit in most places. I like the FPS where it's at, it's just that the RoF really seems to be lacking, even with a 9.6V battery. Maybe I'll go for a Systema High Speed instead.

Yeh, for now I'm just gonna stick with a 9.6V battery, so I can at least take it skirmishing a couple of times.

High Torque is high torque, because it does the same amount of work, in more time, whch means it take less power, so that's why it's not high speed.

Update!!!

Ditched the grenade launcher I reckon. Seems to look nice and sleek without it

Been sanding, and consequently will need to do the paint-job again. Oh well, can do a better job this time! (Maybe tan/black two tone?)

Scope, mount and VN mags are on there way to me from ehobby.

Photos of the whole thing WILL go up when I get the bits!

Phew! Hard work this!

Ahh but it ruined the lines! And function won over, as I never really was going to use it.

But here we are!

A little montage of my Famas's life.

(Note, no picture of it as a normal Famas, Cause I bought it to be cut :blush: )

The last picture was taken today (Hoorah!)

She shall be on her first skirmish on the 24th at Combat South woodland (Hooray!)

And so I'll get some better pictures (I may be able to mod my Famas, but I can't take photos!)

And what do people think of a bipod? (King arms, not the F1 style)

Unfortunately there is still work to be done: I need to cut the mag-catches into the other 4 mags (doh!)

"Sigh" :D

EDIT: Dismembered, if your talking about the m16 midcaps, they should do. I'm using King arms VN mags, and there not specific to Marui, which suggests all m16 mags are constant(ish)

Edited by angel_wings
  • 4 weeks later...

Well...yeah...I'm pretty much done with mine. I might still get a burst chip, and or a grenade launcher, but neither for a while. For the most part, I'm just gonna work on my other guns.

Here is a(pretty crappy) pic of it, as it is now, complete:

famasc2qi2.jpg

I've got some G&P black mags which match it better.

EDIT: Still have yet to skirmish with it... :mellow: ... :angry:

Edited by dismemberd
  • 1 month later...