FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks dude,il post updates as i do more to it :)

That´s the worst when you´re starting to mod a FAMAS: It never ends.....any time you think you´ve finished it you find something new to change, swap, mod...... started nearly 2 years ago and invested the last 4 months getting the fps stable.....now I´m thinking about building a new boxmag as the 249 box is cool but very uncomfortable :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

heres my famas.

she runs on co2 and duct tape

despite its looks it runs over 450 fps and is rather accurate

DSC01057Medium.jpg

DSC01056Medium.jpg

DSC01055Medium.jpg

DSC01054Medium.jpg

DSC01053Medium.jpg

the internals are a slightly hacked up sigma 40f with a stock m700 barrel made to fit

m203 was sold to me as a tm one but i'm not too sure if it is since it uses 40mm gas shells

hell of allot of fun to use even when out of bb's it keeps peoples heads down :D

and for ~$200 new Zealand dollars (roughly converts to $100us or 66 euro) i think it was worth it

Edited by da_monkey

Da_monkey you are my hero!!! It is very messy but it looks great, that is one hell of a FAMAS. I love it. Are you gonna make a thread in the projects section? Will you tell us how you made it? I would definately be interested in seeing how you made it, and maybe considering one for myself.

Also, what happened to your trigger safety? If you want, I'm pretty sure they sell extras at UNCO, or I might have one laying around somewhere.

EDIT: Oh, and please get us a video.

Edited by dismemberd
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if its cool with you that your dmr shoots under 300 fps. and get an f1 famas, it already has a bipod.

But its good to see people posting in this thread again, as for myself, i sold the custom famas that you will see in this thread back around page 30 and bought an m4-s-system witch epicly failed on me so im back to the famas and am well on my way to having a little brother for my long lost love. i had another stock famas somewhere along the line...i cant explain where it came from but i sold it along with my first custom one.

@ dismembered, i remember you had some success in upgrading your fps a bit, can you post a parts list and a quick note on your success or failure? im not sure what i want to do with this one yet internally.

airsoft1212004-1.jpg

i reely need to get osme new pics up, it has side rails now too.

• 2 weeks later...

this thread needs more participants.

updates since last picture:

-side rails

-m120 spring

-polycrbonate piston

-silent piston head

-the g36 top rail is now bolted on instead of just glued.

2007_0214famas0006.jpg

2007_0214famas0004.jpg

2007_0214famas0003.jpg

2007_0214famas0001.jpg

-still need to mod it for m4 mags, get a flash light and 9.6 mini batteries for it, could also use a new paint job cause i ran out while trying to paint the silencer.

if its cool with you that your dmr shoots under 300 fps. and get an f1 famas, it already has a bipod.

But its good to see people posting in this thread again, as for myself, i sold the custom famas that you will see in this thread back around page 30 and bought an m4-s-system witch epicly failed on me so im back to the famas and am well on my way to having a little brother for my long lost love. i had another stock famas somewhere along the line...i cant explain where it came from but i sold it along with my first custom one.

@ dismembered, i remember you had some success in upgrading your fps a bit, can you post a parts list and a quick note on your success or failure? im not sure what i want to do with this one yet internally.

airsoft1212004-1.jpg

i reely need to get osme new pics up, it has side rails now too.

Sorry, I thought I had posted.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the problem with mine was not the gearbox, but the rest of the gun. I think I put something together wrong, or something was aligned right. As for your's you put an M120 in, but you didn't have to replace the gears? Does it shoot? Fast? Also, have you chronoed it?

• 2 weeks later...

made some updates today, it used to have that SV style hand guard...no more. moved the forgrip back because i like it there and it makes room for a flash light i wish i had. also did some painting on the silencer and hand grip, and hollowed out the inside in places so my batts can fit inside now.

*fruitcage* this thing is getting front heavy.

famasupdatefeb19001.jpg

famasupdatefeb19003.jpg

famasupdatefeb19007.jpg

famasupdatefeb19008.jpg

still needs some sanding, painting and gear box work. would also like a flash light and a ras mounted slig clip+3 point sling...sigh. it never ends

and no one follows this thread so why do i even bother?

do you still have your famas?

i forgot to mention that the gears have been replaced with classic army ones. and im still trying to get my hands on a chrono since i havnt been to the feild in a while, but it does shoot nice. im satasfied.

Yeah, I still got mine, I love it. I'm pretty much done working on it though, and now I'm doing my other guns(see M93R SMG thread in the projects suggestions, and Im gonna put up my AK in the AK pics thread once I get the courage :( )

made some updates today, it used to have that SV style hand guard...no more. moved the forgrip back because i like it there and it makes room for a flash light i wish i had. also did some painting on the silencer and hand grip, and hollowed out the inside in places so my batts can fit inside now.

*fruitcage* this thing is getting front heavy.

and no one follows this thread so why do i even bother?

I also have trouble deciding where to put the foregrip. Sometimes when i'm lazy I don't even use it, I just hold the trigger guard, and prop my elbow on my hip. lol, it sounds bad, but it is comfy...

I think the farther forward you have it, the easier it is to steady your gun, but the harder to hold. When you move it back, it is easier to hold, but not as effective. I usually keep mine somehwere in the middle. When I'm out there using it, it really doesnt even matter, and I don't even notice. It's just when I'm sitting at home wishing I was using it, that I start to ###### with it.

Speaking of using it, I have scrimished with it, and it is really nice. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but I think having the carrying handle is actually advantageous >.< Some people don't think it looks as nice, but I love it because I can use my RDS with my face mask on, because it is so high up.

As for the weight, I definately know what you mean. Mine isnt so much front heavy, but it is noticeably heavier. With no externals it is a fairly light gun, but once you start putting the big scope mount, and rails, and scopes on it, it adds up.

I'm sorry I haven't been following as closely as I used to, but like I said, I am more or less done with mine, and it's winter, and I haven't been playing recently, so I dont come on much.

EDIT: Also, I'm not really into the silencer, but what really got me was those tile floors. Not nearly as cool, or classy as the "kissies".

Edited by dismemberd
ah, nice to hear from you, i like my grip all the way back cause i can basically one hand the gun effectively so i dont need to stability of having it up front. most of the wieght on my gun comes from the silencer witch is actually a bike peg and weighs about 3 lbs.

How did you manage to attach a bike peg?

Does it change the sound at all? I imagine it would sound at least a little different. That seems the same as a really big noveske flash hider.

i wrapped the outer barrel in electrical tape and its just jammed on there, stays on fine, it actually doesnt move at all. as far as sound goes not to much since its solid metal and no foam but yea thats basically the look i was going for, gona see what i can do about getting a foam filled supressor but im not looking to spend much money since G&G hasa famas coming out this year.

could that not have been pmed?

and may i ask the same of you sir? it was a double post and i felt since me and dismembered are among the small fraction of people who post in this thread that my question would not interupt the flow of famas related information all that much.

however since it bothers you enough to inspire you to spend the 11.5 seconds registering your complaint, i will apologize and take it to pms next time.