Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

You will always, always get those. This is why at least 75% of the time i go off on my own and do my best to avoid them. Sometimes though when i am bored i just shoot at them from out of nowhere and then check if they take their hits, half of the time they fire back (well i say back, in a random direction) so i just hit them twice in the chest then leave, it just makes me laugh while i wait for something to actually happen in a game. :P

'FireKnife'

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pet Peeve above everything else: 15 year olds at their first skirmish with rental guns, jeans and lacoste trainers barking orders at me like some jumped up NCO off Bad Lads Army.....grrrrrrrr :angry:

I've seen this dealt with quite well. A kid who wasn't a rental but was thought 6 months in the cadets gave him the right to bark orders while hiding at the back. Anyways a mate returning from the dead zone hears him, runs up, picks him up by a strap on the back of his webbing and drags him 20 yards forward while shouting "after you". Funnily enough he kept quiet for the rest of the day

One of my pet peeves is when people try to make an issue of me using a guitar case to transport my AK47. Seriously?!?!?! Atleast I am transporting it properly. Why should I buy another gun case for just one gun when I have a spare guitar case lying around.

A guitar case seams logical to me in that it will attract far less attention than a gunbag. Oh and Fireknife, if you're going to do that with a Chicago typewriter then it should really be a violin case

Lasers should just be straight up banned from the field frankly, they're too much of an unknown quantity.

It is a sad case of the idiotic minority ruining it from the sensible majority, but there's no way for sites to police the strength of the lasers that people might field. I know my VFC PEQ-15 is weak and I'm responsible in it's use, but how many marshalls are going to be able to tell one of those from an ACM PEQ that's firing death-star beams? Let alone have the time to have an in-depth exam of every laser unit that rocks up on the field that morning, on top of chronographing everybody's rifles?

Obviously private games, players/groups who've known each other for years etc that's a bit of a different story, but despite the fact ESS goggles will save your eyes from a RS shotgun or grenade shrapnel, they can't do a thing against a laser. Personally, I don't want to be blinded at a skirmish without a BB ever getting near my optical organs, just because some moron watched Predator the other week and decided to buy 3 highly suspect lasers from RSOV or EBB 'cause it'd look well cool blud'.

Lasers should just be straight up banned from the field frankly,

Yep, why do people need them? They just encourage bad play i find. It isn't that hard to use sights or at close range use instinctive fire.

Oh and Fireknife, if you're going to do that with a Chicago typewriter then it should really be a violin case

When a GBB one comes out from a company that doesn't suck we shall see :P

I've seen this dealt with quite well. A kid who wasn't a rental but was thought 6 months in the cadets gave him the right to bark orders while hiding at the back. Anyways a mate returning from the dead zone hears him, runs up, picks him up by a strap on the back of his webbing and drags him 20 yards forward while shouting "after you". Funnily enough he kept quiet for the rest of the day

I am a quite vocal person when it comes to games, though mine is more humour and when i need to be quiet i am, however on one occassion me and a few other friends and team members had to put up with a 18yr old with his new RIF screaming at us to advance, into enemy fire, when we are the defenders, after being told to keep quiet i simply raised my voice above his and shouted 'ok then dumbass, three, two, one, go' and i think out of sheer fear of me he legged it towards the enemy, firing from the hip, hit no one and got properly mullered, it was all he deserved.

'FireKnife'

Same, I find myself shouting to communicate where the enemy is, indicating targets and all that kind of stuff, encouraging movement forward etc. But I do it right from the front so it can't be all that bad, no one can accuse me of not desperately trying to close with and kill the enemy ;) As far as I'm concerned, in a game of tactics and teamwork, being big on communication is essential. I get very vocal in all the games that I play at, and nine times out of ten the feedback I get from other players is positive (at Melton Mowbray the marshals were kind enough to give me a free bottle of ammo and a free game day for my efforts) but I try to avoid giving people specific "orders" - it's usually more "come on guys, keep up the aggression, f*cking get in there" etc.

I still think the best is the guys that shoot at you 'well get up to the front then!' while you try to encourage others up to a new position, unaware that you are actually picking off flankers or defending against the rearguard that is attacking your team :P

Had this happen twice to me, both occasions at the same site with the same local team, while i tried to push the new players up and into the fight the in house team complained that i wasn't at the front lines. Actually i was engaged in a pistol versus two guys with AEGs firefight on our flank, somehow managing to keep them both at bay :P

'FireKnife'

Best one was a couple of weeks ago when we had about 10 players max per side at a woodland game, and my mate and I had gone right flanking and leopard-crawled about 50m up to their positions and took out about six enemy between the two of us before our team realised what was happening and were still about 30m behind us to our left haha, desperately trying to get forward :)

The best is when someone on your team starts waving and making hand signals causing the enemy to awkwardly wave back, little realising that it is actually me being waved at, while i am sat all of 10m behind the enemy lines :P

Or getting told by a player that 'i am not getting stuck in enough' (i have a pistol for a primary here) so i dissappear off for a few seconds, only to reappear next to the enemy lines, so this guy can see me and proceed to hit at least three or four of them before i get lit up ;)

'FireKnife'

what annoys me at the moment is thieves at sites.

Yes, bastards all.

But i have thankfully yet to have anything stolen, a locked car or case helps though, shouldn't be needed as we should all be able to trust each other but it helps the one idiot that ruins it.

'FireKnife'

I've walked into the safezone before and caught some of the paintballers having a nose at some peoples stuff.

Don't know if they were looking to steal or just being curious, but they have no business down our end of the safezone.

More of a personal peeve but quite game related.

Pap marshals

Basically, to my mind, a marshals job is more than just making sure people are taking their hits in game, it's about getting stuck in with helping the event provider deliver a good day - so that means you give a hand in set up, tear down, getting people through chrono etc, not standing around with an air of superiority because you've got a high vis on. Or when you're stood in a building and hear full auto...go and investigate it in case someone has in the heat of the moment forgotten the semi auto rules and is hosing into/out of the building from sub 'x' range.

The other thing that's naffed me off a few months back and recently - the sites I can to got a SKAN chrono, great, no way you can argue/fiddle with that. Oh ###### guys! It runs in MPS, airsofters are too stupid to get over a basic conversion rate, or just take a simple 'your gun is under the limit, your gun is over the limit' as all they need to know.

So an FPS one is bought a few months later.

However, these chronos benefit from being on a stand/tripod and don't suit the 'conventional' method of being held near the muzzle and letting the shooter blat through it a couple of times.

So now after being chrono'd way under what my gun shoots on 2 different Xcortechs I am wondering just whats up with them.

Oh, it's just dumbass airsofters/marshalls that can't spot their muzzle is sock cock eyed it's shooting the plastic out over the light gates of a £300 chrono, screwing over the things ability to give an accurate reading.

GJ guys *thumbs up*

If you're marshalling, and you're NOT getting shot occasionally, then you're probably not close enough to the action.

When I marshal I've constantly got a running commentary from another part of the field coming through my headset, along with descriptions of suspect cheaters and where they are. On the last 3 game days I marshalled I also personally chrono checked every gun used, with another marshal putting cable ties on them and assisting with getting people to queue neatly and be ready to check. (which is like herding cats tbh)

My current pet peeve? Retards with powerful lasers. If I catch the pillock who seemed to be intent on burning people's retinas out (as happened at an event I was at last weekend), i'm going to punch his *fruitcage* lights out.

I love it because they think their bb is going to follow the laser, plus it gives away their position if you dont know where you are already getting shot at.

my pet peeve: People screaming call your hits, or trying to mercy kill from like 50 feet away.

Pap marshals

Yep. One time i marshalled a local game i asked if i could keep my pistol on me, when asked why i told them to watch me and see why. Basically i stood right in the action on one side, in the defending camp, getting blatted away at, watching to see who was taking hits. When a person didn't take three hits in succesion (first two could have been misunderstood as ricochets and such) i then draw and put a .3 from a 300 fps TM into them, in a part that they will feel. At which point they whip round to see me aiming at them, i crack a sly smile and they admit defeat and finally take the hit.

Didn't have a single call of 'take your hits' at the defenders lines, not one :P

Oh that and when they were all waiting for the enemy to advance towards their lines dropping the odd Thunderflash or three ;)

'FireKnife'

I love it because they think their bb is going to follow the laser, plus it gives away their position if you dont know where you are already getting shot at.

my pet peeve: People screaming call your hits, or trying to mercy kill from like 50 feet away.

Thankfully at teh sites i play out, yelling at plp to call/take their hits will get you thrown off the site :D and mercy kills are optional - ie you have no obligation to take a "bang" kill if someone offers it to you

As i proved the first time i attended a now closed site in Bristol. If someone comes up to you and asks you to surrender it is optional. What he learned that day is it is best to keep your gun on the enemy, i learned just how fast i am :P

The only exception was that a touch, actual hand contact with your chest or head was a hit, no arguing.

'FireKnife'

A tap on the shoulder and whispering "You're dead sunshine" in their ear also works.

Though I have bought a Cold Steel training blade for those occasions now.

(and cause knives on your gear look badass)

I'm thinking on a cold steel trainer but i like the Peacekeeper one the best, had the Black Bear and it was a bit too long and thin with that weird grip.

However the best thing to whisper is 'taste the rainbow', creeps people out makes them turn round in fear (though that may just be as they have seen me :P).

'FireKnife'

The one that's annoying me today is people that cant zero sights properly. "I'm hitting him HE IS CHEATING MY LASER IS ON HIS CHEST" yes well done but you are actually shooting the marshal in hi vis 2 foot from him in the throat, well done bellend. and when I am asking you to hold your *fruitcage* fire to let the guy out of the cupboard, even though you have not *fruitcage* hit him, just carry on shooting because that *fruitcage* helps. cockend.

Archived