Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

Feel free to go into it. I am a gamer also. I think its still just a lack of common sense tbh.

Not really a peeve as such, but funny when youre in a semi auto only area and a rental (or similar) goes full auto and gets shouted at, but the guys who are firing back on semi can fire twice as fast as his automatic is hilarious.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you go paint balling in just a pair of glasses ?

Why do people still think Airsoft bbs will do any less damage to soft tissue areas of the body

Maybe its a desire to look cool . ! Not so cool when you have to shell out for the tooth that you are missing ....or god forbid . An eye !

What is your point then?

You are going into a skirmish where bbs can fired at participants from a multitude of angles not to mention site dangers of branch protrusions and trip hazards . If you are wearing the correct protective gear I can't see any problems . You get shot in the head , no problem .

I shoot at whatever is visible or in my line of fire . This is only an issue if you don't wear full face / head protection . Which is what all sites safety briefings advise as an insurance requirement . Go outside this at your own risk ...

Im talking about people purposely waiting for you to come round a corner, (not just poke your head round, go right round) with their barrel waiting at head height. You get told in most briefs to go round a corner with the barrel pointed away from head height, so why wait by them not being safe. It isnt about protecting your face as much as it is not being an idiot and putting others at risk in the first place. With people that dont have the trigger discipline to avoid blue on blue fire its just as dangerous as blind fire. Im not talking down a corridor, im talking centimeters.

Exactly the same issue can arise from friendly fire or if someone inadvertently crosses your line of fire . As long as its not an intentional blind fire or a maliciious act and people are wearing sufficient protection there should not be an issue , not pleasant to be on the receiving end of but in a fast moving contact sport these things can happen . The onus is on individuals to be aware of the risks and protect themselves accordingly .

If people have a problem with being shot at in a sport where the whole game consists of this , maybe they should consider a less Painfull and strenuous pastime .

I may get some hate for this, but my recently acquired biggest airsofting pet peeve is definitely Polar Star fusion engines.  

Alright, to be fair I have nothing against the polar star engines.  I just hate when people abuse the system.  I would understand running one for the instant trigger response or adjustable velocity to bring your main down to field limits, but when you're playing against people cranking out 50 rps at 400 fps with plate carriers full of hicaps, it takes a lot of fun out of the game.  They've recently started showing up all over the place at my local sites; half the time teams end up being balanced based on the amount of polar stars each team has.

Pillocks who don't listen when you're trying to dig them out of a mess.

We had a situation a few weeks back where we were struggling to get past a pair of massive mounds of branches and twigs at the site I play at (EAG Gatwick). We'd been told by the marshals that we were to only assault between the mounds, not around them, but we weren't getting anywhere. We were even being shot whilst standing at our regen area (to which we subjected the sniper to a barrage of abuse and single digit gestures). After a quick talk with a marshal, we were told we could assault up the left, clear out the enemy, then fall back and go through the mounds as we were supposed to.

It literally took me 5 minutes to explain to a group of them that we were now allowed to clear them out. I had to repeat myself over and over, and they still just didn't get it, and i ended up pretty much yelling at them to get them to understand. It took the combined efforts of three of us to get the new rule into their thick heads, and, after being pinned for nearly 20 minutes, we cleared the enemy out and were able to move past the mounds due in no small part to two suicide charges by yours truly (and only really being supported by 2 others, neither of them involved in the explanation or part of the thickies).

I may get some hate for this, but my recently acquired biggest airsofting pet peeve is definitely Polar Star fusion engines.

Alright, to be fair I have nothing against the polar star engines. I just hate when people abuse the system. I would understand running one for the instant trigger response or adjustable velocity to bring your main down to field limits, but when you're playing against people cranking out 50 rps at 400 fps with plate carriers full of hicaps, it takes a lot of fun out of the game. They've recently started showing up all over the place at my local sites; half the time teams end up being balanced based on the amount of polar stars each team has.

We have an answer to this at my friends site , its called a minigun and a strafer , its amazing how quickly people step into line when these guns come into play .they are mainly used for specific gameplay , but do come out if there is an abundance of box mags / high cap heroes upsetting people with v high rate of fire guns ...

What is your point then?

You are going into a skirmish where bbs can fired at participants from a multitude of angles not to mention site dangers of branch protrusions and trip hazards . If you are wearing the correct protective gear I can't see any problems . You get shot in the head , no problem .

I shoot at whatever is visible or in my line of fire . This is only an issue if you don't wear full face / head protection . Which is what all sites safety briefings advise as an insurance requirement . Go outside this at your own risk ...

I think Jonny has a point though, while I wear mesh and encourage others to do the same -- on the other hand, we should take care not to injure our fellow players as much as poss. That is, taking the body shot where possible, especially when around the corners point blank as per the situation first outlined. That also extends to not running hot guns inappropriate for the situation at hand (500 FPS DMRs in a CQB environment) and not misusing kit and gear (lobbing hard shell BFGs overhand, at head height). 

That said, though -- if the head is the only target peeking over a barricade or around a corner, then that will be the shot I take. I would expect others to shoot at my head in the same position if that was all that was available - I would not force gameplay restrictions on others if I didn't wear face prot. 

People that place the stock of the weapon on top of the shoulder, not against it.

People with foregrips and gaspedals that only hold the magwell anyway xD

I used to think like that, but there are situations where a magwell grip can be better than reaching for the foregrip -- really depends on the situation at hand. :)

That's before you even get into the different ways of even using a foregrip..!

I think Jonny has a point though, while I wear mesh and encourage others to do the same -- on the other hand, we should take care not to injure our fellow players as much as poss. That is, taking the body shot where possible, especially when around the corners point blank as per the situation first outlined. That also extends to not running hot guns inappropriate for the situation at hand (500 FPS DMRs in a CQB environment) and not misusing kit and gear (lobbing hard shell BFGs overhand, at head height).

Center mass = highest hit probability and lowest chance of injury. I don't complain about headshots (I don't wear full face) but if you shoot me in the head when you have my entire 19 stone 6ft frame in clear view I'm going to start taking it personally after the first 2 or 3.

And what site allows a 500fps RIF in cqb engagement ranges? I'd like them named so I can avoid them.

Agree with the BFG comment though, throwing a sizeable lump of metal over arm at head height is going to REALLY hurt whoever gets hit by it.

Center mass = highest hit probability and lowest chance of injury. I don't complain about headshots (I don't wear full face) but if you shoot me in the head when you have my entire 19 stone 6ft frame in clear view I'm going to start taking it personally after the first 2 or 3.

And what site allows a 500fps RIF in cqb engagement ranges? I'd like them named so I can avoid them.

Agree with the BFG comment though, throwing a sizeable lump of metal over arm at head height is going to REALLY hurt whoever gets hit by it.

The thing is, even if you aim at centre mass, all it takes is a bit of overhop or a breeze to knock the shot off target (and we're not even mentioning the ballistic performance of a 6MM BB yet :) ) -- I personally never hold it against people if I get hit in the head, because most of the time people aren't aiming there but fate has other ideas. 

Apologies - I didn't clarify, I don't know of any sites in the UK that allow 500 FPS in CQB, but that doesn't mean there are people who will attempt to take such a thing into a close up situation and attempt to use it.

The point I'm trying to make is, we should be responsible for protecting ourselves, but always mindful of what we do and how it will affect others --- common sense really. Look after your fellow player, and hope he/she will look after you as well! :)

What Griff said.

The amount of times I have to squeeze past people, to get to the front of a 15 man stack, to take a charge down a corridor, to instantly get shot in the back by some numpty.

It's not like a mind getting shot, but the walk back to regen is killer!

Do you play at the Mall a lot? :)

Having been marshalling for some time now, i have developed a whole list of pet peeves:

* Talking amongst yourselves during the safety brief - it is the ONLY mandatory bit of the day, i am sure that with a little self control even the rudest of peeps can be polite for 15 minutes.

* Ignoring the game brief - that in itself doesn't bother me. The 15 asks of "Marshal, what are we doing....." does annoy me.

* Players with good situational awareness who only present a gun, their face and an arm but then moan about being shot in the head or face - if you want them to shoot another part of you, make it visable.

* Players who get shot and call themselves out but simply stand there while the battle continues and then have a hissy fit if a couple of strays hit them - move out of the way of the firefight you donut! :no:

* "Marshal, can you keep an eye on a player on the other team, i suspect he may not be calling his hits"

"Sure, what does he look like?"

"He is in combats with a M4"

"Errrrr, okay......" :rolleyes:

If you have a suficient gripe with a player that you wish to direct a marshals attention to them, at least be able to point them out! :D

New peeve for me.

Ex-Forces, be it players or marshals, that can't handle the fact that they're a civ.

Yes buddy, you've been there and done it, I respect that. But stop shouting at me cause you look like you are compensating for an incredibly tiny penis.

Do you play at the Mall a lot? :)

How can you tell?

=D

@ I'm going space.

I usually find shouting beep beep coming through following by piling through the door in a hail of plastic get's people out my way, then gets me back into the game.

Whilst they happily stack in the corridor getting taking out one at a time.

On Topic.

Players that get shot, but don't see where it comes from, won't take the hit until you shine a torch at their face.

One guy on sunday got hit about 5 times, spots me, I yell over asking if I just hit him, he shouts yeah, puts up his hand, then hides behind a pillar and starts returning fire at me....

The mall needs to get a zig zag queing system going , similar to the post office , theme parks . Lol .

Used to get the same at red 1 . Gets really annoying after a while when you have to push past 10 people stacked up at a doorway .

Archived