Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*fruitcage* 'em, start without them.

People who bring out 16 midcaps, fully loaded, yet somehow still run out of ammo completely in 5 minutes. People who talk after they die.

Or 9 year old magee, who ###### himself when plastic starts flying. At the other end of the spectrum, 9 year old commando guy, who will somehow pull an insane, snap headshot with a Double Eagle tri-shot shotgun the moment you stick your head out of cover.

PEOPLE WHO PUSS OUT ON A CHARGE. Just two days ago I was playing CQB at 556 airsoft, and I went for a charge up the right flank. I look back, only one of the four people who were supposed to go with me actually went with me. So I end up all the way out in front (my gun wasn't even working, so that just made things worse), with The Merchant of Venice about 10 feet behind me, and the rest of our team all the way in the back of the facility, tossing each other off.

So, I've noticed that I have a few pet peeves in airsoft.

Notably...

1. People that use hi-caps so they don't have to reload.

2. People that just spray and pray to get their kills by firing off hundreds of rounds into one target when using a non MG (this goes two and two with my first)

3. Grenade launchers that aren't in any way based off of real steel grenade launchers, namely those short XM203 madbul ones.

So, anyone else have some pet peeves in airsoft?

Let me introduce you to romanian airsoft rules:

"No highcaps allowed on anything BUT support weapons"

"Midcaps (max 90-100bbs) are allowed for all general infantry up to 120m/s"

"DMR's, lowcaps only (some 50 rds max)*

1/2 gets solved pretty fast by this. 3.. something that's shooting a bb is still airsoft. Atleast it's 'real', and not some improvised backyard contraption.

My personal pet peeve is people walking casually when they're certain there is no danger. I don't like human certainty.. it's uncertain. That and people that take LARPing too seriously when the other party isent.

I think the one thing that really grinds me is people who don't take their hits.

I usually snipe, and a lot of the time people don't hear where it has come from, and because they cant see me, they assume I can't see them and just shrug it off and carry on. I have a scope, and I can see the BB bouncing off your webbing, take your damn hit!!

I think the one thing that really grinds me is people who don't take their hits.

I usually snipe, and a lot of the time people don't hear where it has come from, and because they cant see me, they assume I can't see them and just shrug it off and carry on. I have a scope, and I can see the BB bouncing off your webbing, take your damn hit!!

this, more than anything.

im a regular at my site, so most folk know that when a single-shot 0.43 hits them....

it isnt me!

no, most folk know that im out there, but noobs tend to look around, cant see anyone, so assume it was something else and carry on.

headshots then tend to dissuade them from doing so!

Imaginary explosives with an imaginary kill radius, in order from irritating to downright stupid:

Baby powder grenades used as "frags".

Thunder grenades used as "frags".

Nerf rockets shot from a tube, meant to be an anti-personnel airburst round.

Foam grenade-shaped balls used as "frags".

Tennis balls used as "frags".

Empty vitamin bottles used as "frags" (yes this actually happened).

we play the "bang" rule at my site and i hate it when you've snuck up on someone and you tell them to take there hit and the turn around and shoot you, dobbers.

-kiffer

That's another pet peeve of mine--people who try to "bang kill" when they don't have a clear shot. Hello, if they managed to turn around and shoot you then you probably didn't have the drop on them!

If you ask someone to surrender you better be ready to plug them if they try to point their gun at you.

People who avoid the chrono. I wanna shoot you in the eyes with my guns if this is you.

People who violate minimum engagement distances. I would shoot back, but then I would be breaking the rules as well, or I would be in respawn...Idiots.

People WHO DON'T CALL THEIR HITS. When they don't I just keep shootin' until they submit.

People who think I'm an idiot for fielding a scoped pistol. I wouldn't have the scope if the pistol sucked now would I?

People who question my FAMAS for being 80% plastic.

This one guy at my field who uses a toy lightsaber in one hand, and a 1911 in the other. He cheats...

Haha, bang kills.

One of my long list of funnies we defo sitting in a dark room at one corner my mate in the other, both at least 5 meters away from the door when it bursts open and in runs some 12 year old shouting take ur hits to which my friend response was "No" and lit him up.

Hate medic rules where someone stands in front shooting next to a tree and his mate sits behind tree tagging him in, solution, my 249 and most of the box mag till they cant take no more.

Not really a hate, but u damn snipers grrr :P Just as i set up a firing position being a big guy and a big target i constantly feel a one shot pain. Stop aiming for the flabby bits!

Bang kills are absolute rubbish.

I don't know where they come from but they should be confined to the hall of shame & forgotten.

Completely open to abuse & always contentious.

By all means have knife kills, or take someone by surprise & give them the option to surrender but BANG-BANG-your-dead? Oh come on!

I've had a guy try to 'bang' me with a broken gun, 'bang' 6 of us at the same time & even 'bang' me in the dark from round the corner. (I did that on purpose ;) )

All of which did not add any pleasure to the game.

Site organisers, please note, the bang rule must go, it's rubbish.

Greg.

Mine has to be bang kills too.

Guy walks into a corridor and shouts "bang".

Expects all 15 people in the corridor to be dead.

True story too. What a fruitcage joke :(

Shouting BANG doesn't turn your M4 replica in a BFG9000 replica.

TBH, I'd rather not play without the bang rule. Its not pleasant lying there shooting at someone then having a guy lean round the corner and loose off a dozen shots into your arm from a meter away. Sometimes you simply cant reach for a knife kill and it would be uneccissarily painful to shoot them.

It's down to the individual but really i'd rather have it clear cut. If a guy rounds a corner and takes me and some team mates by surprise then he might hit a few people before one of us shoots him, or maybe all of us before we can return fire. If he came around the corner and shouted bang and expected all of us to be dead..... that just isn't right is it as it hasn't given us a chance to react and a chance for him to miss.

Also when you do take someone by surprise behind them you usually have enough time and are close enough to shoot for something that isn't painful. Ones i've gone for in the past are, a shot to the helmet, burst to the boot/plate carrier. Bottom line is that if you play airsoft you should expect to get hit and for some of those hits to hurt. It's part of the game :rolleyes:

Had a few new ones at my local site

!. dressing like Neo DOES NOT MAKE YOU THE ONE YOU CANNOT DODGE BB'S YOU MUPPET (well you can, but not when your less than 30 feet away.)

2. teammates suffering english language comprehension dysfunction during an attack (i.e. 'SHOOT AT THE WINDOWS TO KEEP THEIR HEADS DOWN' I charge in and NO-ONE shoots, I get massacred

3. uber snipers - I'm not on about the good ones, ooooh nooo. I'm on about the guys who, usually on your team have EVERY bit of sniping kit available strapped/taped to themselves (including full ghillie suit) who COULDN'T HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN FROM INSIDE THE *frootcagio* THING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! Without a word of a lie I saw this, sniper STANDING IN THE OPEN, full ghillie, with an SPR (sort of). He begins firing. 'pop' 'pop' 'pop pop pop' hmmm 'BRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT' yes he switched to full auto on the spr-ish gun he had and hit, to quote morpheus 'nothing but air' Meanwhile I shoulder my AK with iron sights from twice as far away 'pop' HIT! FS if you cant do it in one shot DONT SNIPE YOU CLOWN!

my pet peeves

1) team identification - or more to the point the complete lack thereof. Happened to me this weekend played in the snow and was on green team - the opposition was blue team meaning they had blue tape on one arm. so i walked round a corner and see i guy his left arm has no tape so i assume he's a friendly, only to find out hes on the opposition as he shots me. I'm now thinking that i'm just gonna shoot if i don't recognise, but then friendlies b*&^% at you. One of the reasons i wanna get into ww2 or some form of "period" airsoft.

2) Hit taking - or the lack thereof

3) Supercharged guns - not everyone has £1000+ to through at a gun that can shoot a flys balls off at 100m with 200rps - exageratted i know but you all know what i mean. also the owners of said guns will walk nonchalantly towards you while sniping at you. also they have a tendancy of not taking their hits as they don't believe that anyone could possibly hit them

4) Team mates giving away your position when your being a sneaky ninja

5) retaking a position then being shot at by not just the enemy but friendlies as well - sometimes all you can do is duck and cover :lol:

6) my guns - being tempramental little b*&^%$s - my inability to kill an entire team because my mag fell out of my gun as i had the drop on them :blush:

i think thats me done for now

People who use full chest rigs and even when 5M away and being shot in the chest by 3 other people dosent take his hits then continues doing that for the rest of the day.

People who tell you what to do and end up geting you killed after 5 mins of being out of the respawn then expect you to follow them around...no chance

1) team identification - or more to the point the complete lack thereof. Happened to me this weekend played in the snow and was on green team - the opposition was blue team meaning they had blue tape on one arm. so i walked round a corner and see i guy his left arm has no tape so i assume he's a friendly, only to find out hes on the opposition as he shots me. I'm now thinking that i'm just gonna shoot if i don't recognise, but then friendlies b*&^% at you. One of the reasons i wanna get into ww2 or some form of "period" airsoft.

We solved this here in Norway by dividing the teams into camo. It works well if you can manage to remember the patterns :P

We solved this here in Norway by dividing the teams into camo. It works well if you can manage to remember the patterns :P

The only problem that i can see, is that a lot of people wont like being told they cant use their (something) because the other team is full.

Im guessing in Norway it is common place, so everyone probably has two sets if camo, just in case. Trying to impliment this in England would be a problem from those who book into a game, without reading the camo rules for the day, then complaining when they cant be on the same team as their dad/wife/mate.

Archived