Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the shape of the reciever is almost like an M4, and if you were daft enough you could put a M4 grip and stock on it... but I won't, and honestly, who the hell would?

Inferior ###### like that does not belong on my beloved H&K ;)

The HK416 is reengineered from the ground up, but made to look, and in part feel, like a familiar weapon system so American grunts would be capable of operating it :P

1 : team members not backing you up , as in you move up on a bunker or what not and you look around and your on your own ! and the rest off the team are standing waaaayyyy off back trying to shooting over the top !!!!

2 : team members ambling around the site like there on a sunday stroll , were not talking uber ninja mode or eny thing but at least try and be a little bit tactical .

3 : better still you spend 10mins crawling slowly through the bush to get the drop on the other team and just as your in postion some bone head smashes through the bush behind you and shouts "there they are ! " and you get owned !!!!

4 : and pimple faced little gimboyds shouting instructions at you !

I would too have done the same, however this particular game required no tactical lights and lasers. It was an all lights out game in an enclosed room.

In that case you were just being used as bait, so that the NVGers could have a laugh at your expense.

Not exactly fun. :(

Exactly what were the rules regarding blind fire? In theory, you are telling me that you couldn't have got a shot off unless you had NV.

I suppose the only tell tail in that situation would have been the 'back illumination' projected onto the nv users faces. Or the feint red glow of dodgey IR illuminators.

Greg.

I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic *fruitcage* hatreds.

I could go on for ages, but I've gotta go to work, laters.

That was a great list.

I don't actually agree with much of it but that ain't the point. :D

You're obviously having a bad day. :(

Greg.

-Angel- what in the world are you talking about??? :blink:

When people try to hit a player way out of their range by holding the gun at their hip and aiming up

I like pointing a few metres ahead of me on the ground, and then gesturing upwards to help them out.

I dont like people who stand back and do nothing while respawn is still on. I can see you being less risky when repawn is over, however if you dont want to gain ground because of a 1 minute walk to and from the regen point, that makes me annoyed.

People who take the game to seriously, like getting upset that they didn't win.

People who spray you at close range, one or two shots will do

However it is all in good fun and i wouldn't let any peeves get in my way of a good day, are you?

The getting lit up over and over thing after you've called your hit. Yeah that sucks bad. Probably my biggest pet peeve. Like Penquin stated the lazy attitude at the respawn is a pain as well. If you lose momentum you lose the fight. Yet it's all about fun and enjoying ourselves so at the end of the let it go and go enjoy an adult beverage if you're of age.

After playing this bloody game for 7 years now i can boil down all of my pet peeves to the one that makes me rage the most.

I play alone a lot as people dont know how to move properly, communicate or shut the hell up when required, they tend to get me killed by proximity.

So when i've worked my way behind the enemy's line, crawling for 20 minutes, Set up the perfect spot, concealed from view. 2 scrotes walk into my sight and i give them both a quick burst. They look around, surprised that they have been hit. They then decide that

A ) because they are surrounded only by friendlies

B ) they cant see where it came from

C )their enemy couldn't POSSIBLY have got behind them

They ignore it. Now i cant call them out because i'll give my position away and ruin the effort it took to get there, nor can i drill them on full auto for a minute, for the same reasons. I simply have to bite my tongue, relocate and try somewhere else in the hope that my next victims have more sportsman like behaviour.

This happens to me all the time.

I hate it SO MUCH!!

Darkchild

ditto on that one darkchild. In the case of first time or relatively new players it can be put down to ignorance but when it's a player who's played the game a few times it's just lack of common sense and poor sportsmanship.

Ok, the shape of the reciever is almost like an M4, and if you were daft enough you could put a M4 grip and stock on it... but I won't, and honestly, who the hell would?

Inferior ###### like that does not belong on my beloved H&K ;)

The HK416 is reengineered from the ground up, but made to look, and in part feel, like a familiar weapon system so American grunts would be capable of operating it :P

It's an AR-15 with an AR-18 piston bodged on to it.

It's not bad, but the only HK-part of it is the price tag and level of elitism that comes with it.

Oh yeah, and rabid HK-fanboys (aka Kochsuckers) and AR-haters are kinda some of my pet peeves.

Note that with exception of my MG3 (Rheinmetal), all my airsoftguns are replicas of H&K weapons.

Guess that makes me a hypocrite :P

my new pet peeve is seeing people turning ther guns upside down when they take their magazine out to reload. its 4 bbs and it takes you 4 times as long to get a reload done. drop the rounds an get back in the fight.

also, people who choose really bad moments to ask me questions about my gun. we are defending a base against swarms of enemy and you want to know what kind of vertical grip i like?!

They ignore it. Now i cant call them out because i'll give my position away and ruin the effort it took to get there, nor can i drill them on full auto for a minute, for the same reasons. I simply have to bite my tongue, relocate and try somewhere else in the hope that my next victims have more sportsman like behaviour.

This happens to me all the time.

Aim for the face. :D

For me, it has to be when I am hit, pull my dead rag out, put my gun over my head and should "I'm hit don't shoot me" and I get shot from 5 feet away from 3 guys in the face.

Now i sound like a hypocrite. <_<

People who feel that it's wise to shout "hit" only once during a lights out game of CQB... I'm sure you know where this is going.

I'll also reiterate what Darkchild said. I've sneaked around people numerous times only to have people ignore it and blow it off as friendly fire or ricochets. Same stuff happens with snipers and DM's as well.

What's so hard about calling a damned hit?

I Hate that people feel the need to tell others how to play or do in an airsoft game. everyone has paid to be there so irrespective of whether the players are hanging around the respawn point talking or running around like a loon its up to them.

I also hate when people have the nerve to diss other people equipment. My mate before he went out to a game was told not to bother take that piece of S""# onto the field by another player. (it was a dboys m4, stock and brand new)

What I love is the enthusiasm really young players show for the game (even though they cheat so much), plus the amount of stamina they have. 6 of us were kept back by one kid with a shottie. he held us back for 15min at an out door feild Very imbarressing for us.

What's so hard about calling a damned hit?

Simple answer: Pride.

2nd answer: Fuss.

-----------------

Having run games, marshalled games and played games for 12 years, I have lots of pet peeves.

In general:

1) Having no common sense, bending rules to "win", like respawning right in front/behind oppositing team's assaulting players while they over run their base, and then capping them in the back/front. If you don't want people doing the same thing to you don't do it to them...

From a player's perspective:

1) Team mates incompetance/self-fishness to getting myself, or other team members killed

2) The lack of/missing/highly convoluted concept of leadership, from top down to fireteam level

3) Cheating

4) People bitching out loud about how other people are cheating on the field, while they themselves are usually the cheaters or the most up-gunned players on the field.

5) Talking down on noobs.

From a commanders perspective (applies to scenario games only):

1) Team members disobeying pre-agreed plans on their own account

2) Team members incompetance/self-fishness to getting other team members killed and or jeopardise the teams ability to achieve an objective.

3) Unclear/lack of achieveable objectives set by game planners

4) Indecisive game planners

5) Sign that there is a lack of planning involved, or planning allowed.

From a game planners/marshall's perspective:

1) Not listening to game briefs, because "they don't want to be told what to do", or "can't be arsed I want to shoot people my way". This is how games go from good to bad.

2) Cheating

3) Bitching, because their section didn't get any firefight for half an hour in a whole day game.

4) Other Marshalls making exceptions to rules or changing game rules half way through the game, without consultation with other marshalls/game planner

In scenario games, I HATE games where there is very little control/ability to influence and plan on the strategic level. Without strategic level planning, it is nothing more than a tactical shooter, which in essence is speedball with sneaky flanking. It decends into chaos very quickly. Hence I don't participate in games like these anymore.

I also hate players who are the loud obnoxious and posey (usually overweight) who think they know everything there is to know about airsoft/war (some are ex-mil), talks down on noobs and others alike. And because they are loud people give him command, and sends his entire team to get slaughtered because of bad strategy/planning, then ends up going solo, gets captured/capped in the head, and the bitches and complains about how his team left him. I see these people all too often.

Unfortunately same can be said about team members who do abandon their team to do their own thing because they think they know best, and ruining the game for their team mates and the other players being in the wrong place at the wrong time. DS's also can make the same mistake.

I also hate players who are the loud obnoxious and posey (usually overweight) who think they know everything there is to know about airsoft/war (some are ex-mil), talks down on noobs and others alike. And because they are loud people give him command, and sends his entire team to get slaughtered because of bad strategy/planning, then ends up going solo, gets captured/capped in the head, and the bitches and complains about how his team left him. I see these people all too often.

QFT!! i also hate these types, hence my decision to stay away from other players where possible.

Nothing worse than some nobber that was in the TA 20 years ago mouthing off like they are some famours general. Same reason I dont try to command people in an airsoft environment (aside from the fact that i dont want to bring my work to playing field), I dont want poeple to think the same about me :P

Darkchild

Archived