Ares WA2000

BrooklynBorn

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARES is my FAVORITE airsoft company by a mile! Second would be RS - but just becuase thye make very nice guns. Ares has the innovation and the guns I love - like the 2000. I have loved these since reading Rainbow six many many years ago.

Well Star, which Ares was making stuff for, isnt my favourite...their L1A1 was junk. But Ive loved the Wa2000 since reading about it in the R. Talsorian Compendium of Modern Firearms back in '89 :D

AEG/Spring/Compressed Air/Propane/CO2 ??? Are they really going to leave it that silver finish? Needs more info.

My guess (and it is a guess) is that it will be CO2 in the magazine, similar to their DSR-1 and other sniper rifles. My DSR-1 is a dog. I have yet to get it to work correctly. I hope this one will be different, as I have ALWAYS wanted a WA-2000. Hopefully the scope will be included.

Its funny how coveted the wa2000 is, at least the Asahi one..

If you take one apart, you'll realize its just alum tubing and alum plates around the engine.

The engine... whew, took me awhile to figure out how they got all that together, but it is simple once to you break down what the different processes are. I won't dare hack the board to see what it is fully comprised of ( nor do I think the owner would appreciate that)

I wonder if Ares can copy the Asahi's Multi-stage process... That would be very interesting indeed.

im pretty sure they will just have regular gas sniper rifle guts in there with a simple Black(the video game) type shooting action.

if its similarly priced to the DSR1, its on my list, if not, ill keep saving for an asahi.

their performance issues are fixable though.

im just NOT enjoying the price of the CO2 mags that are available for the current models. $100, its *fruitcage* ridiculous.

EDIT: wow, i just looked at their coming soon page. apparently, they are shooting for semi auto blow back, running on CO2 or top gas. im having seccond thoughts about it though, its just another GBBR and they arent that usable for sniping. hopefully its not that heavy and i can use it for DM work.

love this gun, but did you spot the C-M200 on there coming soon page.

http://www.aresairsoft.com/coming.html

That gun piques my interests as well. Looks like the Nemesis arms .308 suitcase gun

My friend Sal recently picked one up (Nemesis arms). I wonder if they will make theirs take down to that level as well. Or even supply a Suitcase.

Archived