What's wrong with Wolf Armouries?

Panoptes

Wolf has recently taken on a new manager, so things should be changing for the better soon...

really? it coudnt get anyworse. nother friend folishy went there today for some retail therapy and managed to come out of the shop with the same amount he went in with. When he distracted the 4 members of staff in the back (well only one looked up) and enquired about a Tanaka SAA was tiold they didn't do Tanaka guns.

My friend ponted out an M66 and was told tj=hat was the only revolver they had. Heedless to say he did point out the 3 below it as being wheel guns too and did decline the very untempting price of £265 for the M66 and went home.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I also add on another fact, although I am unsure of how significant it is.

There is a slim chinese bloke who works there, seems to be fairly senior as far as his position at the shop is concerned. We got chatting once and turns out he's from Singapore too although he's since settled here. Ever since, he's been the person I deal with on a regular basis.

There is a slim chinese bloke who works there, seems to be fairly senior as far as his position at the shop is concerned. We got chatting once and turns out he's from Singapore too although he's since settled here. Ever since, he's been the person I deal with on a regular basis.

I spoke to him when I went in for the first and last time, and I must admit out of all the staff he was a nice guy and helped alot and explained stuff to me like I was an intelligent human being that was into his late 20s, rather than the other guy (with the beard) who spoke to me like I was a bottom feeder or something, Ive spent 9 years in the armed forces and even officers dont speak to me like the way he did and I let my feelings be known to him, if it had been a bad day and he apologised then all would have been good, but he didnt, just got told if I have a problem with it, then leave. So I did, and have never used them since. I would rather sell a kidney and a couple of fingers than pay their over the top prices and lack of politness and customer care.

It seems to be over the last few years really, I bought my first AEG from them(long before UKARA) and it was reasonably priced and they were helpful when I phoned them with questions on parts needed. But now? avoid at all costs, go without until someone else gets it in stock.

I also remember buying my very first AEG from them by walking in to the shop late one evening back in about '05. At that time, all the staff I spoke to seemed pretty happy to help and I got a good little intro to clearing jams etc from one of them on the particular gun I was buying. The whole thing of leaving your stuff out the front seemed kinda weird, but once I'd got my rifle they were helpful in getting it good and packaged up for me to take home on the train.

At that particular time, the AEG I wanted cost me just the same to get from them as it would have from anywhere else online, however even back then a lot of other items seemed pretty over priced. The last time I even went on to their website was probably over 2 years ago now. When I was still checking on it occasionally prices were getting steadily higher in an entirely unjustifiable manner, and when they eventually got in a load of Chinese stock the prices and the method in which they were describing them was pretty awful I felt.

Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, they come pretty high up on a google search for airsoft retailers in the UK, and the position of their shop and heavy marketing mean a lot of new people go straight there. But when you have places in the UK like fire-support, land warrior and action hobbys running that have just excellent service there's no reason to give your hard earned money to a shop like wolf. If you're happy to go overseas then I've also found wgc, tokyo model, ehobby and rsov to be a absolute pleasure to deal with.

I remember the first time i went in there cash in hand and all.I think the JG M4 had just come out and i was told i was an idiot for asking if they were gonna stock it my reply was ...well arrogant and i got the famous if i dont like it them i can leave .

So i asked for a refund on the parts that i had just brought and i left i dont think he liked that i gave them money and i was nearly out the door when i asked for it back.

AFAIK I've only ordered from them once, and I paid £40 for 2 Guarder Chunky scope mounts. I was a bit nervous about ordering online so I gave them a call and it seemed as if the guy on the other end had something better to do by the way he was rushing me!

Anyway I've just taken a look at their site and I'm pretty interested in the firearm handling courses run by Titan. Of course I'm going straight to Titans website to sign myself up ;)

Josh

To be honest I got on OK with the asian guys when I used to use WOlf but as I now have the far more friendly and competant Combat South just down the road I see no good reason whatsoever to bother with a 2 hour journey to be treated like the £7000+ I've put over the counter there means nothing, so all in all what's wrong with Wolf, quite a lot, not least the attitude of the staff and the in house tech, the disorganisation and to be honest the over pricing. Whats right, occasionally they can be kind of helpful in an accidental kind of way.

Their prices, their service, and the fact that they are still open for business.

They are the Evike of the UK; preying on the hapless n00bs of the airsoft world.

Do yourself a favour and go to FireSupport or Elite Shooting Centre instead ;)

Ben.

Still sore is it Ben...it was a big barrel and I bet it went in dry...still, that Tanaka eh..?!

I was waiting to be allowed into the back (really...) and the girl at the front (looooooooooooots of piercings) was wrapping up a TOP M60 for 'Little Jimmy' - a teenager whose mum was buying for him...probably 15-16 years old.

Part of me wanted to go over to the counter, scream 'noooooooooooooo! Don't buy that gun, ever!' and not let mum and kid not spunk £500 down the shi**er, especially to line Wolf's pockets.

Part of me wanted to let the mum buy it unmolested, have Little Jimmy *badgeress* and moan when the epic fail gun epically failed and for middle-class mum to rip Wolf a new a*se hole everytime she came in with the 4 foot box to get it repaired.

I went with the second part. I did think Wolf were especially cruel to sell such a pony gun to a kid. I guess Rambo fixations beat internet research. I think this was about 2 years ago.

That'll learn Little Jimmy.

TBH you can all complain all you want at the end of the day if you want something done properly its done in person, Ive had brilliant customer service with every staff member there so far. I'm sure if you did approach them with an improper attitude, your bound to get what you give. With their internet problem. as their stock gets replenished so often, its rather difficult to keep track and update items. Larger companies have the assets to aquire electronic tagging and staff to process orders so think before you flame. :D

TBH you can all complain all you want at the end of the day if you want something done properly its done in person, Ive had brilliant customer service with every staff member there so far. I'm sure if you did approach them with an improper attitude, your bound to get what you give. With their internet problem. as their stock gets replenished so often, its rather difficult to keep track and update items. Larger companies have the assets to aquire electronic tagging and staff to process orders so think before you flame. :D

Even when people have gone in, spent money, and then asked for a refund because of the awfulness of the service?

I would quit airsoft if these people were the only retailers.

TBH you can all complain all you want at the end of the day if you want something done properly its done in person, Ive had brilliant customer service with every staff member there so far. I'm sure if you did approach them with an improper attitude, your bound to get what you give. With their internet problem. as their stock gets replenished so often, its rather difficult to keep track and update items. Larger companies have the assets to aquire electronic tagging and staff to process orders so think before you flame.

LOL!

do you work there?

LOL!

do you work there?

Subtle post eh? ;)

So, I will assume that LeLionNoire is something to do with Wolf.

So I have...oh... 15+ years in IT and front line retail management and service.

Let me tell you straight, your retail operation is frankly terrible. Your customer service ought to be called customer offending and you dare to come on here and not actually listen to what people are saying but instead blame the customers for bringing an attitude with them? Out freaking ragious!

Pull your head out of your parking zone and stop treating paying customers as the problem.

You bunch of retarded, smug, idiots!

The customer is always right, even when he is wrong.

You treat a customer with respect, right up until the point where he gets rude or offensive. If you have caused this to happen, you still have to treat them with respect.

This is the problem guys and gals. They don't realise or care that they are the problem. Bloody idiots!

Bah... they have gone from a central location in London to one in Camden thats more in line with a Pron shop.

Business MUST be good! :rolleyes::D

Archived