What's wrong with Wolf Armouries?

Panoptes

quoting 'hwagens' post

i now have the m16 and converted to an m4 variant however. sent the m16 off to get sorted turns out wolf armories did not put any lubrication inside the mechbox at all and pretty much put second hand gears inside the gearbox and! the gearbox case was cracked which meant it was loosing alot of compression.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quoting 'hwagens' post

i now have the m16 and converted to an m4 variant however. sent the m16 off to get sorted turns out wolf armories did not put any lubrication inside the mechbox at all and pretty much put second hand gears inside the gearbox and! the gearbox case was cracked which meant it was loosing alot of compression.

Dont get me started on Wolf.

Sent me an sa80 at missing its foresight, told me 'you dont really need it' when i asked where the heck it was!

Then tried to claim it had been taken off by the engineer doing the 'downgrade' for me.

(travel case foam was also torn)

I spoke to a few chaps about this and another forum user on a recently defunct other forum told me that they had tried to sell him the exact same one a few weeks earlier.

Called them to source a replacement cocking handle after the one of in snapped clean off a week into owning it and i was not amused - they simply were not interested

I raised this on said forum and was called a liar by them, great customer relations guys!

As you can imagine I never bought anything from them again and made sure *everybody* i knew was advised not to give them any custom. To be honest im staggered they stay in business.

edit: recently the FPS on my '80 dropped to about 130. Looking inside i found the spring had screwed its way up the guide so only laf of it was being used and that the 'downgrade' looked like it had been done by a chimp with a pair of tin snips hacking at the spring.

I was less than impressed.

Big display of BB bottles on counter. I mean BIG, in your face, massive, impressive.

3 guys huddled around a computer watching pron or Youtube.

I asked if they had any deals on BB's, looked at display next to me, typically like most stuff in that shop, with no price on it.

" No deals " 3 guys giving me the evil eye...

I asked if they had Gen 3 SRC guns as several emails to them asking this had been ignored.

Apparently they don't sell SRC due to ROHC regulations.

The big *sigh* and glance at the big stack of SRC Gen 2 boxes... well that spoke of a different truth I think.

Utter utter bottom holes.

1, I wonder if they know how much they are universally hated?

2, And how did it go with that pathetic game site they were giving away discounts with?

1, It's obvious to me, that they don't give a monkeys.

2, They don't care about me & in return, I reciprocate. I am not the least bit interested in their site or anything they are doing.

However, I do think that threads like this carry value, to warn others that there are far better alternatives. In this case the 'far better alternatives' are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, any one else. :(

Greg.

I once visited the place with shiny floors, pushed the security buzzer on the front, no answer for about 5 minutes, at which point some lack lustre guy came swanning to the door and let us in. I was initially impressed at the front of the shop where its all clothing, and the young guy was friendly enough, it all went wrong going out the back. Now bearing in mind the 2 guys I was with had not only put about 15 grand across the counter over the past few years, but were regulars to the electrowerks. I went in not noticing the tiny little sign covered up by boxes that says dont touch anything. i fingered an M500SSB to which point a guy shouted across the shop at me to put it down(I hadnt even picked it up), another guy seemed nice enough and explained the shop rules to me, so the bloke that shouted at got given the run around whilst I looked at everything. You cant even use the action on stuff, so you cant really test anything at all. Now being in the forces my immature sense of humour kicked in and I took great glee in making the idiots life as hard as possible, everytime he sat down for a swig of his tea, I was there asking a question or asking to look at something. He spoke to me like I was an idiot so it was the least I could do. When we finally left I said quite loudly "well I wont be using this s**t outfit again, and by the the way the guy with the beard out back needs to get a job he enjoys"

I have never shopped with them since, and neither have the peeps I was with.

i've only dealt with them twice, and never again!

The first time, i went in the shop, credit card in hand, wanting to buy a gas shotgun. I wasnt allowed to look at it, try it out, take it out of the box, or even TOUCH it! Why the hell am i going to hand over my hard earned money for something im not allowed to see? I can understand not letting children play with things, but im a 30 year old bloke! :blink:

Needless to say i took my money elsewhere, and got the shotty for alot cheaper :D

The second time, i was in desperate need of a new piston for my Top m60. They were the only UK website i could find showing one, so i grudgingly phoned up, made the order and gave them my card details. 2 weeks later nothing has arrived in the mail. I phone them up, and they have no record of my purchase :angry2:

So i reorder, give them my card details again, and wait another 2 weeks..... still nothing! :headbutt:

I phone them again, and its out of stock. They just didnt feel it important to let me know that, and went ahead and charged my card anyway. By then i was pretty fed up. So cancelled the order, got a refund, and ordered it from Hong Kong, which turned up 3 days later. 2 weeks later i recieved another piston, from Wolf! Despite canceling the order, they had sent one out, AND charged me for it with out asking... i couldnt be bothered with the hastle of dealing with them anymore to sort it out :rolleyes:

Back when I was less of a naive newcomer to airsoft, I bought my first GBB pistol from Wolf. I received terrible customer service, but was keen to get my first gun, so I went ahead with the purchase anyway. After two weeks of waiting for them to spray it two-tone (which they charged 15 quid for anyway), I finally phoned them and got the response "Oh... yeh it'll be done tomorrow". I went in that evening after work to pick it up and their tech was just leaving. I asked for my gun and he went and got it. The paint was still wet.... the bastards had only just painted it with Krylon 20 minutes before my arrival... what happened to the two *fruitcage* weeks I'd been waiting?

I went in to ask them about ordering in a Chinese HK416 and they guy nearly spat on me for asking. It was almost like I had asked him to blow me. He said he wouldn't touch clone gear with a ten-foot pole and that I was an idiot for wanting one. Two weeks later they started getting in DBOYS guns... hypocrites! After everything they turned around and started stocking DBOYS!

It gets weirder... I went in to ask for a gear-set for my JG AUG A3 and they pretty much told me that I was an idiot for buying a JG... really?

I've stopped going there altogether and I've bought my last batch of equipment from a much more reputable dealer. I just can't handle being treated like scum any more, especially when I am about to provide them with custom.

Wolf are a law unto themselves...

Guns on display you cant touch or buy.

More staff than customers.

Lacklustere service at best.

The list goes on and on.

I remember a friend going in and asking for a specific pistol to be told by them they didn't stock that brand or make, only for my friend to point to one hanging on the wall behind the counter above 3 or 4 boxes of said pistol.

I have walked into wolf's backroom, messed around with their guns, taken stuff out for a look from their boxes, gotten freebies and discounts and all that. And I do all that pretty often too.

You want a nice service there, it helps to wear a skirt. :P

I somehow don't think I'd get your level of service out of 'em if I wore a skirt..... :wide-eyed:

I once bought a P90 from the website, arrived in plenty of time and was the cheapest available in the UK at the time (approx 6 years ago)

This is the retailer that was known on UKAN as "outofstock.com"

They have stuff on their website listed as "out of stock, pre-order and get 10% off". Look it up on WGC or Redwolf and it is listed as "Discontinued".

they had the asahi M134 on their website under the guise of 'out of stock' for years and years, despite it becoming a collectors item a long while beforehand! disgraceful. a freind of a friend bought a dragunov, and a year later they were still waiting for it to 'come back into stock'. the guy was stupid to think the gun would have ever shown up after that length of time but i believe he's still waiting.

they had the asahi M134 on their website under the guise of 'out of stock' for years and years, despite it becoming a collectors item a long while beforehand! disgraceful. a freind of a friend bought a dragunov, and a year later they were still waiting for it to 'come back into stock'. the guy was stupid to think the gun would have ever shown up after that length of time but i believe he's still waiting.

THAT's why I walk in and ask them whether it is actually on order.

If you want good reliable online service, go to landwarrior. They sure have a lot fewer negative feedback with regards to online service. With Wolf, your best bet is to walk into their brick and mortar shop and even that is no guarentee of success.

I personally seem to have been lucky.

You want a nice service there, it helps to wear a skirt. :P

I think that sums them up pretty well.

Appeal to their basic instincts & you're a winner.

Expect decent, professional service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NO. :(

Greg.

I think that sums them up pretty well.

Appeal to their basic instincts & you're a winner.

Expect decent, professional service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NO. :(

Greg.

Their basic instincts should include money, which means everyone who walks through the door should appeal to them.

Maybe you should go in in a skirt, and test PunkyPink's theory? :D

1, Their basic instincts should include money, which means everyone who walks through the door should appeal to them.

2, Maybe you should go in in a skirt, and test PunkyPink's theory? :D

1, No, money is way up the evolutionary path. I'd say they haven't got that far yet.

2, How do you know I haven't already tried that? :huh:

Greg.

Archived