SRC GBBs

The Badger

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I liked it better when they were running on magic...

A pistol grip fed line would be nice, but I'm not sure that I'd be up for running around with an air tank on my back on top of my normal gear.

he didnt mean an external line, he meant the C02 capsules in the pistol grip.

I see what youre talki about now, Whitehawk. But i still have no clue......

Im going against almost everyone here, im hoping theyre GIM, because:

1. I hate External rigs, that the primary reason i moved to airsoft from paintball.

2. I dont feel like changing C02 capsules from the pistol grip every couple mags.

I know you guys are overlooking this( thats sarcasm for serious people), but notice how the M4( NBBs) say C02, but the "GBB" dont? If they ran off C02 wouldnt they just say so like they did with the M4's

Im going against almost everyone here, im hoping theyre GIM, because:

1. I hate External rigs, that the primary reason i moved to airsoft from paintball.

2. I dont feel like changing C02 capsules from the pistol grip every couple mags.

I know you guys are overlooking this( thats sarcasm for serious people), but notice how the M4( NBBs) say C02, but the "GBB" dont? If they ran off C02 wouldnt they just say so like they did with the M4's

I'm right with you there. The only other good solution, other than GIM, would be a big gas tank in, say, the foregrip and allowing to use AEG mags. On the other hand, that allows unrealistic hi-cap mags, and probably no bolt-stop function either on the last bb. Which is a drag. So yeah, GIM is fine even if the initial monetary investment is higher :P

OT: GBBR with gas in mag "forces" lowcap use, and thus takes down the amount of disposable bbs in a game too which i think will force people to be mobile and use tactical manouvers to overcome opposition rather than hosing every movement. That way I see it as a positive direction for the game. These days you can buy a quality GBBR (read: KJW M4) and like 7 mags for 500USD + shipping. Back when i started airsofting in '04, you got "roughly" the same amount of mags and a poopy CA Aeg for that kind of money. Comparing my first M15a4 AEG which broke down after like 3 games with a full blown GBBR shooting 400fps out of the box and with a reputation for taking 10,000bbs just shows us how far we have come.

If these SRC offerings are even semi-skirmishable and semi-affordable, things are looking up indeed. And if they follow the footsteps of the KJW/TK M4 and offer a well tought out airsoft GBBR that does not bend over backward trying to mimic the RS internals and instead focus on making a good airsoft rifle, well, then I'm going to buy one just for the sake of it :D

Their M4 a few months ago had the CO2 go directly in the magwell. you needed special mags, with giant holes in them for the co2 capsule to go in.

It was a dumb idea. They would have make an assload of money had they let the gun feed using AEG mags, and let gas be inserted somewhere else, very easily accessible.

Pistol grip works great, but it may limit aftermarket grips like MIAD's or TD grips. Could work great for the G36's and MP5's

Buffer tube- could work, as long as the stock didn't close. Again, possibly leads to problems with those wanting aftermarket stocks. Only for M4's

Handguard- would probably work for all NON-Armalites, at least most of them.

Magazine- specialized mags, pricey, and another reason to complain.

Just my rantings. Interpret it any way you want.

I'm just a bit skeptical on these. That's all

you need GIM or a External rig hands down.

Anything else it would take a good 2 mins to swap CO2/Air.

^^^ this.

That's the biggest problem I've got with GIG systems, depending on how big your CO2 capsule/tank is you could be switching it out every couple mags, not to mention the time it would take to swap out the old one with the new one.

Surprised URPeacekeeper's not been in on this one yet!

Quite excited by the G36. co2 in grip (what IS that xray pic top left showing in the grip exactly?) would be great for me. I wonder where the regulator stuff will be.

Why? Because it says SRC? I only come running if it says "M14" ;)

I really can't afford a GBBR anytime soon which explains why I tend to avoid topics like this. I've got about 200$ worth of milling accessories to buy before I can even consider a fun toy to play around with anyway so dont expect me to jump on the bandwagon with these guns. :(

Personally, speculation would dictate that the CO2 system we saw with the M4's is highly flawed, but props for innovation. If you look in some of the pictures of the G36 lower, you can see metal ribbing in the Grip on the G36, from the picture it looks like it is designed for a CO2 cartridge in the grip. I could be entirely wrong though but thats what it looks like to me. It could be anything really.

There is a problem when producing GBBR's, there are two camps and the aftermarket is really only interested in supporting one, which dictates how sales will go... Those camps are obviously those of us who want efficiency and those of us who want realism... this can clearly be seen in the GBBR's out today, with the KJW, and the WE offering less realism, more efficiency and less moving parts, where as the WA focus on realism first, efficiency later. Trying to do both is cost prohibative, and for the aftermarket means more complicated parts. As a result, I hope for SRC's sake they pick a camp and hang in there like WE and KJW have done with their GIM guns, because I doubt that they will see much aftermarket support unless they become stupid popular stupid fast.

^^^ this.

That's the biggest problem I've got with GIG systems, depending on how big your CO2 capsule/tank is you could be switching it out every couple mags, not to mention the time it would take to swap out the old one with the new one.

^^^that.

Changing CO2 powerlets in the field sucks. Maybe the tank-in-grip design could work if they designed a cam-lock to puncture the seal and hold the capsule in place instead of a fiddly screw.

Even if you could swap powerlets quickly, it's an added layer of hassle and 12g is too small. For a skirmishable gas-in-gun design, you need a bigger tank and efficient NBB action like the unloved Walther SG9000.

in the GHK PDW thread someone said they noticed there were G36 bodies in the background either when they visited the shop or in a photo or video, either way, looks highly probably that it is being made as GIM in conjunction with GHK

That was me. I just noticed in the video. :D

Nice, hopefully they did some kind of product improvement on the GHK ak to make it skirmishable out-of-the box.. The GHK had a proprietary hopup, right? So if the SRC indeed uses AEG hop/barrel it implies that they have done a product improvement, esp. in important areas such as hop design. Will be interesting to see how the G36 is tho, as it is the first airsoft GBBR G36.

Hope the tt-33 comes out soon. Still waiting on the WE Hipower and KWA CZ-75.

Same as meself lad.

I guess its just easier to keep churning out countless M4 & Ak varients as apposed to new designed products, althought you cant fault WE or KWA too much for that.

Archived