G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advantage is I now have a G36k with a full complement of mags (I actually use mids, but they have ghetto magpulls on so I use the hicap in photos).

Without the magwell i'd have a G36k with one mag, if that.

And the difference in how many I can carry, i'd get 4 STANAGs in my vest, but i'd only get 2 G36.

I've nothing against G36 mags, it's just I can't afford to buy two lots of mags when I really don't need to.

It looks like a STAR or Classic Army that he just took the leaf sight off of. M I Rite?

And yeah, I used my 16-pound AG36 for half a day of skirmishing yesterday (before switching to one of my others - got to let them all have action or they get jealous) and man, I feel it in my neck today, even with my padded sling.

hi guys, any of you know if a B&T G36C handguard will take a battery? I have a pic of one but just cant decide.

I'll probably buy one anyway cos they look so good but i'd like to know before hand.

Darkchild

Edit: this is what i'm talking about

BThandguard.jpg

Edited by darkchild130
hi guys, any of you know if a B&T G36C handguard will take a battery?  I have a pic of one but just cant decide.

I'll probably buy one anyway cos they look so good but i'd like to know before hand.

Darkchild

Edit: this is what i'm talking about

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/dar...BThandguard.jpg

Send a PM to 6ft4, he has one of that.

Can someone quickly confirm something for me?

Are the rail screw holes on a CA36k the same distance apart as on a 36c?

Just all the rails i'm finding seem to say G36c, I didn't think there was a difference and figure this is just because the c variants were around first but I don't want to order and have wasted time/money.

Can someone quickly confirm something for me?

Are the rail screw holes on a CA36k the same distance apart as on a 36c?

Just all the rails i'm finding seem to say G36c, I didn't think there was a difference and figure this is just because the c variants were around first but I don't want to order and have wasted time/money.

They are exactly the same. Rails made for the G36c, long or short, will fit the K just fine.

Hey Cali, can you give us a link to where we can get that? That looks stunning, but I get the feeling it costs as much as a few bodily organs. How tough an install is it, looks fairly simple.

Someone already linked to where, so I'll answer the second question.

Install isn't too bad. I have a CA, so I can't comment how different the TM would be, if at all. Probably same procedure.

On the outer barrel, there is a cross bar that needs to be filed down because the inside of the B&T rail is narrower. Also, the B&T fits AGAINST the front of the G36 body, instead of OVER it like the typical handguard. Unfortunately, the AEG body seems to end further forward that real steel, meaning I had to sand off a bit, maybe 2mm, so the handguard pin hole on the B&T lined up with the AEG one. Need to be careful to keep the angle the same. Doing these 2 things does NOT affect the regular AEG handguard fitting in any way. Also, the pin hole on the B&T is slightly smaller than the AEG one, so I opted to use a real steel pin instead of using the AEG one and filing the B&T hole larger.

Sorry, I don't have the camera handy or I'd post pics of the areas I'm talking about, I realize the description I wrote above may not be clear. If anyone REALLY wants to see pics later, pm me.

Very nice. Really liking the stock. But there is a gap between the hadnguard and the receiver where wires are visible.

Yes, an unfortunate side-effect of the different dimensions of AEG vs. real steel. Not a big deal to me (but may be for others), I will just get some black textured plastic in there, cover up the wires. I have some somewhere, been just too lazy to hunt it down, cut it up and do it.

Amazing job everybody! I'm very glad I bought a G36C now that I realize all the possibilities the G36 platform presents! Right now it's stock with no mods other then a vert. forgrip. Maybe I'll post some pics when it gets pimped a bit more. :P I would love to give some rep points, but I can't figure out how to. :huh: If someone could let me know how, that'd be great. Thanks

Oops, didn't see that.  <_<

That was me, here are a couple of the pics. The basic SL8 is modified to take a G36 or AR15/M16 magwell. Mine has both, but M16 mags are cheaper and far more plentiful, plus you can buy translucent ones that are similar to the G36 mags.

RealAirsoft.jpg

RealSteelMadbull.jpg

OnPod2.jpg

SL8Mods.jpg

Edited by eltee