G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The_End, thanks alot, cyber high five goes to you

EDIT: I just realised how much I love these forums - the members are always willing to help you out in any way, even if it means altering a piece of equiptment to fill a picture request by someone who they barely knew - fantastic.

Edited by Slash'

Classic Army G36k and a Poly SL8 conversion kit.

I think the flat top rail is Marui though.

Got the kit and the top rail from these very forums just yesterday and it arrived at some silly time this morning (somewhere between 7 and 8, I'm a student and don't believe these times actually exist).

Leaves me with a few combinations of bits I can use.

I want to create a sci fi look with an already sci fi looking CA8-2.

Im probably going to buy the Star long sight rail, and was wondering if this would work:

-MP7 front sight

-Samurai tiny red dot

Would the MP7 sight cowitness the Samurai sight properly? or do you need both front sights to properly cowitness (still unsure of what that word actually means)

If not, could i actually stick with the G36C iron sights front instead of the MP7 ones?

NoRemorse, very nice, i recognize most parts, but where'd you get the barrel? or has it just been mod'd?

how much you spend on it?

It's a HK51 outer barrel. I spent too much money as always. It is hard to quantify.

Here is one for those moments when you have to kick down a door or two.

IMG_1770.jpg

Edited by NoRemorse
Would the MP7 sight cowitness the Samurai sight properly? or do you need both front sights to properly cowitness (still unsure of what that word actually means)

If not, could i actually stick with the G36C iron sights front instead of the MP7 ones?

Co witnessing is having iron sights align with the dot of an RDS, i.e. when looking down your rds the front sight post would have a red dot sat on the top of it - points of impact using either to aim would be the same.

The MP7 irons are probably going to be too high or too low (Depending if you have them in pistol or rifle "mode"). I haven't actually seen the samurai or other versions of the docter style optic in person, but the integrated mount will meant they probably don't sit very high off the rail.

Co witnessing is having iron sights align with the dot of an RDS, i.e. when looking down your rds the front sight post would have a red dot sat on the top of it - points of impact using either to aim would be the same.

The MP7 irons are probably going to be too high or too low (Depending if you have them in pistol or rifle "mode"). I haven't actually seen the samurai or other versions of the docter style optic in person, but the integrated mount will meant they probably don't sit very high off the rail.

Using MP7 ironsights on the 'pistol' setting will allow cowitness from what I have read and seen.

the classic army ones. i know for fact, after owning the CA and looking through the STAR dual optic, the CA is better. however, i dont think the CA one is particuarly good, its just better than the star. ive heard other people say the G&P is worse or the same as STAR, which means CA is better than those aswell.

the problem, even apparently with real steel ones, is the eye relief. it sucks. the big one.

if i didnt get the handle with my CA36K, theres no way i'd go out and spend more than 20 quid on one. its far more practical to get a 'C' rail and your own optic.

Them being tiny little things doesn't help either.

I've read the newer CA ones have a rail on top, I'd recommend that solution if you're dead set on the look of the scoped handle as at least you can use your own optic aswell.

Ehobby have some little red dot things that I was going to get for mine before I got my SL8 kit.