Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

SDC13366.jpg

SDC13367.jpg

And for teh lulz (because why else do we do anything)

SR-47 sniper

SDC13369.jpg

I'm still not 100% happy with it. I'm going to get a slightly shorter barrel so the flash hider sits inside the rail like this and maybe some different BUIS as I'm not a fan of the KAC rear.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSC one is a bit rubbish isnt it ?

I got one with the intention of filling the qd stud hole as I have zero use for it.

Glad I had that in mind now, the qd sling hook just pulls out with ease, the hook itself is of rubbish quality and the stud hole itself is poor aswell.

Product itself is decent enough tho :)

If I order the VFC SR15E3IWS Combat Master (The short-barreled one) from WGCshop to america, all trades will be intact, and what type of flashhider shud i get for it? Is it 14mm neg or pos?

Grammar dude.

The trades will be something you have to ask WGCShop directly how they will handle it. I believe WGCShop covers the trades. Email them and ask what they do.

It's a 14mm CCW / negative thread.

I've been wanting to try chroming/buffing my G&P TTB to look like my real used KAC TTB. Came out okay. Pretty close to one of my real ones. After I buffed the TTB entirely, getting the scorching to stick was a bit of a pain.

ttb01sm.jpg

ttb02sm.jpg

ttb03sm.jpg

This article may be interesting for you guys, on the history of the SR-25K and it leading up to the best of the bunch...the EMC:

http://m4carbine.net...ead.php?t=53841

Written by Kevin Boland, so it's an interesting walk through and may give you guys some inspiration.

Thanks so much for this article link. That was a great read man.

Hardly looks used, well at least it looks more used then your real one :o

It was surprisingly hard to get the scorching to stick. I might do it again more heavily and seal it with clear coat like I sometimes do with my charcoal and pastels weathering techniques. As for my real ones, the TTBs on the SR15 upper and Noveske RECCE upper are looking pretty respectibly blackened for non-suppressed use. The one on the 14.5" with midlength URX is still looking sadly virginal bright chrome. Need to find time to put some rounds through that one.

May kinda be off topic here but i don't want to start a new thread for such a small question. But Ive been dieing for a SR-25 EMC and well don't wanna drop 5 grand :D. So Ive been really contemplating getting a ARES M110 and adding a shorter barrel and buffer tube/stock, so im looking for a 16 inch barrel, will any do? and dose it take a regular AEG buffer tube or the other style ones like the old star and G&Gs.

May kinda be off topic here but i don't want to start a new thread for such a small question. But Ive been dieing for a SR-25 EMC and well don't wanna drop 5 grand :D. So Ive been really contemplating getting a ARES M110 and adding a shorter barrel and buffer tube/stock, so im looking for a 16 inch barrel, will any do? and dose it take a regular AEG buffer tube or the other style ones like the old star and G&Gs.

I'm in the process of building a SR-25 EMC using the Ares M110. I'll post pics tomorrow. So far:

• It uses real steel type buffer tubes. You can NOT use regular AEG buffer tubes, only airsoft buffer tubes that are installed like a GBBR buffer tube and it has to have RS threads where it attaches to a receiver. Ares lists them on their website for dealers/distributors, but I've never seen them listed for sale. You can use RS or GBBR buffer tubes, but if you plan on putting a battery in the buffer tube, you'll have to bore out the back of the tube so that you can access the battery.

• Because of the RS type buffer tube, you have to use RS or GBBR receiver end plates (I'm using a RS ASAP on mine).

• you can fit a full length AK battery in the RS length buffer tube. I have no problem fitting either one of these two batteries in the buffer tube: Intellect 11.1V 1400mAh 20C LiPo Battery and King Arms 11.1V 1600 mAh 12C LiPo Battery.

• Don't know about barrels yet. Other members I asked said that the gun appears to use regular M4 barrels.

• Instead of motor connectors, they soldered the wires directly to the motor. What a PITA. I know the contacts are more direct that way, but it's a pain to swap grips around when it's done like that.

• I know Titleist had to use an AR10 Magpul MIAD spacer when using a MIAD with the medium and large back straps on his RS SR-25 EMC. I was surprised to find that spacers weren't necessary with the AEG. The Magpul PTS MIAD's medium and large straps wrapped perfectly around the Ares SR25 lower receiver.

• The Ares M110 SASS and Carbine both use CW threads.

• The gas block they used is the M110 SASS style gas block, which isn't accurate to the EMC's.

• I'm not sure if aftermarket hopUps are compatible. Ares has their hopUp attach directly to the gear box.

• The gun's accurate and has super long range.

So you fixed your dislike for ambi selectors ... by not having one?

Correct :) .... Honestly, Id rather have no ambi selector than a crappy one. This makes the gun feel much more solid and gives me a secure feeling. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

Also, has anyone else noticed the spare vfc black mock bolts at WGC and ASG..... Looks like it is time to replace this silver one (seems outa place to me :))

Edited by fiddlesticks4220

hah, KAC T-1 battery caps...yep. Time to order a set from Lawmens.

*picture*

God I have a fever, and the only cure...is more KAC!

Interesting placement of the red dot. How's that working out for you? Ideally placing it as far forward makes sense, but I've never actually tried shooting with a dot so far up.