Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a picture of a KAC PDW with a different pistol grip, more specifically, the Tango Down one. And on a related note, is the real steel capable of accepting after market grips meant for M4s? I know the receiver is similar but just wanted to double check.

I can fit LiPo's in my Magpul M93 buffer tube, interior diameter should be the same for all RS buffer tubes.

It may be CNC'd but just not from billet. CNC is the buzzword of the season and most of it is from a casting like my Larue GBB body.

Does anyone have a picture of a KAC PDW with a different pistol grip, more specifically, the Tango Down one. And on a related note, is the real steel capable of accepting after market grips meant for M4s? I know the receiver is similar but just wanted to double check.

The Vainguard has an AEG Ergo Grip on his VFC PDW.

RS can take AR grips, 90% sure.

AEG can definitely.

RS SPEC for the buffer tube

I understand what Skintband was saying the outer dimensions of the ARES SR25 buffer rube is RS Spec, but does anyone know if the ARES SR25 has RS spec THREADS can use a RS buffer tubes? A friend and I tested a RS buffer tube over the weekend and noticed that my lipos easily fit inside the RS spec buffer tube. If a RS spec buffer tube could be used (obviously I'd cut the end off the buffer tube to be able to insert a lipo), that'd be awesome. But without having the Ares in hand, I can't tell if it'll work.

To Fellowz: I tried putting a G&P upper on a VFC lower and it's a no-go. The G&P needs to have it's pin hole enlarged a bit to be compatible, it sits a half a millimeter too high (dremel work is in order here). I don't know about the other way around but logic dictates it's the same fail.

To USCMCorps: RS tubes should be compatible, but I suggest you use one of the cheap WA ones. Airsoft threads and specs are usually pretty approximative, and should you need to modify the buffer tube to get a perfect fit, it'll be easier with a GBB-R tube than an AR buffer tube.

Very nice build. Working on PTWs is a hassle so good job there. The subdued markings look way better than flashy white ones you typically find in airsoft. If I may, your rail panels suck though. The color is off and the design is... akward. As if your gun was having a personality crisis ("me be ABRAHAMS tank" says SR16). Meh, I'm nitpicking.

Digging the Kimber grips ;). Been trying to find some myself for quite some time now, but they seem to be OOS every-effing-where.

Chronoed my ARES SR25. A very consistent 320FPS with O.28 BBs. Did not chrono with 0.20s. With 0.28 BBs, the range is fantastic. Never had a gun that shot that far. I mounted a friend's ACOG for the game and I was doing crazy headshots from really far. So far away, the guys didn't even bother to get to cover at first, they thought they were out of range... couple headshots quickly changed their minds.

Accuracy is good, but I'm sure it can be improved. I'll be dropping a Prom barrel inside. Will update after next game. One thing is sure... I wanted to field it entry-carbine style, with a RDS. It's range and consistency made me change my mind, I'm definitely going to buy a X4 ACOG clone to use the gun to its full potential. All of sudden, proprietary mags don't bother me anymore. The advantages of this gun easily outweight it's drawbacks.

Edited by Arion

The way I see the proprietary mags ... it's only a PITA if you can't get them. Which you can. The only other reason it'd be a PITA being proprietary is that other people can't use your mags ... but I'd be surprised if anyone else you came across was using an SR-25 too. So I say, proprietary is okay so long as it affords you a great system ... which in this case, it does. :)

Thanks Arion, between you and Skintband, I've decided to get one. ;)

Not sure if a replica will fit, unfortunately I sold my replica Micro before getting that mount, otherwise I'd test it for you.

Hey Ian@wca; is that a real Micro on that mount or a replica? Does anyoen know if replicas will fit that RS mount?

Thanx.

YESSS! Does that mean we get a review then??

I've been looking to get one - but have been hesitant.

The order has been placed. But an actual review may get delayed a little as I ordered it through my HK dealer which is cheaper (wholesale prices) but also takes a fair amount of time to get everything together as items are collected directly from the manufacturers (and they're never in a rush). Plus I have been getting lots of samples recently for reviews, and still have a back log of articles to write. Sometimes, I really wish I could quit my day job and just do this.

But once the gun arrives, I'll be writing a review of the gun itself, what aftermarket parts it does and doesn't accept, as well as my work to transform it into a SR-25 EM Carbine. It should also be mentioned that I ended up getting the M110 SASS version instead of the Carbine. Ares wouldn't sell me the Rifle length URX nor the dedicated gas block for the M110. Had they done so, I could have just bought the Carbine and upgraded it accordingly with the longer URX and gas block. Instead I have had to buy the M110 SASS, a DYTac 16" barrel (which I'm hoping will work with the gun, otherwise I'll have to get the stock 20" barrel cut down and re-threaded by my machinist), the Ares M4 lipo buffer tube and castle nut (will also test with a RS buffer tube with the end cap bored out), a Magpul ACS stock and a KAC QD rear sling mount (possibly to be replaced with a Magpul ASAP). This all might take 2-3 weeks to write up though. <_<

LOL ... fear not. I'm getting the mags direct from Ares through my dealer.

As for the work ahead of me ... I'm hoping it won't be to extensive. Swap out the barrel to the 16" version (or have the 20" one machined down to 16" which should take a week), and swap the full stock to an Ares buffer tube stock. Not too bad. The only PITA part is the barrel, and even that isn't too much to overcome. (I hope) :)

Interesting tidbit from the real SR-25. Magpul ASAPs will fit, however you will need to use a mallet, and it will mare the parts of the receiver where the ASAP wings touch :o

Ask me how I found that out. haha. Whacking a 5000 dollar gun with a 5 dollar hammer, that required a few shots of tequila.