Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

Interesting tidbit from the real SR-25. Magpul ASAPs will fit, however you will need to use a mallet, and it will mare the parts of the receiver where the ASAP wings touch :o

Ask me how I found that out. haha. Whacking a 5000 dollar gun with a 5 dollar hammer, that required a few shots of tequila.

Real Mean drink bourbon ;P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

titlest does that AR have no forward assist?

That would be his KAC SR25 EM, also known as "where can I sell my liver to buy one."

Hopefully getting an ARES m110 for an EM carbine conversion as well this summer. Titleist's sr25 pictures have been my background for a month or so, and I've fallen in love with the things. Now the only problem is getting the money for the project 

Correct. I *ONLY* used it as a photo example that they will fit, but it's tight. In retrospect I might have filed the wings open a tad more and re-parkerized them, but at the same time I don't see myself changing the ASAP out for a LONG time, if ever.

That said the only issue is that the MS2 (I've got the MS3 and an RSA I've gotten to test) are still such a small sling for that heavy of a rifle. That said 2 point slings are nasty hard to work with a gun that big when doing mag changes.

I'm surprised that your problem wasn't going after it with a mallet after some tequila  :D 

Usually my "in retrospect" moments contain the word "tequila," and never involve phrases such as "I wish I had more tequila last night."  :unsure:

That would be his KAC SR25 EM, also known as "where can I sell my liver to buy one." 

Actually EMC. The SR-25 EM is the Enhanced Match, which is the 20"bbl (no dimpling) Basically looks like a standard SR-25 just with the modern feature sets like the URX rail and ambi mag release.

The EMC is a completely new best (same lower as the EM) but obviously you can see the differences in the upper.

Ahh, I thought the only difference was the barrel length and stock. My bad.

Also, anyone know if you can fit a lipo in a 5ku WA m4 buffer tube?

EDIT: anyone know if you can take the shell off of the ARES SR25 mags? Want to try to hack together some LR20s from real steel mags and ares internals

Edited by DFM56

Hey guys, after lots of thinking and browsing pics posted by KevB on M4C.net, I decided I wanted to paint my SR25 black. I'm no millionnaire, I can't just buy another one (unless... is someone willing to trade? lulz, highly improbable). So here's the thing:

-I want the most realistic finish possible (no scratchs, minimum glare)

-I live in communist France, so no access to guncoat and the like

If possible, cheap (ain't I a b-tard, asking for everything at once :P, aye?). So what are my options?

BTW: I have an oven at home. No idea how that can help but I have heard stuff about paint needed to be baked or whatever.

The last pic with this front end.

holy *suitcase*, I have to get an SR47 kit, my favorite m4 variant, and your baby looks badass :) is that a hurricane kit?

Edited by sowi

Does anyone have a picture of a KAC PDW with a different pistol grip, more specifically, the Tango Down one. And on a related note, is the real steel capable of accepting after market grips meant for M4s? I know the receiver is similar but just wanted to double check.

I dont have a Tango Down grip (Installed) but I have a M4 grip installed. Ergo ftw.

VFC Knights PDW w/ RATech Internal 7.4v Lipo conversion, TM EG1000 Motor and Ergo Grip. Other than that, STOCK!!! And I love it!

Airsoft322.jpg

Airsoft326.jpg

Airsoft329.jpg

Airsoft331.jpg

Airsoft332.jpg

Hey guys, after lots of thinking and browsing pics posted by KevB on M4C.net, I decided I wanted to paint my SR25 black. I'm no millionnaire, I can't just buy another one (unless... is someone willing to trade? lulz, highly improbable). So here's the thing:

-I want the most realistic finish possible (no scratchs, minimum glare)

-I live in communist France, so no access to guncoat and the like

If possible, cheap (ain't I a b-tard, asking for everything at once :P, aye?). So what are my options?

BTW: I have an oven at home. No idea how that can help but I have heard stuff about paint needed to be baked or whatever.

Option 1: the not so cheap option is to find a local anodizer and get them to sand blast the upper and lower receiver , URX and barrel, and then anodize it flat black or a very dark grey. That's probably one of the best results you'll get.

Option 2: I know you can buy Lauer Duracoat by the liquid can (non-aerosol). You should be allowed to import that ... but I don't know how expensive it'll be.

Surprisingly, option 1 (sandblasting and anodizing) might be the cheapest option for a permanent and strong finish.

Personally, I'd keep it FDE. Maybe darken it up a little by rubbing in some ground up dark earthy charcoals like I did with my Magpul FDE rifle (though perhaps not as dark). I think that'll look cool and give it a unique look.

In other news, I was able to check out someone's Ares SASS M110 tonight. Using my real steel buffer tube I was able to confirm that the Ares M110/SR-25 does accept it. I was also able to see how much room I had between the rear of the gearbox and the lower receiver and rerouting the wires to go through the RS buffer tube will be a cinch (I won't even have to take the gear box out of the receiver to do it!). I was also able to see that I can fit a longer battery in the buffer tube being that it's full length and I have some lipos that I originally bought for my AK but didn't fit the AK but they will fit the SR-25 EMC perfectly. All my RS accessories arrived (ACS Stock, ASAP, RVG, KAC panels, buffer tube and castle nut). My G&P SR-25 parts are on their way. My machinist called me to let me know that he has time between jobs to cut and rethread the 20" barrel down to a 16" barrel. Everything is falling into place. :D The only thing left is to see if a Magpul AR10 MIAD spacer will fit with the Magpul PTS MIAD + the Ares SR-25 lower receiver.

Thank you for the great advice USCMCorps. I'll probably go the charcoal route. Where can I find it though? Moreover, won't the charcoal finish just rub off? It doesn't sound like a durable finish, please correct me if I'm wrong. It does look wonders on your FDE gun.

Titleist, thanks for the link. I always enjoy reading tidbits of information coming from MFGs, especially KAC and K.B.

This article may be interesting for you guys, on the history of the SR-25K and it leading up to the best of the bunch...the EMC:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=53841

Written by Kevin Boland, so it's an interesting walk through and may give you guys some inspiration.

It was a very interesting read. Kind of a shame he didn't have someone proof read it beforehand. At the same time though, it seemed like a very personal post, and there was certainly a lot of behind the scenes info I wasn't previously aware of, which was very appreciated.

Thank you for the great advice USCMCorps. I'll probably go the charcoal route. Where can I find it though? Moreover, won't the charcoal finish just rub off? It doesn't sound like a durable finish, please correct me if I'm wrong. It does look wonders on your FDE gun.

I just used regular artists charcoals. You can get them in pretty much every art supply store and a lot of hobby shops. I certainly didn't use expensive charcoals by any means. I took a dark brown stick, a red-ish brown stick, and a couple other earthy dark colors, and using a file, ground up some of those colors into powder. I mixed the colors together, added more of certain colors as needed, sprinkled the powder onto the gun parts, and then started rubbing the powder into the parts with my fingers. The oils from my fingers helped get the colors to stick. If any area is too heavy, you can use a wet rag to remove the excess. Once you've got the entire thing looking the way you want it, use matte/flat clear coat and give the whole thing a light coat. Keep in mind that once you spray the clear coat, it'll darken the surface colors a little. Whenever people ask me how I do it, I explain the process and recommend they try it on a spare unneeded accessory first to see if they even like the look of it. Another option is to use an airbrush, spray darker colors into the recesses of the gun and areas that might be darkened from carbon build up, and then use acetone or a paint remover and a rag, and remove the excess. Then spray the whole thing with a light coat of matte/flat clear coat. I've not tried that method yet, as I don't have access to an airbrush, but it should work very nicely too. And possibly be less work and quicker than the charcoal method.

Thanks for your write-up USCMCorps. Once again, you're da man! I'll try your charcoal compound powder + clear matte coat method. I'll post pics once it's done.

I just received my Milspex fACOG TA31. I wanted a magnified (x4) optic, adjustable (not like so many cheap copies), with decent markings and back up iron sights. All that at a reasonable price. I didn't want to drop 120$ or more for a hit and miss optic. I grabbed the Milspex on Ebay (still many in stock) for a mere 75$ or so shipped. I'm very happy with it, the fACOG lives up to my expectations externally. Didn't field it yet, so no idea if it adjusts correctly.

Will upload pics of it on my SR25. Wanting an American Defense QD mount and a kill-flash for it now... <_<