Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Iron airsoft and Element ones has the cut but i think i read somewhere that the cut isn't deep enough to fit a QDSS suppressor.

And different company's suppressors have different specs on the locking system, different company's TTBs may also have different specs.

Even some of those notched bird cage flash hiders that come with the QDSS suppressors fit really loosely.

I was told that the Dboys QDSS fits the WE PDW TTB, but i haven't tried it.

But I'm looking for other solutions since the Dboys QDSS is quite expensive and the WE TTB would have to be ordered separately as a part and doesn't come in chrome.

And knowing WE it would probably become rusty in no time.

Does anyone know if any QDSS suppressor that fits the chrome Iron Airsoft TTB?

Thanks guys.

Edited by alston251

I had an interesting experience this past weekend using the EBB TTB. I removed the metal core from the TTB so it was just the metal shell screwed onto the mounting collar.Mid way through the day, I inspected the mouth of the TTB to see that I had (at least one) outgoing strike on the edge if the muzzle. It's the same thing I was always concerned about when using the VFC TTB, which was that the muzzle opening is so tight, that unless your BB exits the inner barrel perfectly straight, you're going to clip the TTB on the way out. What I do like about the G&P one is that while it isn't quite as accurate, the exit opening is significantly wider.

I think the only remedy for this would be to bore out the end of the EBB TTB to be a bit wider.

I don't think DYTac makes them. I think Dytac only makes mounts. You can buy an ACM T-1 and buy the DyTac mount from airsoftglobal.

I was under the impression that G&P made their own T-1, but I have been told that they also use ACM ones under their name. So you're really getting the same optic anywhere.

If I recall correctly, same manufacturing factory however different quality control dependent on the company that purchase the red dot replicas.

Lets say replica dot graded between 1-10. Maybe G&P take the optics only in the 8-10 grade. Dytac only the 6-7 grade. And ACM with 3-7. Or whatever. Instead of the factory just strapping low quality replicas, they are able to recuperate funds by selling lower grade optics to individuals willing to purchase them. I do believe it is something like that with the Aimpoint Micro replicas.

I've been present when DYTac buys his ACM supplies. He buys them and checks them to make sure they turn on and off and that's it. From what I understand that's the same as what G&P does. G&P just got really lucky in that when they bought there's, they bought an entire production run and they were more or less all decent. But there's no guarantee that the G&Ps will remain that way. DYTac buys in his in smaller batches (a few hundred each time). Everyone selling those ACM T-1 replicas are buying them from the same manufacturer, they just vary a lot from batch to batch.

You can buy the KAC mount on its own too though. Not sure if it's worthwhile trying to get a G&P T-1 and a DYTac KAC mount. All the DYTac T-1s I've seen were great. The reticule, though not as bright as my real T-1 at it's highest setting, is certainly about the same sharpness.

Almost completely done, all i have to add is a element surefire M600c replica and a DCC offset mount for it. Forgive the 416 receiver its all i have that will fit the gun till my replacement SR lower comes from VFC hopefully I'll be able to post pics of it with a lower with knight's trades.

added Element KAC style panels, Iron TTB, Iron hand stop and Pro&T peq15.

P1000985.jpg

P1000994.jpg

P1000989.jpg

P1000999.jpg

P1000984.jpg

HK416 rails/receiver rails are supposed to be about 2-3mm higher than normal M4 receivers, which means that unless you use a HK416 receiver with the HK416 rail, they won't meet up.

At least that's what I thought. Maybe VFC got lazy and didn't want to make a completely new upper? XD

Edited by aznriptide859