Your Bad Relationship Endings

bbondaloose

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should know how many wives cheat on their husband.... I've seen it all, being a bachelor myself (once had a woman physically arousing me, while I was talking to her husband ^^)

In my experience, it are usually the types that still live with their first boyfriend, regret they didn't profit of what life and love has to offer, and are too scared for the unknown to end their relationship.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm

Only ever had two serious girlfriends (still with number 2 nearly 4 years on :) )

The first one was the mother of all break ups though

she was driving us back from london after a day out shopping, it didnt go well, we argued abit, i was recently recovering from a broken leg so couldnt really walk far which is why we argued

coming up the M6 on the last leg of our journey, she looks at me and says "im not sure this is working out"

being in a mood i replied "yeah i dont think so either"

At this point she flipped out and started screaming at me and yelling at me, and telling me i was ###### i bed etc etc etc

by now i was at boiling point, she ahd expected me to walk the london marathon on a newly repaired leg, been an *albatross* to me all day, id really ahd enough

then she said "you wont find anyone as good as me you know"

I replied "your sister likes me enough,"

thats when she let go of the steering wheel and just stared ahead like a zombie,

before i could catch the wheel we had veered off, down a bank and KABOOM hit a tree at a hefty speed,

I awoke 4 days later back in hospital, my freshly repaired leg now broken again besides the ribs, nose, shoulder , knee, pelvis (pretty bad really)

SHE ONLY HAD SCRATCHES AND MINOR BRUISING!!!!

saying that im not surprised, the photos of the car where horrific, my side hit the tree head on and was practically disintergrated

worst break up ever, although it was technically my first "real" breakup

needless to say i drive everywhere now :blink:

Moral of the story, save arguements for when you're not doing 70 down the motorway... :mellow:

I jsut dont let her drive and avoid the risk altogether

the latest one did pull my handbrake on once at 45 on a back road, i saw it coming though so kept it nice and straight, no damage done

i probably deserved it as i was provoking her :D

but touchwood we are great together, arguments always get physical but only in a boisterous way, not malicious, its quite funny to watch

You need to keep that crazy *badgeress* on a leash in the car at all times!

Just been reading through - some of these are really *fruitcage*ed up.

When you first looked at these women, and decided you liked them a bit more than all the other girls in your life, could you not tell they were mental? Or was your judgement clouded by the desire to wield the Pork Sword in the battle for Muff Mountain?

Ben.

Crazy in the head means crazy in the bed. Its physics.

Some level of psychosis is a given these days, but I think we have some truely special cases condensed down into this thread. The worst I have had is a girl breaking up with me because her cat died. "I wasn't there for her" when the thing died randomly one night, her living some 5 miles from my house and me unable to drive yet. A couple of weeks later I tried to make amends and see her band play, to be greeted by her diminutive middle-aged father and uncle threatening to deck me if I tried to see her. I left, confused.

In truth I dodged a bullet with that one and if I knew where those little men were, i'd shake thier hands and wish them luck with thier bat-*shizzle* crazy daughter/niece.

talking of bad ending ive not had one my self but my brother split up with one of his gf because they was driving home through a little village while they was arguing and she decided to jump out the car while it was moving doing about 30mph. she hit the floor with a right old smack n noise. My brother stoped reversed up to where she had landed and told her it was over and drove off leaving her there. She was not best pleased and she had to get a taxi home.

Got home late from work one night because the alternator on my car was on it's way out so needed a boost from the AA.

Ex came home drunk and asked me to look up something pointless online, I was knackered so said I'd do it later knowing full well she'd foget about it.

She went balistic, especially when I just ignored her temper tantrum and went upstairs to the back room to work on a gun's gearbox.

She got my clothes and threw them down the stairs, a load of my airsoft stuff, couple of electric drills, while I just ignored her.

Then she flipped over the container I'd been keeping all the gearbox parts in sending them flying, again I just ignored her and started picking them up. She went to pick up a small toolkit to throw down the stairs, I put my hand on it and said No.

She punched me in the head dazing me. I turned round to see her going to punch me again, so I slapped her on the side of the head.

She tried kicking me in the groin, got up and I tried to restrain her, she tried to stub her cigarette out on me and bite me.

We grappled out onto the landing and I had visions of her pulling us both down the stairs so I pushed her further around the landing where bannister should stop either of us falling and managed to get myself away from her.

We then had a shouting match, and she went down stairs and dialled 999.

She said twice "my boyfriend's just hit me after i hit him"

Police arrived, we're both arrested, I explain what occured, was told I'd probably be de-arrested straight away, and would have nothing to worry about. When I was booked in, the arresting constable said I punched her in the face. I protested and said I'd slapped her on the side of the head. The desk sergant just said "head, face, same difference"

As far as I was concerned, I was the victim, she attacked me and I defended myself, so of course, when the police said they didn't think I'd need a solicitor I agreed.

Had my fingerprints, DNA and photo taken, and a 4 hour wait in the cells while she sobered up enough to interviewable (the alcohol limit for that is twice the drink drive limit).

I asked for a glass of water while in the cells, and the female member of staff who brought me it asked if I wanted to wear it. At the time I didn't get what she meant.

I gave my interview, and mentioned that it had been over 10 hours since I'd eaten, so got a weight watchers microwavable lasagne brought to my cell.

I was then told that as I admitted to hitting her, I would be given a police caution for common assault and then I could go.

You have to sign on an electronic pad at the desk, but it doesn't show you actually what you're signing, so imagine my suprise when they handed me a sheet saying it was a caution for battery and I had beat my ex.

I protested and they said there was nothing I could do about it now I'd signed it.

She got a caution for common assault with no details given.

It took a further 6 months to get her out of the house, time I could have spent fighting the police, but when you have a psycho at home who could attack you at any moment there are more pressing matters.

Considering how much the police have let me down in the past, and how they failed to treat me as a victim of domestic violence simply because I am a man, I have a hatred towards them.

So no matter how obvious you think it is that you are the wronged party and are innocent, do not trust the police, always ask for a solicitor, even if it's just to keep the police on their toes.

Damn man.... I'd have gotten litigious and started handing lawsuits out all around like it was candy, no matter how they were related to the incident (even if they just took the emergency call) preemptively sue them (ahhh the joys of lawsuit happy America). Be smart, get everything in writing (in paper) and recorded. Also never admit to anything, there's enough stacked against you and enough elaboration/embellishment going on that you don't need to dig yourself into a bigger hole, also never be a nice guy when dealing with situations like this you just end up getting the short end of the stick.

It's always the way - the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and all that. It almost seems like a Paypal dispute - I.E. they'll always side with a certain party under certain circumstances.

When I am awarded the title of Supreme Overlord of the UK, my very first act would be a huge cull of the police force - from the fat old men at the top, to the thoroughly-useless Community Support officers, to the IPCC who mysteriously never seem to get anywhere with their investigations, to the pointless roaming CCTV vans, etc.

Ben.

They have targets, that's all they're interested in. At the time, Harriet HA!men had set domestic violence charges against men as a major target. Apparently around 40% of male victims are arrested. A larger proportion are told they should move out of their homes and stay elsewhere, despite being the ones who were attacked.

With petty crime they operate a catch and release policy, where they'll arrest a troublemaking youth, then release them, knowing they'll be able to arrest them again a couple of days later so they can meet their arrest targets.

You just have to watch programs like Road Wars to see evidence of it, where one copper will tackle and subdue the suspect, but let his partner make the actual arrest if he needs to get his numbers up.

If someone hits me, I would hit them back, regardless of gender. And make sure they *fruitcage* feel it.

This whole nonsense of men not being able to hit women, quite frankly, disgusts me. It's based on an outdated notion that women are more vulnerable than men. That notion is sexual prejudice in itself, because women are quite clearly not any more vulnerable than men can be. The initial aggressor, whatever sex they are, is in the wrong; the victim is perfectly within their rights to retaliate with force that is reasonable, justifiable and proportionate. (can't remember the exact legal wording)

Gentlemen: If you were approached by some half-crazed woman wielding an axe, with what you believe is serious intent of killing or seriously maiming you, and you were cornered with a few blunt objects within grabbing distance, would you not attempt to defend yourself?

Self-defence is always justified and the police need to get a grip when it comes to dealing with male victims of domestic violence.

/initial rant

My own break up a month ago wasn't as nasty as it was for some of you folks, but it has hit me hard all the same. I started seeing a girl towards the end of August, and I was quite serious about her. But the thing is, I've started this volunteer exchange programme called Global Xchange which takes me away from home for six months. Back home I live in Warwickshire, but I've been living and working in Glasgow since mid-October and soon I travel to Xi'an in China to continue the programme, returning home in March. She knew this when we first started seeing each other, and we both accepted that it would be hard, and told each other (in fact, we promised) that we'd make it work. We swore that we would be true to each other, not cheat on each other, the usual. Standard stuff. Well, she goes on an overseas cadet camp less than a week after I leave, and guess what. She cheats on me with this other cadet on the camp. He lives in *fruitcage* East Anglia, and she lives not too far from me.

When she returns to the UK, she rings me about it and admits to it straight away. Fair enough, I thought, glad that you owned up to it, that's fair play and honest. I tell her to relax, these things happen, we can accept it and carry on as we were. (This is me trying to do the decent thing, not blow it out of proportion, be mature and crack on etc). But here's the next thing. She starts saying "I feel really bad" etc, and we talk about it for a long time in a bit of a pointless exchange of "Don't worry about it, I completely understand" from me, and "I feel bad" stuff from her. Eventually I start getting to the root of the problem, and it turns out that she can't decide who she likes more, me or him. So this hits me like a blunt instrument applied with rapid force to my facial structure. We argued, and I eventually issued her an ultimatum and forced her to make a decision, but the mere fact that she had to choose between us - between me (who she was in a relationship with and *supposedly* loved) or him (a guy she had known for a week who lives on the other side of the country). This confirmed my worst fears. She said she couldn't make her mind up. For me, that was a sufficient answer. If she could cheat on me after less than a week apart, how could I possibly trust her not to do it again if she can't decide who she loves? How could I possibly recover the trust? Considering I'm off to university four months after I return home at the end of the programme, I could not see any real future for us. I ditched her via phone the next day. It's not the way I would have liked it, but as I'm all the way up in Glasgow, it was the only real way I could. Lots of tears from both of us in those 24 hours.

Now start the real bad times.

I am then subjected to non-stop text messages, missed calls and things, begging me to take her back, and she said she had decided she wanted me and not him. My head was in a right mess; I had kept chopping and changing my mind about her, and saying we can make this work, but whichever line I took, she then filled me full of doubts and seemed completely opposed to the idea of just moving on and accepting her mistake. I had simply had enough, we'd been over it so much, so I stopped taking her calls and ignored her text messages. Her texting continues for about two weeks. Eventually, I get a text saying stuff along the lines of "you know what, fine, i dont regret what i did, i've now got an amazing bf, we weren't working out anyway", and she was telling me to grow up. WTF?? I went ballistic and told her to leave me alone. I got so mad. It seemed simply incredulous that she had thrown away a loving relationship for a guy she hardly knew. Before the incident, things were going absolutely great and we were really serious about each other. She has thus moved from one distance relationship to another!

I simply could not believe that she was trying to justify her moral position - she was the one who had cheated on me, she was the one who got angry at me first, I was the one who had attempted to solve it by simply cracking on and moving forwards, accepting that she had a mistake but we could live with it and try to stay mature about the whole situation, but eventually she just wore my patience out and didn't seem to want to co-operate. I have been ignoring her ever since.

However at the end of the day, we're young, these things happen - man up and crack on eh? A long-winded account, but I hope this story made sense. She tells it differently and makes out that I'm the bad guy somehow, but this is my side and it's the honest truth.

I think it's time to crank out the beers, gentlemen.

[edited for spelling]

Female spaceys sleeping around on a det? Never!

I couldn't even begin to post some of the stories I've heard from RIAT over the years, it would probably break all kinds of laws, let alone the forum rules. But anyway, sorry you had such a hard time mate, I'd stick to girls that are well removed from anything even slightly military related, much better that way.

Started at the end of August, broke up a month ago, ie end of October?

2 months and you managed to fall in love, commit to be together while on opposite sides of the world, have her cheat on you, dump you, and try to get back together? Thats got to be some sort of record.

Archived