Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

For my first ever gun, I went and bought a gas gbb rifle. Like the day I qualified for my Ukara licence I had already made up my mind and no matter how many people advised me I was cuckoo for even considering it it was only after the reality of the situation hit me that I maybe wondered wtf I had bought.

It was lovely but the amount of experience and upkeep necessary for it to be used in an actual game? Just totally beyond my ken.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst Ever?!?!?! WE HI-Capa.

Worst piece of ###### I ever spent money on. $90 down the drain

My ex has a WE baby hicapa and its a demon tack driver.

She feeds it APS3 gas and it goes like you wouldn't believe.

Yeah. It was also my first and last WE purchase... I thought they would be at least okay, but nope. All the switches and safetys were falling off within a month.

I lost one safety switch on a field somewhere(still yet to be found) and thenthe slide catch spring randomly flew out when i was cleaning the upper slide one day. Sold it for parts. Blah. I owned one of their WE G39 GBBS (secondhand) for a bit. It seemed like an okay gun, hopup was kinda finicky (BBs would fly skyhigh randomly.)

but i traded it for a TM 5-7 and a KWA USP. Best trade ive made in awhile :P

My second worst purchase was probably a Condor Alice systems belt. I thought it was okay, But the part that keeps the belt tight wouldnt stay. it kept slipping off my waist... Im currently thinking about getting a 5.11 tac belt. Its like $20 more than the Condor but whatever. At least it will stay on my waist...

While not my purchase one i should point out.

KWA Glock 18c, the thing managed to require lubing once after each and every game in a day to keep it going, on a reasonable day, not too warm, not too cold.

'FireKnife'

I was shooting a friend's KWA G18c, and the ENTIRE SLIDE ASSEMBLY BLEW OFF THE RAILS and fell 20 feet into an abandoned missile silo in my town. A few days later, when we went down there to retrieve it, I put the slide back on the frame and it continued to fire. I swear to (insert omnipotent deity here) that this is in fact, a true story. Those were kinda fun to fire on fill auto and watch as the firing got slower and slower until it got stuck in the half-open position and dumped its gas, reminiscent of the plasma pistol from the Halo series.

Although I love the gun, my SRC MP5 has needed the most "unintentional" custom work. It would not fit any of my mags I had, other than the supplied SRC hi-cap, the front sight is loose, the 3 lug muzzle doesn't mate to my 3-lug devices with any authority, and the mounting block that keeps all the scope mounts aligned was welded on visibly crooked, preventing me from mounting anything on it that hooked on one side and "rolled over" on top of it (If you own an MP5 or G3, you should know what I mean)."

I had to take a dremel to the inside of the mag well so it would accept other brand midcaps, and I bought a different style rail adapter, which has 4 detachable "feet", although it still mounts about 5 degrees to the right, at least I could get it on. I might be able to replace some of the front sight components, including the muzzle, with G&G parts, but for now, it will suffice. I never bothered with the stock gearbox, opting to completely replace it with a billet V2 box (of Haynes' infamy) and a AWS Raptor, however, since the externals of the Haynes box don't quite match up to a standard V2, I had to dremel the fake bolt quite a bit to get it to fit. After everything was said and done, I couldn't get it to feed. The air nozzle extended too far into the hop up, preventing the rounds from feeding, so I had to shave the front of the nozzle to where it would feed and allow a decent FPS. It's currently at 340 with .25's which is satisfactory, for now. I have a new air nozzle and a sector gear chip, I'll see if these two things make a difference.

-Vu

Hm...

I'd consider my STAR SL8 to be the worst purchase I've done. I actually wanted a SL9 but it was sold out everywhere. The externals of this AEG are very good with the exception of the gas tube assembly. The thread on the barrel is so tight the barrel was pretty much stuck and I accidently broke off the metal part of the assembly. *fruitcage* hell, atleast I got some Epoxy glue at home. When I first spotted the trademarks I was like... "Seriously? Who the hell are Heakler & Kach?" Not so much of an issue but come one. Already painted the gun black. Replaced the stock GB with a SRC one, as I felt the stock GB shell was fragile and wouldn't withstand the stress of a M120 spring. And then the gas tube assembly broke again after I accidently dropped it on the floor. FML. As of now the STAR SL9 lies disassembled in my room. Still looking for a gas tube assembly (as Royalmail constantly *fruitcage*s up the shipping of my orders from Firesupport and sends it to Germany) and since Umarex announced the SL9 at Shot Show 2012 I'll probably just sell the STAR one as a bodykit.

A&K Masada. The version I received featured no Magpul markings but A&K ones. I'm not sure if I got a lemon or a older model but it broke on me 3 days later. Gah!

@Vu At least the KWA slides are full metal! Did it have any damage at all to it?

As I recall, the slide was mostly intact, but the strangest thing was that I picked the slide assembly off the floor, slapped it back on the lower for gits and shiggles, and it still worked. That's not even the strangest airsoft malfunction I've had either.

When I first spotted the trademarks I was like... "Seriously? Who the hell are Heakler & Kach?"

A&K Masada. The version I received featured no Magpul markings but A&K ones. I'm not sure if I got a lemon or a older model but it broke on me 3 days later. Gah!

I'll admit, I am a huge fan of accurate trades, a gun is empty without them! "Heakler & Kach" would irk me to no end!

-Vu

@Vu

I had a similar issue with my WE hicapa. (I will never buy a gun from them ever again) One day im shooting semi at some targets in my garage and the all of a sudden, the upper slide just blows right off. At first i was like "WTF?!" but then i just slapped it back on. Didnt do it again, but it had other issues with the gun that eventually made it unusable.

Me and a friend bought some of those. He got the blue and red pack, I got the black and clear.

2 of the 4 weren't even usable. My clear one was ripped straight out of the pack, and one of his was badly formed on the end so it didn't seat right in the hop unit.

The black one I fitted, and it was never consistent at all. I replaced it with a TM and never looked back.

Me and a friend bought some of those. He got the blue and red pack, I got the black and clear.

2 of the 4 weren't even usable. My clear one was ripped straight out of the pack, and one of his was badly formed on the end so it didn't seat right in the hop unit.

The black one I fitted, and it was never consistent at all. I replaced it with a TM and never looked back.

Same thing here! The clear one got ripped, the black one simply woudn't work right. Misfeeds all the time, bb's droping half-way on their trajectory... Well, never again!

Not necessarily expensive but a fail what what I needed it to do..

Madbull KX3.

Fitted onto a G&G SCAR L made no real difference - will fiddle around with the settings, as some say the official instructions have the volume controls mixed up!

Ah well, it's a nice looking flash hider at least... :)

I always found that the Black/Clear MB rubbers were gash, as were the rubber H buckings, but the blue and red rubbers are good if a tight fit. Red rubbers were slightly better for DMR'y stuff.

Don't think I've had an particularly epic fail purchases as of late.

Oh wait...SD 'Titanium' slide for my USP, all the pics make it look like its some sort of brushed steel greyish kinda finish, turns up and its the same green turd colour. Ended up getting the SD 'black' slide (more a blued steel effect) and keeping the silver/green outer barrel from the titanium kit. So now I have a rather unique USP but *fruitcage* if it was a ballache getting all the parts to make it just so.

Upgrading TM spec stuff is so much easier...

Posted · Hidden by cazboab, July 16, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by cazboab, July 16, 2013 - No reason given

AWS Raptor mosfets. Both are dead now after barely 2000rounds each.

At least we know why AWS no longer exists. :angry:

Back to old skool switches.

on the bright side my Ares G36c is now 1.5 years old and still functions perfectly fine after 5000rds :D (I know I might get flamed for this)

Posted · Hidden by cazboab, July 16, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by cazboab, July 16, 2013 - No reason given

AWS Raptor mosfets. Both are dead now after barely 2000rounds each.

At least we know why AWS no longer exists. :angry:

Yep...friend bought and installed a Raptor right before publicity for AWS turned from "greatest thing ever, put one in every single gun" (cough ASM) to "terrible stay away." Blew up after maybe 300 cycles.

on the bright side my Ares G36c is now 1.5 years old and still functions perfectly fine after 5000rds :D (I know I might get flamed for this)

5000 rounds is nothing. I have done more than that in a day before in an M4.

Archived