Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

Whooo, Tanaka USP. It was bad in airsoft form, even worse (with exceptions!) when KJW cloned it, and now I find out that the PFC version is even worse. Well whaddaya know.

And while we're at it, I'm starting to hate my Wingun 703 handcannon for most probably the worst trigger ever designed. It's weird, one moment it's mushy and the next it feels like it needs an elephant stomp to fire. And since it goes VERY hot (the manufacturer claims 480 fps, I'd slap another twenty on top of that), there aren't many buyers. I should get something smaller, really.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whooo, Tanaka USP. It was bad in airsoft form, even worse (with exceptions!) when KJW cloned it, and now I find out that the PFC version is even worse. Well whaddaya know.

Yeh, of all the kit and gear I've bought, I think the KJW P8 has to be the worst. Finish is poor, action not smooth, mags that leak like a sieve. When you do manage to get the mags to hold gas, the gun will work indoors while testing, but as soon as you take it out to a game... Jams, double feeds, vents. I've had a BB come out of the ejection port at high speed while another dribbled out of the barrel at the same time.

Doesn't even make a good wall hanger...

• 2 weeks later...

Matrix 650mm 6.03 TB

Didn't fit in a single hopup. Not as in being too long, but as in it just spun from being made too thin. It was a complete waste of money.

"JG" G36e from ASGI.

I had to rebuild the entire gun. It came with a different hopup, magwell, combo spring+piston, vented cylinder+G36c length IB.....it was just horrid. I spent 2 months trying to find all the parts to get it working....the magwell was the worst to find.

Now it's a 170ft monster....at double the price of the original.

• 4 weeks later...

JP famas from the worst shop ever (justbbguns), was my first gun, website claimed it was 95% metal, 370fps and had a range of 70m, so i got it and it turned out to be more plastic than the TM one, fps was around 330, range was around 40-50m, and it broke after about 40 days, warranty was only 1 month, the AR latch had broke and so it double fed and basically was a creaky peice of s@*t.

I think we can draw some important lessons from this thread:

1. Stay away from gas guns. Buy Marui or System 7 if you must. AEP is a perfectly legit sidearm, reliable, accurate, cheap.

I dunno, my entire team made a fairly fast transition to GBBRs once there were a few locally. We've got a few WE and G&Ps that simply have not failed, as well as some Marui guns going back about 5 years, give or take. The one failure we had was on a G&P WOC that was entirely rebuilt with parts from different companies, and the failure turned out to be a BB trapped in the trigger mech. Personally, I prefer the trigger break and the entire system, simply can't touch electric guns anymore. Just feels... wrong, and I like working on them more.

Now, as for guns I regret purchasing? HFC M9. The thing was a beast, but the full/semi auto feature and trigger spring broke within a few days, the former thanks to ineptitude and the latter thanks to poor metal. Great while it worked, though.

WE 1911s are pretty low on my list, as well. Parts compatibility, mag compatibility, wore down pretty quickly. Wasn't a fan. Same with WA guns, which were the opposite- didn't wear down quickly at all, but were nothing more than sit on my dressers thanks to lack of readily available 134a locally.

EDIT- Oh right! Dytac 7" WA GBBR barrel. Damn thing's barrel collar was twice as thick as it should've been, couldn't fit ANYTHING. The only solution was to have a metalworking friend take an anglegrinder to it, to shave it down- and it turned out the metal was too soft to do that, so she had to file down the collar to proper WA size- BY HAND. When I got it back, it fit, but looked like it'd gone to Hell and back. 'Least it works.

Never had any stock AEG break down on me, oddly. All failures have been mismatching parts or human error- and even then, there's been few.

I know I can't throw worth a damn, yet I buy grenades.

This makes me a frickin' liability to play alongside.

I stopped using grenades a while back - when your teamkill / suicide count is at least triple the number of kills inflicted against the other side, you know you have problems with 'nades...

Besides - I have pistols for room clearance B)

Not me, but some buddies of mine.

Sitting there listening to him rant on about how his and his sons kwa m4 just won't stop breaking and him spending $100+ every couple of weeks to fix the things(all the while he is talking about stripped pistons and gears, i'm sitting there stroking my p* fusion B) )...when suddenly I hear something that makes my mind vomit.

Did you say the local tech has been putting king arm's gearsets in your gun?

(Guy) Yeah, why? Are those bad?

Umm yeah. In all my time spent upgrading aeg's..king arms never made the list of "barely acceptable".

(Guy) :no:

So...epic fail purchase for him. Never touch King Arms internals. Happily he has had several cheap basr's that actually work, and work well. So for like 80 bucks he and his sons can still kick decent *albatross* during skirmishes :rifle:

The first AEG i bought - an SRC m4. Back in the day, six or seven yeats ago, AEGs were just starting to pop in my country and there wasn't much to choose from - basicly it was the SRC or a BE (?) beta spectnaz, a G3 SAS and some crappy mp5 by CYMA, thats all we got at the begining. But i wanted an M4 and clones were nothing close to what they are now, so i got the SRC. But it never really worked properly. On the first game it had hop issues, then it proceeded with broken gears, stripped pistons, broken gearbox shell and so on and so on i kept reterning it to the shop for repairs for a good few months until a just gave it away to be used as spare parts. The guy at the shop, who later became the biggest airsoft retailer in Bulgaria, was so frustrated with it that after that he gave up on SRC and never ordered from them and basicly my gun beacame the reason for SRC never to be imported again in Bulgaria.

KART EBR....enough said ? No....

Damn thing broke on 3rd mag, ended out taking out everything out keeping EBR shell, swap to Cyma internal, spend a truck load of cash to make it work as semi sniper.

That was a year ago - still stuffing cash into it to keep it running.

For me? Some random zip-up dump pouch I got a couple years back. Mounted via MOLLE webbing but lacked a button or anything to snap to so it was just held up from friction... Unfortunately it didn't exactly have much friction going on.

I decided to mount it on the back of my vest. First game I take it to, one mag dump later, and it drops off my vest. This continued to happen throughout the day so I never used it again and bought a Pantac dump ouch for my belt :P

Archived