Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered a serpa CQC leg holster. Holster, belt clip, worked well...... Stopped to then realise where is the actual leg platform? Doh! They forgot to include the actual platform.....

And of course speed loaders.... Dboys large speed loader lasted me 1 clip of loading then th einternal plastic snapped.... Grrrrrrrrrr

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've only purchased a couple of replicas at retail price. One was an Echo1 P90 for my son. It was a nightmare convergence of quality assurance failure. The two halves of the metal upper were not even joined straight. Tons of time and a bit more money down the hole and the gearbox tabs on the body shattered, sweet freedom.

Pretty much everything I own is a chinese clone, and this is the one that was really just an outright waste of space.

Though, the Well MP7 that he got after that was nearly as frustrating. It worked reliably, but it never really worked up to my expectations. The air seal components in those things are garbage.

Guarder threaded outer barrel for my TM 5-7. Bought it in Mongkok, Hong Kong on vacation. Soon as I got home, I stripped my pistol and installed the barrel. Then, I headed over to my local store and bought a suppressor. Got home and tried to fit the suppressor... oops it doesn't fit! I didn't know you had to buy a thread adaptor. :angry:

Viper Knee pads - lasted half a game before one of them 'popped'..

Viper drop leg holster - didnt even make it to the first game. Utter rubbish.

Cheapo china made hydration bladder, no popper button system so it had no real way of mounting to my vest. Plus both the quality and colouring was horrendous.

Haven't bought cheap gear since.

Tried to use my cheap ACM dropleg holster... After 10 mins of game I started to realise that the platform seemed to be going lower and lower until it finally fell off!! As previously mentioned a CQC Serpa works fine. I also bought a Flyye Versatile dropleg holster and it seems to be a really good design too: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears/pistol-hostlers/dropleg/flyye-versatile-leg-holster.html

VFC MP5 GBB-SMG.

Sucked balls, after 100 rounds it started to show massive signs of ware around the bolt and trigger mech.

Hop unit was useless only got about 100ft range even after much tinkering and modification

Could not empty a mag, just jammed.

For a £500 gun it was just plain bad.

While not my purchase one i should point out.

KWA Glock 18c, the thing managed to require lubing once after each and every game in a day to keep it going, on a reasonable day, not too warm, not too cold.

'FireKnife'

KWA automatics. Apparently they all require more lube than a gaybar darkroom.

Viper Knee pads - lasted half a game before one of them 'popped'..

Haven't bought cheap gear since.

i have been using the same pair of viper knee pads since i started 'softing back in '07 and i am not a tiny person to be putting my weight on my knees XD they've been fine for me.

Eagle RRV and associated Pantac hydration carrier. The RRVitself 's fine, but the seller took a good month to ship it, so I've only worn it in one game ever. The buckles on the two pieces don't interface with each other, which is irrelevant anyway - I'm too small to use them together without it being looser than wearing a plastic trash bag.

Sold the RRV and have yet to find a buyer for the hydration carrier, which I expect to sell for a distinct loss.

Besides that, a hodge-podge HK416 AEG that I bought in...February? Still doesn't work to my knowledge, since I haven't heard anything from the tech who's ostensibly working on it for months.

The RRV was $130 (sold for $100, so I don't really mind that), the 416 was $120 equivalent (trade), and the hydro carrier was maybe $100 or so with shipping and some extra junk I had to buy for it. (protip, Pantac and Eagle RRV buckles don't work together)

I've never had good luck with masks either. I gave up and started running a balaclava if I wanted lower-face protection after a while.

VIVA MG34. I'd been super excited to have a fantastic WWII AEG. $2100 later, that sucker was a massive money suck and a royal piece of junk. Thankfully, the guy I sold it to had a machine shop and pimped that sucker out. Just wish I had been able to do something with it...

• 2 weeks later...

Worst Ever?!?!?! WE HI-Capa.

Worst piece of ###### I ever spent money on. $90 down the drain

I'm going to echo this one. I thought it'd be a not great, but usable, cheapo holster filler but the damn thing never cycled more than two shots without failing. My first and last WE purchase.

Archived