do you abuse your precious kit?

sniperiain

I buy higher quality kit in part for its ability to survive, though i always spend some time to clean it up afterwards

If i were to buy something for collectors value i wouldn't wear it to the field period.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answer to your question: yes its get abused hell thats the reason I buy the more high quality stuff just so that it can get a beating.

I even drove over my gear a few times (stupidity tho) but it still didn't give a nutch and except for a few scratches here and there still looked brand new.

My biggest error ever gave me this (I'm the guy on the right):

cat-training-26-09-2009%20034.jpg

This was taken after the game hence the beer but we had a hell of laugh and I'm still occasionally reminded of that moment.

People in this thread need a real sword t56. When I get one of those (which one day, I will) I will not be afraid to be rough with it.

Mate of mine has this gun, its got a blued finish and he got it out of its gun bag, showed it to me, then gave it a double wipe down where I had touched it with a silicone rag. Then inspected it very closely before putting it back in its bag.

I was horrified.

My TM M14 Socom got hit so hard the other day the ris front rail started lifting at the front. I had to walk a fair distance and found a bit of metal that acts as a lever to hold the front end down. I had no idea what I was looking for but I remembered something went "ping" at a defensive location at Drakelow. I backtracked and found a bit of metal that looked rather too new to be native. Worked out how it fit and fixed the gun.

Same site, first visit, lost the faux shell edjector plate from my P90. Funnily enough, on a casual walk round with my mates, I expressed the opinion that if I lost it, it would have been righhhtttt here... as my fingers found the part. Literally 2 months later.

How cool is that? :D

I think he's trying to say that if this guy is worried about getting fingerprints on his precious gun he shouldn't be playing the sport.

Any pansy that tiptoes through a puddle just so they don't get mud on their nice new booties should be at home looking at catalogues or playing modern warfare II.

I'm completely fine with getting my kit dirty and abused, i mean, i buy decent stuff so i can have fun with it, But i am not okay with abusing my guns... I've put too much work into them to chuck them around, as i don't want them to break, i mean, i don't tiptoe around things, but i'm also not actively aiming for all the marshlands and things, as that just seems a little idiotic (probably fun, but still.)

Abuse ? no use to the max potential ? yes . not averse to getting wet and dirty if i have too but if i can avoid it i will , no point being cold,wet and smelly if i don"t need too , did it for a job for waaay too long :D !

i always play to the extent the game demands...

i fully submerged my g19 when chucking it to a team mate who was out of boolits. i dont do things for the sake of doing them, only to help my team, and if i think its a worthwhile venture. but yes on the whole all my guns have been at some point covered in mud or broken because of me doing a tacticool barrel role or something. as well as this i am an aclohol and it is destroying my kit.

Im not sure what you mean, why were you horrified?

He had an AK that he would not use, even worse, he was so careful with it, it would not have a speck or spot on it.

Its a steel body AK. Heck, a rub over after each game with a silicone rag and it would be great.

I know the Real Sword guns are gorgious and not exactly cheap but meh, use it, wall hang it or sell it. ;)

I think it all comes down to what gun I'm using. If I'm out in the field with one of my spring rifles, then I have no problem with laying a mud puddle for an hour or two to get a shot. Sure my ghillie comes out weighing twice as much as what it did, but I could care less about that getting dirty. The only time I do just walk around on the field and take care on propping my rifle up for a shot is when I use my Asahi WA-2000. Returning from a game with a nick in the wood on that would just make my heart sink.

Just spent £300+ on a brand new ARES L85A2.

Got it home. Shut the door. Kicked the sh*t out of it with files, sandpaper and a hammer.

Scratches, dings, abbrasion, wear, scuffs. It now looks like it's been bouncing in an out of the company armoury for about two years.

Does that count?

biggrin.gif

I don't abuse my kit on purpose, but I would love it to start to look used. My warrior rig still looks brand new after 4 months of use. :(

Neither my pantac, but its not a problem, if you want to make it look more used quickly, try a couple of thin layers of paint over it, use it normally in two or three games and will look much better . I did it with a G&P coyote drop pouch, using OD paint (most of my gear is OD) and after some games the "used effect" is awesome.

I confess I like my gear and replicas look abussed like the real ones, but I baby them too much :lol: so thin paint layers are my best friends :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where I play it's just dusty, not much mud or dirt, only dust from the sand. My gear stay's pretty clean looking but I've gotten a little mud on it.

I never abuse my gear, I go by the saying, "take care of your gear, and your gear will take care of you." Of course, I don't try to keep it clean, I'll jump and crawl like anyone else, but I do see to it that nothing rips/tears/breaks for no reason but to abuse it. If it breaks then so be it but I wont strive for that.

I'd really like to play in a muddy or dirt environment instead of just sand and some shrubs. It would be nice to get filthy as where I play, it is nothing but dust which can just be brushed off. One great thing though is that I never have to wash my uniforms, so they don't fade as quickly.

Buy to use and abuse.

Most of my guns have deep gashes, gouge marks, rust or sun bleaching

torn pants, jacket and shirts. Makes the game more fun to trudge through mud, thicket, bushes, climb up trees or wade through water.

then again, most of my stuff tends to be army surplus ( usually play as OPFOR/"Bad guys"/ NPC's) so replacing generic surplus goods don't break my wallet too bad.

Archived