Your Freedom website

creepingfear

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/

Anyone going to be submitting any ideas to this? Of course it could turn out to be a load of *badger*s like that website Labour set up so people could start petitions, the one that the Labour *fruitcage* *rickrolls* used to just ignore.

there must be some big time traffic on the site right now because it won't load sad.gif

Info: by LizzleBizzleDizzle on July 01, 2010 at 10:57AM

UKARA

get rid of it or change the system.

Why the contribution is important

the problem being with it is that the law states its illegal to 'spray' a RIF (real imitation firearm) the 2 tone coolour. its illegal to spray them two tone but people would spray real firearms as 2 tone and use it as a disguise and people can get away with fire arm dealings as paint is easy to come off. its illegal to spray 2 tone weapons RIF as well. if people are going to commit a crime they would spray it anyway. just an example a real fire-arm sprayed 2 tone and getting stopped by police, some poilce and the public might belive its a "toy" when infact its a real fire arm.

Id agree with the first 2 of those, but I wouldnt stop at cannabis. Give people the freedom to do what they want with their own bodies. Tax drugs, make £ to treat people who want to quit. It would also help reduce the justice system workload and numbers of police required to enforce the unenforceable.

I dont agree with the latter, as speed cameras can help improve safety. I havent seen a badly placed one for years. And this is coming from someone who has a speed awareness course on the 13th...

I also think that belief in supernatural deities should be recognised for the mental illness it is. Tax churches and use the tax to treat sufferers.

I'd agree with the first two, but for speed cameras, (and Guzzi won't be shocked by the direction of my argument I suspect tongue.gif), I'd propose the following:

Set up average speed cameras outside every school, hospital, play park and retirement home. Also at known accident blackspots and areas where a number of people have been caught speeding dangerously. Allow them to be hidden and/or camoflauged. Increase the points for speeding from 3 to 4 and scrap the fines. Stop cameras being about revenue generating and about enforcing the law. Roads like the A1M between Peterborough and Huntingdon, (4 lanes, pretty clear most of the time), don't need cameras, or if they do, set them to something like 100mph. Roads like the North Bank between Whittlesey and Peterborough NEEDS cameras to encourage safety or at least to slow people down.

But as for the first two:

Legalise it

Regulate it

Tax it

Take it out of the hands of organised crime. You will NEVER stop them, so harness them.

Seems as though there's been some misunderstanding what this website was created for.

Apparently it's the brainchild of Nick Clegg who wanted people to post up all the dumb laws that need wiping from the books.

That means stuff like the law that says it's okay to kill a Welshman during the hours of darkness, that it's legal to drove sheep through London and that all clergy are legally obliged to provide archery tuition if asked.

Frankly, I can't see them abolishing laws related to guns, drugs or speeding just cos a bunch of yahoos from the internet ask for it.

On the bright side, I guess it's a good sign that they didn't stick up a website asking people what NEW laws they want.

*EDIT*

On the subject of speed cameras, I have a simple solution.

Ban them all and replace them with police patrol vehicles.

No compromises.

No arguments.

No substitute.

Cameras don't protect ME from dangerous drivers.

Cameras don't enforce a good standard of driving on the roads.

Cameras have no discretion or situational awareness.

That means stuff like the law that says it's okay to kill a Welshman during the hours of darkness, that it's legal to drove sheep through London and that all clergy are legally obliged to provide archery tuition if asked.

nope dont see any laws that should be abolishing there :D

edit; Even if it is a PR stunt for new government, its still better than labours "this is the new law that the public want, whats that the public are against it and so are all the experts? Well what do they know?"

Apparently it's the brainchild of Nick Clegg who wanted people to post up all the dumb laws that need wiping from the books.

No it isn't. It was originally proposed by Daniel Hannan and another chap (who i forget) who are both Conservatives.

A good friend of mine works for the Conservatives and these two have some excellent ideas.

Here;

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Great_Repeal_Bill

The original idea might have been but I was referring to the website which is the topic of this thread.

I don't think saying "lets make a website about this idea" constitutes it being his "brain child".

I'm sure there is a bigger plan in action, where clegg is the liberal carrot and cameron is the conservative stick, but I can't help but think credit should be given where it is due.

Hellllloooooo, has anyone suggested scrapping the VCRA yet- the site is down for maintenance or some *badger*s like that so I cant do a search there. But, mt point being that I thought it would be the FIRST thing anyone here suggested getting rid of- obviously because it was just another bit of knee-jerk law making on labours part & to score points with the voters by appearing to be seen doing something about knife and gun crime ( there were/ are plenty of existing laws to deal with such issues, they just needed more proactive enforcing ).

Hellllloooooo, has anyone suggested scrapping the VCRA yet

Erm, the 4th post in this thread linked to a complaint about the VCRA.

Give it a go if you like but, before you do, you might want to look at what percentage of MPs, both Labour, Tory and Lib Dem, endorsed the VCRA originally.

I think it's highly unlikely that any law made in the last 50 years will be repealed, however much Clegg is suggesting that it might happen.

It's fairly common knowledge that the Labour party introduced more new laws in the last ten years than the entire sum of new laws generated in something like the previous 400 years.

Even so, most of these are minor things and, regardless of that, repealing them almost immediately would suggest that our politicians spend their time doing things of no worthwhile value and, let's face it, they're not going to be keen to admit that.

As I say, I suspect the the only laws that'll get repealed are the sort of archaic stuff about droving sheep through cities or killing welshmen etc.

Shame really. I kinda like those olde laws. They're a bit like the royal family. They're part of our heritage as one of the oldest democracies in the world.

I knew that, I was just testing you- well done that man. :unsure::P

Must say Im disapointed to hear that mny Conservatives ( the clue is in the name... ) voted to bring in tighter controls on airsoft & airguns when none were truelly needed- whatever happended to conserving English traditions like shooting- its the the bleedin' chav scum who are to blame (ak47 replicas in the street, nice.... ). But anyway, I digress- I have a feeling you may be right as per usual, I cant see too many major laws being repealed, just some of the lesser, non-sense laws ( there were a nice set of examples listed in a few newspapers yesterday ) that dont apply to modern Britain and such. It would be nice if we got enough people to vote up & discuss the vcra act- repealing of suggestion(s) though, it would atleast force the con-dems to look at the issue and maybe make a few amendments ( pretty please, I wanna buy airguns online again, there arent any shops worth looking at within a 30mile radius ).

Archived