ICS SA80

TimeToDie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get me pictures of this steady FAMAS please!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway people on ASCUK are thinking of ICSs revenue rather than themselves and have decided that providing both Carrying handle and SUSAT replica would not be right and the SUSAT replica would have to be an extra you can buy an they also say that the A1/A2 cocking handles should be 1 as standard and 1 as an extra you buy as well. However they aren't thinking of the revenue when it comes to Mags - they want the STANAG M16 ones.

1 Question - do FAMASs also use the STANAG M16 magazine as well as the F2 variety in real life does use them or does it use the straight mags like the F1??

I was under the impression that the FA-MAS, like the L85, can use all STANAG mags.

The STANAG spec only requires that guns can accept mags made by other manufacturers. It doesn't have any requirements regarding length or shape of the mag. That's why L85 mags aren't the same as Armalite mags.

If GIAT decide to make FA-MAS mags a different shape to everybody else then it's fine as long as they'll still clip into an M4 or L85.

• 2 weeks later...

be a while yet- expect the AK74 to be out first, witht eh possibility of the sa80 sometime after crimbo.

saying that, CAs projected release dates for their new lines took me by surprise, so who knows? maybe they'll have it out beofre Ooctober?

highly unlikely though- I'm thinking march/april 06...

oh, and famas' are rock solid. Anyone who claims otherwise hasn't ran into a tree with one :)

I nearly got dumped from there for standing up for myself against Dude, Shrek and nightstalker.

Is shrek the same one who left the military photos forums?

Yeah, it actually occurred to me afterward that SAS may not have used the SA80. What units do use SA80, anyway? I'm looking for something other than a line soldier, just because it's much more difficult to get the UK standard issue stuff over here, especially in desert colors.

Check my sig please :D

Thats what i meant - does it use the STANAG Mags in the Airsoft world and the question was answered

no but it can be modified to take them.

Sorry i didn't read the whole thread so if some one already asked im sorry, but how long will it take them to get this gun on to the market?

how long is a peice of string?

It is suspected now that they will hurry it through production and have it through sooner than later because of the VCR bill. Oh and in case you didn't already know Shrek is now a Moderator over there. seems like he's been kissing the right arses

Archived