ICS SA80

TimeToDie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cor, never really read any of the threads on ASSUK. And having done so, I feel that some people on there really need to lay off the coffee.

Lot of 'tude in this sport, and a lot of macho, swaggering BS; everyone's a hardman on the Internet ;) I can see through it, as I'm sure a lot of you can, and it does nothing but make me laugh. I guess it drags every sport down, except airsoft can't really afford that kind of burden.

Anyways...

Just give me a release date and a place to click 'Order' :D

thankfully its going to be far enough away in the future (ahem, ICS ak74 anyone? how longs it taken them?) for me to finish my m16 masterkey project.

And then, having perfected my '80s mercenary commando look, I shall begin investing in my para outfit :)

Yeh, at least CA gets thier stuff out on time...

AND I HAVE HEARD that CA are also developing their L85.

Apparently, an Airsoft Retailer in the UK has been shipping them Real Steel L85 parts for them to study.

Oh, and CA are also making an AK47 and AK74.

On the ASCUK thing- just leave them alone to be honest. Be polite whilst you're over there, don't aggrevate them and don't *badgeress* about them over here. They read our forums too lol!

moving swiftly on.....

ICS SA80- A1 if possible so i could use it in a gulf war 1 loadout aswell as the second one.

Iron sights are a must. SUSATs will push up the price and probably fail eventually.

Also it must be below £270- god i should be on their design team with specifications like that.

The SUSAT would be a replica

The A2 is not much different from the A1, the cocking handle was redesigned and it was mostly internals and strength f metal that was changed. So an A2 would go with a Gulf 1 loadout unless you are pedantic for that sort of thing

Suggestion. Both A1 and A2 Cocking handles should come with the rifle as standard, as interchangable parts. That way, you can have either, as you see fit, and ICS can simplify their packaging, whilst including a spare part for those times where you are too energetic with the rifle, lol :)

Thats what i would agree with definitely, they could make it a really money raising project, especially as most part of the SA80 system are unique to it so it wont be like Armalites where you can buy pretty much anything (although you could if you want to) so everyone who wants a proper L85/86 etc (including moi) will pay for them

If, as someone says, It'll be a while before it comes out you could always get a hold of the Airsoft scotland upgraded SA80 for £350- It'll throw out 35 - 40 metres.

The upgrade takes the power output to around that of a stock TM AEG and adds a replacement barrel and adjustable hop unit. This brings range up to a more useable 35 - 45 metres as opposed to the rather

woeful range of the original.

We replace a number of internal components, both to improve performance, but also to increase reliability.

Unlike some SA80 AEGs, all the selector functions are retained - the fire selector and the cross bolt safety

work exactly as per the original. It also features an anti-reversal latch release, so there's no

excuse for putting your AEG away with the mainspring compressed...

I know it's being a bit pessimistic but it's probably what the ICS'll cost and for probably the same quality except you can get it now. If anyone knows any flaws from the current SA80's that want rectifying then also get them posted here

Full metal body and split gearbox would be the principle advantages over a "decent AEG-ized academy" among other things which would make it well worth the extra money

rather buy the L86 as a whole gun though. Due to the nature of it - ie huge metal outrigger whacked on the front. Id prefer that to be made in one piece then held together with 4 hex screws and a prayer.

Think about it though a conversion kit would just be a new outer (hopefully inner) barrel with another piece of metal bolted to it and a bipod bolted to that, it would still be a solid piece of kit as opposed to a bodge job. frankly it would be the equivalent of converting an M4 to an M16 (Barrel stock and handgrip all change)

Ah a compromise lol. Should include a metal tappet plate of systema origin....

Great idea!

A tappet plate which is harder than the alloy gearbox so you'd need to buy a new gearbox shell, nozzle and sector gear on a regular basis rather than a tappet plate.

Oh, hang on. Never mind.

Incidentally, the tappet plate usually needs to be able to bend too. ;)

Original tappet plate?

Just a slightly bendy plastic, like ahop up or whatever.

Not having a pop at you but did I miss all the threads on here about people breaking ICS M4 tappet plates?

Thinking back, I seem to recall one single person who said they'd broke an M4 tappet plate just after I wrote something like this about 6 months ago.

I dunno. Maybe they break in the USA when used with 500fps guns but I honestly haven't seen a "rash" of "M4 tappet plate suxxorz" threads on here.

TBH, I reckon this whole "ICS M4 tappet plates are unreliable" thing is generated by bedroom boys who once read that ICS MP5s have problems with the tappet plate and like to feel like they are contributing something so they perpetuate the myth that the same problem occurs with the M4 as well.

This kind of thing is why I was discussing, with R22, the possibility of setting up some kind of "fault-reporting database" on Arnies so people could actually record faults with their guns. Over a couple of years you'd see that most guns have a few spurious failures but a true "fault" should have a rate of occurance way above the average.

Archived