ICS SA80

TimeToDie

exactly- somewhere round the 300 dollar mark would be nice- cheaper if at all possible!

guess we'll just have to hang fire for the ICS l85 for now, though I'm certain if its a success, some enterprising company will release a conversion kit.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the ICS L85 comes out I'm sure the market will be flooded with SUSAT replicas.

Hey, look at what happened with the Eclan....

The iron sights just don't look good to me on the L85's, they would need to be much lower profile than the top handle versions.

Excellent. Things just get better and better.

How much would I pay for a decent ICS L85, how much do they want to charge me? As long as they don't want silly money, I'll have at least one.

As long as it's an ACCURATE full metal replica with the split gearbox if possible and accepts armalite mags I will gladly sell some of my internal organs to get hold of one.

Anyway, back to dancing round the room, drooling and avoiding my crying bank manager.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eddie- hahaha, yes, I can see my bank manager hastily throwing up the sandbags and overturning the tables as we speak.

not too fussed about it being the perfect replica- just want it to be reliable and reasonably compatible with their m4 parts- split gearbox not the best if I want to upgrade it to US standards, but I'll be happy with it at ij levels.

I'd prefer the susat myself, as it does look a lot nicer, but as I've said, the history of pre-installed optics on AEGS isn't exactly glowing, so I'd rather a set of ironsites rather than a scope or reddot that I can't use and can't replace :)

I guess I'm one of the rare Americans in this, but if one comes out, and it's priced the same as other ICS guns, and is of the same quality, I'll be buying one. I'd love to do an SAS loadout, maybe Royal Marines, especially as it's almost never seen here in the US. (Although there is a team that specializes in UK gear). I'd like to have a bullpup, anyway, and compatibility with STANAG mags would make it the gun of choice.

Im just gobsmacked at what a great decision ICS have made frankly and of course an L86 conversion kit will be out there i mean what do we have? A long barrel and the outrigger, the shoulder plate and the rear pistol grip (if they want maximum money they could make us buy a new lower body)....thats it isnt it? They could also sell SUSATs as an aftermarket accesory thus making even more money.

Also isnt the rail the sights are mounted on 20mm anyway? just they arent a weaver or picatinny design?

I guess I'm one of the rare Americans in this, but if one comes out, and it's priced the same as other ICS guns, and is of the same quality, I'll be buying one. I'd love to do an SAS loadout, maybe Royal Marines, especially as it's almost never seen here in the US. (Although there is a team that specializes in UK gear). I'd like to have a bullpup, anyway, and compatibility with STANAG mags would make it the gun of choice.

if you did an SAS imitation I think you'd probably be mimicking the only people in the British armed forces who DON'T use them as standard :P

anyway, I will add this to my ever growing list of guns to buy when I get a real job <_<

if you did an SAS imitation I think you'd probably be mimicking the only people in the British armed forces who DON'T use them as standard  :P

anyway, I will add this to my ever growing list of guns to buy when I get a real job  <_<

Yeah, it actually occurred to me afterward that SAS may not have used the SA80. What units do use SA80, anyway? I'm looking for something other than a line soldier, just because it's much more difficult to get the UK standard issue stuff over here, especially in desert colors.

One idea someone on ASCUK came up with was havibng it fitted with removeable iron sights but have the SUSAT option in the box so you have both Iron sights and optical SUSAT replica when the weapon arrives at your house.

Who is Cazboab - cause they posted the idea over there of 2 halfs to the reciever like the real steel version

and what does iirc mean - i've seen it a lot but i don't understand it

Shin_Kudo,

The SAS do use them, it's just like other SF units they also use many other weapons. They use L85 when they want to blend in with other units.

The other units you could go for other than the grass roots infantry are the SBS (basically the UK's Seals). Marines, Paras, 16 Air Assault brigade, and the newly formend Spec Recce Regiment.

I'm sure if you google any of those unit you'll be able to find plenty of pics and other info to help you.

IIRC = If I recall correctly.

Word of advice for any firefox users, if you see a bit of webslang you don't know, just type "slang", followed by the word you want to look up. So "slang IIRC", for example. It'll automatically look up the term on UrbanDictionary.

Another neat trick I learned recently, by the way, don't know if this works in IE or not, when an address needs to be copied and pasted instead of just clicked, to work properly, you can just click and drag it to the address bar.

basically almost every standard british army unit, from the basic army, to the para's, to the marines, use l85s of one flavour or another.

Unless they're in combat, when they normally ditch them as fast as they can in favour of whatever the locals are using :)

No, seriously- nice thing about the UK (I think) is the way the forces are slpit into regiments, so if you want to do a para outfit (these guys are frequently the area that the SAS take there recruits from), or a green jacket outfit (reputed to be one of the fastest infantry units in the UK army), or the Black Watch (simply cos they easily have the coolest name), you just swap around with the badges and caps, and you end up with a unique, though uniform look :)

Nearly started a para team back in blighty, just so we could sit around swearing a lot and drink tea at every opportunity. Might be tempted to resurrect this look in the US :)

Thx for the IIRC info

I use IE and your thing works as long as it is a valid link.

What is this whole seperable gearbox thing you are onabout. Surely won't it be the same as other gearboxes. Then again i'm a noobie who doesn't actually skirmish yet (that almost got me kicked off ASCUK as well) and who has never actually seen an Airsoft rifle. I do however hope to try skirmishing in the summer so...

And the estimated price range will be £250 - £350

I'm looking for something other than a line soldier, just because it's much more difficult to get the UK standard issue stuff over here, especially in desert colors.

You could always dress up as the baddest *albatross* fighting force the Royal Navy has to offer, and my personal faves :)

45142851.jpg

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/141.html

EDIT: About 30 of you posted before me. I'm getting slow in my... mid-twenties <_<

Can we get on topic and come up with some suggestions please as i am yet to get any ideas that haven't been mentioned on ASCUK and there aren't a lot of suggestions on ASCUK either

I know they're utter sh**e but where exactly would i be able to get an academy SA80 springer cheaply cause my mates landrover defender is ex army and has an SA80 vertical holder behind the front bench so if i paint the tip orange it would finish off his Ex military Landie

split mech, and a full handgaurd that clips/slides/screws off too put a large 8.4volt battery in. also a decent replica of the susat, even if it was just a reticule on polycarb, just as long as it was stronger than the Academy one.

Archived