ICS SA80

TimeToDie

I know they're utter sh**e but where exactly would i be able to get an academy SA80 springer cheaply cause my mates landrover defender is ex army and has an SA80 vertical holder behind the front bench so if i paint the tip orange it would finish off his Ex military Landie

Academys are AEGs not springers i believe HFC are the springer companys, also you sure thats a good idea having a replica assault weapon in full view inside a civilian owned landy? i mean ive been in one with real weapons in and its not exactly the most subtle place to put a weapon ;)

what's that scouse git Craig from Big Brother doing in the royal marines? some new reality show, perhaps? 

The New Reality TV show for all those people on reality tv who arent good for anything else set in iraq they aid the British Armed forces and the rest of the uk...the name of the show

Cannon Fodder: How to Draw fire LIVE

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The New Reality TV show for all those people on reality tv who arent good for anything else set in iraq they aid the British Armed forces and the rest of the uk...the name of the show

Cannon Fodder: How to Draw  fire LIVE

Sounds like the only type of reality TV that is worth watching. See your most hated Z list celebraties get cut in half by heavy machine gun fire and RPG's. It could catch on.....

T2D, dont worry about Nightstalker, hes only 14/15 and a bit of a pillok from what ive seen of him, good player im told but has an problem of shooting his side so just make sure hes pointed at the enemy.

And the truth is they wouldt have even knowen about ICS doing it if I hadent told them it the first place, note the rare appoligy from Shrek to me in that thread.

I believe, and have said befor the only practicle approach is to have the iron site alone in the box, the cost of even a half decent SUSAT would be tomuch, hopfully a sucesful release of the L85 willspark a series of upgrades and extras such as the L86 conversion and susat, not to mention the AG36.

And most british service units use the SA80 to a larger or smaller degree, including the Navy, and RAF.

Timetodie- what suggestions do they want?! metal body, m4 gearbox, metal hopup, compatible with armalite mags, and, if they really want to, a removable carry handle with a 20mm picatinny rail underneath it.

what else is there? Keep it simple, keep it cheap, and for god's sake get it out quick!

there. Those are my suggestions

Erm...I'd like an L85 please?

pmsl

They have the metal body, the M4 gearbox, the armalite mag compatability and removable carry handle. Not owning my own weapon or having fired one I don't particularly know what people want of a new rifle.

And it is fairly safe if we paint a white bar on it with "DP" written on it (Display/drill purpose [i.e. non live-fire]) and we plan on removing the mag and stuffing the Barrel. Cadets transport them like that all the time but yes, if he is parked he probably would remove it from the holder. Reading this he says it was a bad idea anyway (he came up with it not me) but he still wouldn't mind a single shot springer version of it. The reason why i said Academy springer is because that's what we had heard it used to be.

ASCUK are always behaving like, how should I put this, people who might need to develop their interpersonal skills.

best ignore them. They get a little bit of self importance because ICS chooses them to be the main suggestion offerers, and they don't want arnies muscling in on their little slice of action.

let 'em play in their sandpit.

ASCUK are always behaving like, how should I put this, people who might need to develop their interpersonal skills.

best ignore them. They get a little bit of self importance because ICS chooses them to be the main suggestion offerers, and they don't want arnies muscling in on their little slice of action.

I'm really not fussed that ICS are looking there as long as the weapon comes out and it pretty good. I'm pretty sure anything the people that are posting on ascuk can come up with ICS can think of on their own. It'll be little things like the hold open catch and the bolt release that haven't been mentioned that'll make it something special.

What would be upsetting is if ICS were put off by the "I want this, I want that, but the M4 am bestest" in that thread and didn't bother.

I'm also pretty sure that ICS's R&D are more than capable of searching that thar interweb and arnies always comes up high on searches.

One last thing, matey from ICS said he wanted to look at the forums, nothing about ascuk having a q&a sesh or even any form of open discussion. A bit hyped up methinks.

Tried to restrain myself, but anyway....

What a load of w*nkers. Exactly the sort of *albatross*-licking I can't stand. Shrek whines when people go off-topic except when Dude start to rant and rave and throw HIS weight about. That's ok cos he's part of the postocracy. Even if his spelling and grammar are that of a 5 year old.

So, everybody's talking about how they want an SA80. Dude comes along and says "No!!!111. You're all f**king idiots for wanting that gun. Wanting that gun proves it!"

And everybody else rolls over and starts saying "Yeah, I never thought of that. Good point."

What a bunch of drones. :rolleyes:

Beyond that (and back on topic) I disagree that the SA80 will only appeal to a narrow sector of the market. How many people were crying out for an AUG or a P90 before they were released?

Armalites and MP5s are, undoubtedly, the bread and butter of the airsoft industry. Just because that's the case hasn't stopped CA and TM producing guns such as the CA33 or, well, 2/3rds of Maruis entire range.

Put an SA80 on sale and people will buy it. I'm sure they won't all flood to buy it right away but it'll sell as well as the majority of TMs non-armalite guns.

£250 I would say is that is the highest I would go. If this goes ahead I would buy one straight away without a moments thought IF is had:

Metal Body

Easy to strip and repair

400+ hi caps(or uses M16 mags)

Working Susat Sight

Anything I have missed?

PLEASE LET THERE BE ONE! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AGES FOR THIS MOMENT!

Cheers

Chrissyg

edit: and the A2 type cocking handle

No, that Go Away message just comes up when their crappy server cannot handle anymore people, not because they dont like you, its nowt personal ;)

I like ASCUK and Arnies, each to their own i suppose.

I thought the M4 gearbox would not fit into an SA80 shell without having the motor popping out the bottom? I could be wrong though. Id prefer to see an updated V1 gearbox that was compatible with all the V2/V3 parts.

Anybody else notice that Dude has stfu on that thread the moment Shrek said he had to eat his words. It's really changed Shreks mentality - He was so sure it wasn't going to be made.

Dudes last words in that thread:

you missed the point Totally ,,

it isnt XX gun that will do the harm , which gun it is doesnt matter a jot,,

its the "wannabes , the cadet dreamers/chumps" , the "OMGLOL" brigade of chumps and the dreamers,and as someone said "cadet mafioso" morons that will fubar the HK/JPY makers views on the uk market . AS stated Rather clearly by my posts. A lot of the under 17 posters wanting this are unable to buy it due to there age,, or lack thereof. A lot will be of the "naw changed my mind" which IS the "yoof" of today ,, its NOT the SA80 its the muppet dreamers/chumps/mornons who would wreck any creduality the uk market could have when they change there minds,, which they do.

99% of peoplw who Dont want /couldnt care about teh sa80 or not Wont post they simply arnt interested,and cant be bothered trying to deal with the twonkers bleating "ohh i want one but it has to have a working susat" ,,,

,, get it now ???

Thats when everyone ignored him and carried on. - In the words of Lee Evans - TWAT!!!!

Anyhoo as someone said earlier they really should grow up. They tell us off for BSing and throwing a paddy but the quote from Dude earlier in this post proves that he's throwing a "paddy"

If you go to airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=39718&st=0 you'll see them flaming me after page 5 i think it is - Note how Beaker, Comega & fluffy don't have much involvement untill i quote one of them. I have to say Shrek pointed out the mistake i made but then it degenerated. That led to me becoming active on this site here and if you read Pg 7 you will find me standing up for myself and doing a shameless plug for Arnies:

Arnies is a much better place with everything here but a lot nicer people who don't rub it in. I might try back here at some point to see if people have grown up finally. This isn't a slur against the whole site just the few who ruin it for everyone 
That's about right isn't it

I so wish I had a copy of the thread I made slagging off all of their mods before I left.

Oh boy, that was a riot ;)

Anyway, L85. Yes please, even though I hate the real thing. It's unergonomic, unreliable, and...just...no. Still, I have a craving for one ;)

EDIT: By the way, I take it you don't all know that Sledge was banned from ASCUK for, shock horror, organising ArnieGeddon 2004... :rolleyes:

What a ######, I hate Sledge, i think we should ban him from here for organising it too.

I only use ASCUK for their ads, as they have a much larger audience, but i think to judge an entire community by a few is what has led to, in the past, a whole lot of bother :( There are some right honourable folk on those forums, and i salute them :)

its the same everywhere- a few rotton apple and the whole batch is compost.

heyho, back to the l85 discussion- personal opinions and experiences of ASCUK aside, they ain't us, so what the hell?

of course, if they scupper the ICS sa80, thats a different kettle of fish. Then its rusty spatula time ;)

Not that they will, of course- ICS aren't going to go to the effort of getting one into R&D just to have it shelved by a bunch of british airsofters- I believe it was interest in HK and china that sparked the original quest for info, so what the hey!

Nice idea about the V1 gearbox- high time that got updated, if only for all those mas owners out there!

Then its rusty spatula time ;)

Don't you mean Spoon time? ;) (Source: RH:POT)

Not that they will, of course- ICS aren't going to go to the effort of getting one into R&D just to have it shelved by a bunch of british airsofters- I believe it was interest in HK and china that sparked the original quest for info, so what the hey!

I sincerely doubt that ICS will 's*can' this project, just because a few idiots couldn't keep their gobs shut over at the Other Place.

Nice idea about the V1 gearbox- high time that got updated, if only for all those mas owners out there!

Hmm. interesting idea :)

I still wanna see a cam-shell A2-style METAL body, Iron Sights (with a SUSAT as an optional extra, of course), and the A2 cocking handle, though :)

Oh btw, the reason they get to help ICS out is cause Shrek bombarded them with E-mails. Firstly asking if they were building an SA80 - then when they said they had never heard of the SA80 so then he properly cremated everyone untill He told ICS what the SA80 was and they replied it was in R&D so no doubt he kissed theor arses untill they let him head up the market research via ASCUK ( Well head of market research is probably how he regards himself)

Oh btw, the reason they get to help ICS out is cause Shrek bombarded them with E-mails. Firstly asking if they were building an SA80 - then when they said they had never heard of the SA80 so then he properly cremated everyone untill He told ICS what the SA80 was and they replied it was in R&D so no doubt he kissed theor arses untill they let him head up the market research via ASCUK ( Well head of market research is probably how he regards himself)

This is being hyped beyond sanity. ASC have no more than we have. One of our (not trying to to do things in and us&them way) guys got an email back confirming the ICS SA80 R&D. Similarly he was also asked where he'd heard this as they would like to have a look.

ASCUK and particularly Shrek, whoever he/she/it may be, have precisely nothing until the point at which someone from ICS posts there. When, and more importantly IF, this happens then ASC have got something - not before.

Out of interest, I haven't looked back there for a bit, has anybody mentioned the bolt release, the hold open device or the letters on the back of the safety catch yet? Or are they still thinking it's the L98?

Archived