• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as promised, high quality pics of my fullsized G36 with long inner barrel!   It now shoots 470-500 fps. I had a max of even 517 fps and I shoot it in my attic while its wintertime in Belgium right n

I suggest you simply buy another mag, and salvage the part. Airsoft buddy sells replacement at ridiculous price     Airsoft Buddy, RA-Tech trigger complete set are $90+shipping fyi.

To start with, you need to go from this: To this: Use something to rotate this thing (I used the pliers end of a multi tool.) towards me in this picture is loosening. When you reassemble, make sur

Posted Images

Thanks for the replies guys. I've don a bit of research on this gun (including reading some of this thread) and I was pretty sold on it, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing I was missing.

Anyhow, I had no idea it needed those upgrade parts. Part of the reason I was interested in this was because it didn't seem to be as bad as other WE weapons (please, I don't want an arguement with this, it's just my opinion). Again, thanks for the replies, you just saved me $330.

Edited by swishy

I think you missed my point... All it needs is some decent thread lock to keep the trigger pin in and (depending on what weight bb's you intend to use) make the hopup less aggressive. If you plan to use .28g bbs or heavier, there is no need for it. RATECH parts cause more problems then they solve imo.

Edited by LordElpus

Or you can read 63 pages of this thread and see that people dont have any major problems with this gun stock, and actually more problems with the Ra-Tech upgrades.

Shot a couple of thousand rounds with this on Propane and in hot climate and only part that failed was my firing pin which is a 3 dollar part.

Oh! And two of my magazines' valves that were leaking and fixed by simple tightening.

Even if your bolt catch fails as reported by another user, its another low cost part (4$ if I recall correctly)

Cleaning and proper lubrication is the key with gas guns.

You guys must have been lucky. Most of the We tech guns we receive have major problems. I guess the reason is, canada up the fps on these guns in order to let them enter. Our guns shoot at around 420+

• 2 weeks later...

hi just got my g36e in today. had a lot of fun! nice recoil. very powerful able to punch a hole on the top of the soda can at point blank.

Got some question:

1. how do one decrease the hop? which ever I turn the bbs keeps flying up.

2. the g39e does not lock open after last round?

3. if I want to convert to a g39k where can I get a shorter outer barrel?

Appreciate help and tips how to maintain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently picked up a WE g39 and fell in love. The kick is is exactly what I needed that my kjw 10/22 wansn't giving me :)

I have gone through tons of threads to find mods for this gun. I want to

1. Increase recoil, but cant find any enhanced springs. Maybe a m4/scar/variant heavy spring will do.

2. Decrease fps, without Npas. I was able to do it on the 10/22 by putting an aeg shim in the nozzle.

3. Find a faster way to load these damn mags haha.

If anyone has any mods for this gun I am all ears, and I will report back when I try shimming the nozzle!

Cheers,

-Tony

Edited by bigtony

I recently picked up a WE g39 and fell in love. The kick is is exactly what I needed that my kjw 10/22 wansn't giving me :)

I have gone through tons of threads to find mods for this gun. I want to

1. Increase recoil, but cant find any enhanced springs. Maybe a m4/scar/variant heavy spring will do.

2. Decrease fps, without Npas. I was able to do it on the 10/22 by putting an aeg shim in the nozzle.

3. Find a faster way to load these damn mags haha.

If anyone has any mods for this gun I am all ears, and I will report back when I try shimming the nozzle!

Cheers,

-Tony

For the FPS issue, chopping the inner barrel is an easy method. Permanent unless you buy a new barrel though.

Then I would need to crown the barrel, hmm

I crowned mine with the pointy end of my Tanto K-bar... I'm sure people may argue this and state the need for a precision engineered polished crown cut with a special crowning tool, but all of my barrels have been cut down with a hacksaw and crowned with said K-bar, with no change to accuracy or range. As long as you remove any burrs or excess material from the point where you've cut down the barrel, you'll be fine :)

So... Why go to such barbaric methods and not spare 15$ for an NPAS?

I've heard of problems with the npas opening and closing due to the design and kick of the npas. I also don't want to file the nozzle if I don't have to. I am just seeing if some DIY people found a way like shimming the nozzle, before I drop cash.

I crowned mine with the pointy end of my Tanto K-bar... I'm sure people may argue this and state the need for a precision engineered polished crown cut with a special crowning tool, but all of my barrels have been cut down with a hacksaw and crowned with said K-bar, with no change to accuracy or range. As long as you remove any burrs or excess material from the point where you've cut down the barrel, you'll be fine :)

haha I'll have to try that!