Army EBB M4

Gaffa

in my opinion they got rid of the best feature of the marui original

+1 on that mate , for me the bolt lock feature is just marginaly ahead of the recoil on the Socom for my favourite feature . i even had the money set aside to get one . ARMY fail :(

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just missing 1 piece to make the bolt stop active? If so shouldn't the TM piece be a direct drop in?

You'd need at least:

- A bolt catch (the external thing); which might be OK judging by the photo's

- The next-gen switch; probably there too, because you'd have to be mental to redesign it whilst "cloning".

- The visible latch that is missing <- problem.. Haven't found a spare for that anyway...

- Non-visible latch: no way to know if it's there...

Anyway, if most of the requirements are there, and it would be just the two pot metal latches missing, I'm sure someone would make those soon or later...

I think instantly assuming that every part of the bolt lock is missing is a bit forward, when Darklite tears it apart and says there's nothing there, well then I'll write it off as not having any provision for bolt stop,

I'm not assuming every bit is missing, but as Schaap mentioned the lever that should be visible within the mag well isn't there (see photo), and if that isn't there's no way the other mechanical part's going to be in there, it'd be entirely redundant.

P1010201.jpg

I'd be quite surprised if it'll be as simple as fitting the 2 levers to re-enable the bolt lock, but obviously it would be good news if it does so let's hope.

Just spotted this here...post #155 by Thomo:

Mine arrived today!

Don't know if it was even witheld as I only ordered it last Saturday!

Anyway' date=' before I go any further I would say that the following is based on a 10 minute play and quick test fire in my spare room so no idea of range, accuracy or internals

So here goes... Overall slightly dissapointed

It's good for the money but doesn't come close to the TM

It's got a nice weight due to the metal body but the finish, although not bad is far from perfect. Its a nice matt colour but nowhere near the level of quality of a g&p metal body, or the tm. There's a bit of a gap where the upper meets the lower receiver and the stock tube is pretty lose, with a fair bit of stock wobble too

The supplied battery is tricky to get in the forgrip so I banged a 7.4 lipo straight in. Rate of fire was pretty good but I hate to say it... The recoil was dissapointing. I wasn't expecting GBB-like kick, and you can feel it but the recoil is definitely not as good as a TM sopmod. I would add that this is un-biased as I don't own a sopmod but I do have the umarex/ares g36 and that kicks much more than this. It also sounds much better. To me this sounds like any other aeg, whereas u know when someone's letting rip with a sopmod or umarex!

For the money, you can't complain but personally I would save for a sopmod or get one of the umarex ones.

Sorry if I've p155ed on anyone's parade here but that's my simple review. I may change my mind once I skirmish it or get it on the range at our site

Expect to see this up for sale shortly as I'll be sticking with my g&p m4s[/quote']

Well, mine is on it's way too... Having 2 SOPMODs laying around here, I think those would be a better reference to compare to.

One always has to keep the price tag in the back of his mind. The Army retails at $175. The SOCOM nearly $300 more.

Same goes for the G36 he talks about.

It is also known that the TM recoil engine is a balanced system that is sensitive to the springs used. The 'kick' the replica produces can drop significantly if Army put in "wrong" springs.

Exciting! Can't wait to receive mine!

Thanks for those first impressions, but the reviewer made the wrong comparisons and obviously had too high expectations... seems like he will be even more disspointed when he tries to skirmish it as we all know how much these ACM weapons need a new hop rubber/nub...

BTW, I thought ARES G36 had no recoil... so saying that an ARES kicks harder.... well, I dont know, maybe its a "negative recoil"? :blink:

I want mine too! but its not even in spain yet :(

Got to admit, most impressed with the 'new' RSOV - saw the gun & thought "What the hell" as it is rediculously cheap...ordered a couple of days ago and after receiving my order has been processed email went on to the site for tracking details.

Holy ######...collected from RSOV to in the UK,cleared & out for shipping in a day! (pickup on the 21st and out for del on the 22nd!)

First time I have used UPS shipping but worth the extra £6 or so in this case.

I expect I will be dissapointed as hell if no bolt lock function BUT for £155 delivered I get the new style hop & the recoil engine - that's the same price as buying a bog standard chinese clone from A***on Hobbies or A****ftworld.

It won't be a TM but with a bit of fettling I expect it to be a servicable workhorse and if the Chinese do manage a fix or workaround BONUS!

Hell, they now do a drop in C02 conversion for my A&K Dragunov so anything is possible?

B.T.W will post some info on it IF it makes it through the bad weather today :)

Forgot to mention...friend of mine broke the stock tube in his TM...he bought a replacement but it comes as a complete unit - so, when I see him (not till 2nd of Jan unfortunately) I will be able to borrow his spare recoil spring and weight to properly compare recoil and to see if ARMY have got it right or if replacing with TM parts is the way to go :D

Just got a couple of these delivered. Overall it's a well built gun for a product straight from China, nice engraved trades on the metal reciever, no wobbles, generally feels solid. Not had a chance to open it up fully but did strip down the recoil engine part.

I've only ever worked on a Tremor kit before and not had a chance to even fire a TM Sopmod or similar with recoil engine, seems same principle though. The rear spring doesn't have a huge amount of tension in. When I think of all the extra parts I had to buy for my Tremors kit etc this isn't bad value.

Stock, nothing special but did at least have a nice rubberised butt.

Loaded some BB's up, bolt stop didn't work!

Mine had no gap between the upper and lower. Overall for the price it's not a bad piece of kit, I'm sure that with a few after market purchases you could make this kick nicely.

med_gallery_10010_1809_44694.jpg

Got a couple of questions...

Is the spring attached to the piston?

have you tested with a chrono? hopup off, of course... as there is a lot of difference in FPS readings in some webshops, some claims it shoots 360, others say 330FPS.... Who do i believe? :(

Thanks mate!

On Marui Sopmods the bolt lock doesn't work with Hicaps since they lack the bolt stop feature.

You can easily try it by puttin a finger through the magwell, find the cutoff lever in front of the gearbox, push it up with the finger and fire a shot at the same time. The Bolt will lock.

Of course, if there's no cutoff lever...

This is my quick review that I have done for TeamKGB's website:

Well - they have finally done it!

I have here in my hot,sweaty hands the new ARMY M4 carbine - for those of you not familiar with this one, this is the announced "Clone" of the new Tokyo Marui gen 2 guns featuring the 'Recoil Engine' (see Chef's Review!)

I will not be doing pictures as they would only be much the same as Chef's!

It was a bit of a leap of faith ordering this gun as although there was some information floating about on the net a lot of it was conjecture as no one had got hold of one and most had only seen a YouTube clip that didn't really show a great deal.

As the price was right I thought,'at worst it's a cheap AEG' as although it was confirmed that it featured the copy of the TM recoil engine and the new TM rotary hop unit one of the other main features the 'Bolt Lock on empty' was NOT confirmed.

The other thing mentioned on a few forums was - 'well, it's a china clone & it will be ###### quality wise'.....so when I started to tear off the wrapping paper there was anticipation & trepidation in equal measure!

so,

without getting too wordy here goes.....the outer of the box is plain except for a special forces badge and 'R43' on the spine, inside the box is prob identical to the TM one several layers of dense foam holding the gun,magazine,battery and cheapo charger plus a good instruction book (chinese AND English) and a catalogue.

Prying the gun out of the foam - were the Clone bashers right? - the horrible sound of loose bits floating around in the stock!.....investigation proved that the plastic crane stock had had a hefty impact and had been broken, hence the sound of bits floating around!

A quick application of superglue and all was sorted in that department (although an Email WILL be going off re this!) so, moving on I got to look at the rest of it

Exterior: Nice!...matt black painted finish with good clear full "Trades" only missing the TM's 5.56 on the barrel - plain on the ARMY and full metal excluding stock,pistol grip and foregrip.

Solid, no shakes or rattles or significant gaps between upper & lower receiver - stock tube ring very slightly loose but this is often common so no biggie!

Internals: Sorry, but not going to strip it down just to look! - however Much rejoicing as all the bits seem to be there for the working Bolt Stop - As I have now got mine I am sure to find a full review of the internals soon on the web.

Obviously it is not a TM so I am not expecting it to shoot like one although as a clone the possible substitution of a TM hop rubber and possibly a tight bore barrel MIGHT make a significant difference - this is conjecture though as I have no idea of the inner barrel dia & historicaly the Chinese tend to fit tighter bore barrels than the Japanese as standard plus I will not get a chance to shoot it until the 2nd Jan game...likewise substitution of TM recoil spring & weight if recoil is not up to TM standard.

Overall impression: As long as it shoots at least as well as my other chinese guns there will be no complaints - I got recoil AND bolt lock plus the new style hop unit in an Electric AEG for the price of a standard metal clone from Air****world or Act*** Hobbies! If this IS the case then I would have no hesitation as to saying this is the way to go as the recoil and the bolt stop provide that little extra level of realism and immersion (bonus is you have to use the 86 round Lo Caps if you want to have the Bolt Stop so games become more tactical than just 'Hose em down')

Also Obvious,I would have had a bit of trouble recommending the above it it was similar to the TM in price as a lot of our members and our 'Newbies' looking for their first gun can not spend that much for a genuine TM.

Caveat!: If you read this and then want to buy one be Advised - the gun comes with the Hi Cap mag so the Bolt stop WILL NOT WORK! - it needs the Lo Cap to engage this feature....Also , until I borrow one of Rob's Lo Caps I WILL NOT confirm this is indeed working so don't buy one & say " you told me...."

Final thoughts: If indeed this performs adequately I will feel sorry for TM as they will lose some sales BUT, I shall rejoice if a lot of our Members buy them and start using the Lo Caps as the games will only get better! and for the Members who have bought the TM ones a load of cheap aftermarket spares and more importantly cheap Lo Cap magazines can only be good! icon_e_smile.gif

I shall of course update this review to give an idea of it's performance in game but first impressions are that this will become my primary weapon - just have to get a 177 flash hider icon_cool.gif

however Much rejoicing as all the bits seem to be there for the working Bolt Stop

*DANG!*

Are you serious? That would mean UNCompany didn't lie to me after all...

Have you tried engaging the bolt catch with your hand (push in the lever inside the magwell, shoot once)?

Do you have any wobble between the receiver halves?

Anyway, thanks for the short review! I hope to receive mine soon...

Got a couple of questions...

Is the spring attached to the piston?

have you tested with a chrono? hopup off, of course... as there is a lot of difference in FPS readings in some webshops, some claims it shoots 360, others say 330FPS.... Who do i believe? :(

Thanks mate!

The spring did seem attached to the piston, I didn't want to pull it out too far just in case I couldn't get it back in and would then have to take the gearbox apart, although it could have just been resting in the teeth of the gear. I'll do a chrono reading in a little while and let you know.

One other thing I did notice is that the manual that comes with the gun is in fact for the SOPMOD version, different RIS and battery ha...

Thanks mate! would have been nice if the spring was not attached for easiness of change, but i wont complain :)

I think I need to get a chrono to stop asking about FPS to everyone :lol:

Good thing is the first units are already arriving to owners so reviews will start to pop! yeah!

Was just about to post that Kenny had got his grubby paws on one of these and can confirm that the bolt stop mechanism is indeed inside. But I see that he has already visited and posted.

How nice is that.

Anyway, I'm back in the county at new year so we'll try and get a side by side review of this and the TM done as soon as possible for you all.

Try and get this as a KGB first. So everyone go and enjoy Christmas and new year. We'll be right with you.

Kenny, how about tapping up James and taking a cheese at his *I use homophobic slurs and want to get banned*'ed TM?

Right! - an apology and an amendment.....although to be fair in my quick review I did state I needed to confirm!

Was in a rush as the parcel arrived just before Iwas leaving for work and excited to get my hands on this new toy - being unfamiliar with the TM design I made the mistake of thinking the metal bar on the bolt release side of the magwell was the actuating lever for the bolt stop!

There seems to be a metal part just above the magwell casting that has a u shaped notch in it - this piece does move a bit but of course I cannot get my big stubby fingers in there to determine how much - there is also a nylon block just opposite directy below the mag release catch.

A TM owner may know the purpose of this part and if indeed it is a part of the bolt lock function but with another piece or two of the mech missing by design on ARMY's part!

Again my apologies if I have raised anyone's hopes unduly, as you can imagine I too am dissapointed as I would have liked the whole package!

Schaap - the gun is solid! any movement is just because the upper and lower receiver are in two bits but no discernable wobble....in fact, in testement to how solid this gun is....as mentioned in my review it is now obvious to me on thinking about it that My particular gun was dropped by someone at ARMY's end BEFORE they packed it into it's box! - that accounts for my stock arriving broken as the actual box was undamaged and the hard foam cut out packaging is very deep affording a lot of protection in transit.

So, dropped on the floor butt first hard enough to break the end off the crane stock despite having a hard plastic/rubber butt cap but after getting a charged battery on it, it works!

now just need to go out and shoot it!

Archived