Mandatory cremation for power generation

apmaman

EDIT:: As far as brainwave studies go, I have to take all that with a pinch of salt; after all, these are the same people who once thought the world was flat. How much they actually know about animal brains is up for debate I guess, but still.

Wow, I did not know that about Bristol university graduates, way back in the dark ages of 1999. They really thought that the world was flat?

Pull the other one.

According to the RSPCA 93% of cattle/sheep, and 100% of poultry that underwent halal slaughter in the UK involves stunning the cattle before slitting it's throat, and as more arteries and veins are cut via halal methods the animal dies quicker, unlike normal slaughter where animals can be concious while they slowly bleed out.

In NZ 100% of animals are stunned before halal slaughter.

The RSPCA are not anti-halal slaughter any more than they are against non-halal slaughter.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The local KFC has gone halal, and as such has changed their supplier.

It tastes rubbish now.

Not sure whether its the type of chicken, the feed content, or to do with the slaughter method (moisture content, tenderness etc) but its horrid now.

The gravy is foul now too.

The local KFC has gone halal, and as such has changed their supplier.

It tastes rubbish now.

Not sure whether its the type of chicken, the feed content, or to do with the slaughter method (moisture content, tenderness etc) but its horrid now.

The gravy is foul now too.

Shirley you mean fowl? ;)

Different supplier so different breed of chicken and different taste.

Our local one was run by Eastern Europeans a year or so ago, it really was suprisingly horrible chicken, really oily and limp.

An Asian team now work there, and the chicken is light and tasty and the crunchy bits are still crunchy.

OK making myself hungry now.

Apparently it changed due to a lot of requests for a halal option.

The truly irritating thing is that it sits on a high street where every five stores is a halal takeaway that sells fried chicken.

Keep requesting a none halal option. When you're told you can't have one. Loudly complain and leave. Repeat as required.

Hey, if it works for them...

The truly irritating thing is that it sits on a high street where every five stores is a halal takeaway that sells fried chicken.

The problem with things like Halal Fried Chicken chains, they have a poor reputation for the quality of their meat, hygiene and taste. I know several muslims who won't touch those places with a 10 foot barge pole. At least with KFC/Nandos they can be pretty sure that the meat is fit for human consumption and they won't get food poisoning.

So, what about meat from the hind legs of Kosher slaughtered cattle, which can't be called Kosher without the veins and certain nerves removed? Most of that gets sold to the general meat industry so all of you have probably eaten some of it if you've had sirloin or rump etc.

Has it harmed you? No of course not, it's still meat.

Exactly, so the only way to ensure you're not eating Halal is to give up fruit, vegetables and fish, and only eat bacon. Good luck with that.

Actually, I do miss beef bacon, it's yummy but hard to get over here and not as nice.

So had an apple or an orange in your past? You've eaten Halal.

Had cod and chips? Yup, you've eaten Halal.

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with eating halal, unless the quality of the food has been compromised in order to make it halal ie. the KFC thing.

Kebabs are just too tasty to not eat. especially after a few jars.

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with eating halal, unless the quality of the food has been compromised in order to make it halal ie. the KFC thing.

I won't eat KFC in the UK anymore as it simply doesn't compare to the awesomeness of the KFC chicken burgers found in the Middle East which are, of course, halal. It isn't a compromise of the quality to make it halal, it is just the owners being tight gits and going for a worse product.

Yeah, I get that.

To clarify again, I don't think the halal-ness is the compromise, merely the choice of halal supplier.

If its good and halal, great. More possible customers.

If its halal and lesser quality, then I'm sorry, but you may be getting a few muslim customers out of the affair, but you're losing me as one.

As a digression: its hard not to come across as a racist nut job on forums sometimes. :blink:

As far as I'm concerned, it's not Halal unless Allah's name has been pronounced over it, as the definition of Halal gets a little muddled there and it seems to be Haraam.

That's as far as the definition need go in my personal circumstance, along with the way the animal is treated, and the incidental low quality of some of the meat.

Ben.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not Halal unless Allah's name has been pronounced over it, as the definition of Halal gets a little muddled there and it seems to be Haraam.

That's as far as the definition need go in my personal circumstance, along with the way the animal is treated, and the incidental low quality of some of the meat.

Ben.

I don't think what you think matters mate, if it's halal it's halal, so believe what you like, you've been eating halal nearly all your life.

• 5 weeks later...

in the context of meat though He is right, for it to be halal it has to have been, wotsitted by an imman. so saying an apple is halal is taking the ###### somewhat.

my main problem with halal kfc's is simply the lack of bacon that it entails.

Fish is halal without any intervention by an imam. Fruit and vegetables are halal without any imam intervention too.

It helps if you understand what halal actually means.

I know what it means in isolation, I however also understand the concept of context, ergo halal when applied to meat refers to the practice of it being butchered and drained of blood whilst still live with the place having an imman around for the smoke and mirrors bit. *not done for offence but to refer to blessing etc as my arabic is poo* so saying one does not eat halal meat has a different conotation to the statement that one does not eat halal.

I know what halal means same as I understand kosher, personally I don't give two figs, I like halal kebab places as in my experience the kebabs are better, however don't like halal kfcs because I like the bacon option. don't talk down to people it may backfire. if you wish to debate language and meaning then we can just not in this thread eh?

I know what it means in isolation, I however also understand the concept of context, ergo halal when applied to meat refers to the practice of it being butchered and drained of blood whilst still live with the place having an imman around for the smoke and mirrors bit. *not done for offence but to refer to blessing etc as my arabic is poo* so saying one does not eat halal meat has a different conotation to the statement that one does not eat halal.

I know what halal means same as I understand kosher, personally I don't give two figs, I like halal kebab places as in my experience the kebabs are better, however don't like halal kfcs because I like the bacon option. don't talk down to people it may backfire. if you wish to debate language and meaning then we can just not in this thread eh?

Halal meat is just as halal as vegetables or fish, there is no in between, it's either halal or haram.

In the UK, as with the major halal producers around the word, the only difference is the "smoke and mirrors" as you put it, and that there is more chance that the stunned animal will die before it regains conciousness with halal slaughter.

In both cases the animal is stunned, with halal it then has it's throat cut slicing through the main blood vessels leading to a quick death, whereas the other way the animal is stabbed in the neck only piercing one artery resulting in a slow death.

To be halal the animal must be well treated throughout its life.

The objection to halal on religious/racial grounds is stupid because if it's not your religion then it's just words, and if it's because people from "Islamistan" do it then frankly how someone who objects for that manages to tie their shoelaces is beyond me.

If it's on animal welfare grounds then that shows ignorance as there is more chance of poor animal welfare (treatment in life and slow death after effects of being stunned has worn off) with non-halal methods.

How are dead bodies an "almost limitless fuel supply"?

The average person consumes 150kg of food per year. The average person weighs 100kg. Assuming the energy mass density of food is comparable to human bodies, even if you burned all the humans in the world right now, you still wouldn't produce as much energy as if you just burned all the food produced each year.

In other words, burning human bodies would be the last thing I'd think of when considering alternative energy sources. Just burn some weed.

100kg?

is the average american really that fat?

edit

halal should be outlawed in the united kingdom asap. religious beliefs need not be respected.

Archived