WE AK series more info

faramon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

adadqgg,

Whats wrong with the section you've highlighted?

img2378v.jpg

WE

RealSteelAks74udetail.jpg

^RealSteel

RA might make a set of full steel parts; but the front trunnion is unlikely going to be included and the reciver marking is probably not going to be replaced. WE need to do some fixes.

Also, it seems that players who got it in TW sent theirs to custom shops to get it into "field usable" condition; and they ended up shortening the bolt travel for reliability, faster rate of fire(WE shoots slower than realsteel, by the way; this is bad for both realism and skirmishing), and less gas consumption...reports of firing indicated that this cannot even get through a whole mag on fullauto burst without noticeably lowering the rate of fire.

WE has some real potential with this AK 74 series they are planning; but the various little problems gets annoying.

With other GBB AK, you want to increase the recoil; with WE, skirmishers might even need to reduce the recoil/bolt travel...

All the wrong details also makes this have very low value for collectors(WE should be able to fix this easily).

dont think shorten travel is required or the only option,

Using a stiffer spring and/or lightening the bolt can certainly help

It is only the best option, as far as they got to with their skills, to improve performance for skirmishers.

Which I understood that most people in UK, as someone claims, are.

adadqgg:

I for one actually appreciate your criticism. I would hardly call any of your statements "bashing." In fact, you've enlightened me, a person concerned with realism (in your sense), but fairly ignorant regarding AKs.

I'm dull of having a GBB stable composed purely of WAM4s, and I've been thinking about picking up an AK. It seems there are many choices now, between GHK, SRC, and WE.

Since you did notice some obvious differences between the WE AK and the AK firearm, would you mind enumerating them? I only noticed you mentioned the selector position, the front truncheon, and WE's general use of weak alloys (honestly, the third I can't really complain about in a $300 gun). That would be much appreciated.

I was this close to buying an SRC AK GBBR last night when I saw this, so I've decided to wait a while and evaluate the options.

adadqgg:

I for one actually appreciate your criticism. I would hardly call any of your statements "bashing." In fact, you've enlightened me, a person concerned with realism (in your sense), but fairly ignorant regarding AKs.

I'm dull of having a GBB stable composed purely of WAM4s, and I've been thinking about picking up an AK. It seems there are many choices now, between GHK, SRC, and WE.

Since you did notice some obvious differences between the WE AK and the AK firearm, would you mind enumerating them? I only noticed you mentioned the selector position, the front truncheon, and WE's general use of weak alloys (honestly, the third I can't really complain about in a $300 gun). That would be much appreciated.

I was this close to buying an SRC AK GBBR last night when I saw this, so I've decided to wait a while and evaluate the options.

I forgot to update this; but I misunderstood the part about Front trunnion. The poster posted something along the line of "where the barrel attaches to".

But after watching that RA video, I realized that TW people seemed to think the barrel attaches to where the top cover attaches to.

Problems of WEak from most to least severe:

1. As posted above:

RealSteelAks74udetail.jpg

WE does not have this detail.

2. Receiver parts made of non-steel metal(scope rail, and possibly front trunnion; though I hope not). and Selector switch position.(one big problem because they are very inseparable since tools for working on realsteel need to be used to correct most of them; but a correct replacement receiver will solve all of the at once)

3. Markings on the front trunnion(lacks the year of manufacture, the tula star is weird-looking). This can be overlooked since this is airsoft, after all(manufacturing date as 2011 is probably not going to look nice).

4. Small potmetal parts such as front sight block(replace with realsteel or even Dboys steel part).

5. Selector switch (find random Aks74u selector switch; install; done)

Internally, it has slow rate of fire and huge gas consumption(obviously); so skirmishing will need some modifications.

It all depends on what you want to do with the GBBr.

If you want to have the nicest, most correct-looking GBBr(classic style), go for GHK AKM/AIMS/AKMS and never look back(however, there are still problems such as the selector marking and aluminum outer barrel).

Those are pretty much externally identical(and mostly compatible) with LCT AK kits(because LCT makes the externals, minus the bolt).

GHK has done many improvements over their old build; and this one will work.

SRC is kind of worse than both GHK and WE, imo; it has solid wood handguards(not laminated; might look more like a bulgarian ak than Russian), and bolt does not go back to front after last round is fired... Selector position: still too high for auto. No marking even on the sights... flat black finish...however, the internals can be placed into LCT kits. In the end, the mag design is what killed it(front lip is AEG-spec; it will break, but the mag is no where near as cheap/replaceable as AEG mags). To be honest; SRC looked like "suitcase" right now, I rather get a WE over SRC.

The only reason I would ever consider SRC is due to the price...

Get WE for heavy recoil and "tactical" look(it seemed that they are hinting that the long version will also be "tacticool").

I need to mention here that WE's selector marking problem is worse because the letters are in the correct place, but the slots are not(and also in the wrong shape).

GHK is very skirmishable; but the mag design is worse than WE's.

As you can see, they all have flaws. Some have more than others.

But WE really should not be having most of those flaws...(supposedly they designed the system from ground-up, that means correct selector switch position is something that would have been EASY to make correctly...but they did not)

I want to say WE does not care about realism, but then they tried to make full bolt travel work.

Hopefully future improvements can make WE better.

It seems to me that most of those issues are correctable to a degree.

As for the gas consuption, I believe that is just speculation until a full objective review comes out from a retailed version.

As for the "generational" issues, I haven't seen much talk about "gen/ver1, 2, 3" with WE's releases since the open bolt. It may be a non-issue now.

Excellent points, though. Thank you for brining them to light.

So GHK has full bolt travel? I don't like the tactical look that much on AKs, but I do prefer AK74s over AK47s and AKMs. What about this "firing pin lock" feature that was presented in the video? The GHK bolt and carrier is also very short in comparison to those in the WE and the SRC.

EDIT: OK, I just checked. On the GHK AKM the bolt carrier is full length.

小弟比對的結果,槍機覆進距離,槍蓋開孔應該都是正確的,多出來的是屁股的部分.

GBB氣鋼有突出槍機尾約2.5cm..真槍沒有這部分槍機塊幾乎直接貼底.所以能很短

GBB如果作成真槍長度,那麼往前擠..變成覆進距離少2cmcry.gif

06-3.jpg

Translation: result of comparison:

Opening of top cover is correct; bolt travel is correct.

However, the chamber sticks 2.5cm out the back; realsteel does not have/need this.

Hence, the receiver of Weak74un is longer than the realsteel. *(here the poster also claimed that it will need to shorten bolt travel by a full 2cm if realistic receiver length is needed; probably not the true)

I've been rocking my GHK AKM for a while now, with the recoil kit... Thinking about getting the steel outer barrel, but probably wouldn't use it. I have 1 CO2 mag, and 1 green gas mag. Wow, the GHK really kicks hard with the recoil kit + CO2!

I asked GHK why don't they make a full travel bolt, and they said "Because they can't get it to perform reliably!"

To me the biggest pissoff is the mags are longer then real. They copied the Cyma/Dboys length magazine which is incorrect. SRC on the other hand copied the correct length (VFC/GP) style.

My guess is they used LCT to make the receivers, thats why it looks like one. Stamped steel with a blued finish, and TM style selector positions (for AK-47 where the full auto setting is higher then on a stamped AK) and TM style receiver length (longer to accomodate the gearbox). The receiver basically looks to be manufactured in the same place as the GHK AKM receiver.

What a shame. I guess it was significantly cheaper this way for WE to bring us these AKs. The mags on the other hand is just a mistake on their part.

Archived