WE AK series more info

faramon

Who doesn't store mags in their pouches upside-down? I'm sure they'll have put the mags in to some MOLLE pouches at some point or other during the entire production process, can't see them getting something that basic wrong.

Im so bad I store mine upside down and with mag feed lips to the left hand side so when i pull the out and turn them around there facing the right way to be inserted in the mag well.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, I too store my full magazines upside down, but as to which way they point is more to do with comfort and lack of snagging on other guns etc. rather than anything else. I pop them back in the right way up so I can tell at a glance or a feel if it is empty. I want the WE Ak, I also need the WE MP5, but I do already have the VFC MP5, and I feel that WE are really going to have to up the ante to beat it. The VSR style hop up is probably a plus, as proven by some of thier previous guns, if they use this. Fit and finish however would really need to be top notch to even stand up to the VFC. Anyway, as far as the AK is concerned, this looks exciting. I like the newer WE guns very much, and would happily buy both/all. I personally want the AK74 with the wood furniture, so I shall be a little dissapointed, but as long as I can put the wood stuff on it, I am happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely quote from the BBDragon site;

( you can get very heavy recoil power on your shoulder and face when shooting !)

ON YOUR FACE!

Sooo looking forward to this thing. After getting my WE M4 CQBR OB CO2 I am stoked about a CO2 AK in my collection as well :D

Nice nice! I saw James mentioned on the YouTube channel/comment that they will be priced similarly to the M4 series, which is nice. Looks like my plans to pre-order aren't going to happen though. Just bought shitload of new stuff for my appartment and a WE M4 CQBR + Magpul stuff :-| oh well..

There is a 50% chance that it will turn out to be a load of "suitcase" and blow itself up into bits...

We will see.

WE is not exactly known for their strict factory testing of reliability.

really? i think you are talking rubbish the we g39 i have has been faultless since i bought it last year , in fact it is the only gun i use these days so while we may have had issues in the past they have come on a long way

I would have agreed with that comment, back in the WE M4 closed bolt gen 1 and gen 2 era. This last 1-1½ years WE have stepped it up, and while not pushing out products that stand up to Marui QC levels, they sure as hell are alot better. And judging from the video it looks solid. But only time will tell. Of course there will be one or two flaws that show up after medium use, but that is the case with almost any airsoft, or any product at all for that matter.

really? i think you are talking rubbish the we g39 i have has been faultless since i bought it last year , in fact it is the only gun i use these days so while we may have had issues in the past they have come on a long way

I feel the need to mention that there is a reason RA tech does a full range of steel internal parts for the WE...

RA-Tech parts aint exactly great either.

I understand your pessimistic view however as I owned one of the old Scars which was *badger*S.

However, the PDW and G39c I have owned and both are great fun. The G39 being my primary for over 10 months now before bits needed replacing.

Hoping the AKS will replace my G39 though, I feel the need for something new. :)

I'd say WE Open bolts are good ootb right now, Ive got the G39,L85 and SCAR, and none have had any failures...

From what i've seen the L85 isnt so much a functional failure as a construction failure.

First one i held shot great for about 5-6 rounds, then something pinged off past my ear.. 'twas the dust cover, which was epoxied onto the receiver, there were clear marks where it was supposed to be spotwelded, but no it was epoxied.. bare metal to bare metal.

Then the safety came loose

Then the selector fell off..

Archived